PDA

View Full Version : Xr1

DEKconsulting
08-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Any truth to guy's running a pair of 29.0s on the rear and running 1.5 to 2 inches of stagger

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-18-2017, 01:28 PM
Any truth to guy's running a pair of 29.0s on the rear and running 1.5 to 2 inches of stagger

It is illegal in Lucas oil competition. It wouldn't be if it wasn't being done.

fastford
08-19-2017, 09:55 AM
with the amount of travel on right front now days and the rear steer it generates, about every one i know on this set up is running a lot less stagger than they use to.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Watched a car set a new track record with a couple RR tires on the back last night. He didn't let the car roll the corner.

King1
08-19-2017, 12:50 PM
I watched josh McGuire set the track record at 201 on a pair of 28.5's across the rear.

a25rjr
08-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Watched a car set a new track record with a couple RR tires on the back last night. He didn't let the car roll the corner.

Do you think its a stagger issue or sidewall strength issue?

a25rjr
08-20-2017, 07:45 PM
It is illegal in Lucas oil competition. It wouldn't be if it wasn't being done.

According to Lucas's "tire rules" page, it only dictates 28.5 only for the fronts. Does not give a size for the rears.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2017, 06:18 AM
According to Lucas's "tire rules" page, it only dictates 28.5 only for the fronts. Does not give a size for the rears.

The event specific rules say lr/front - 28.5 then the compound.

I think the idea is add rubber to the track at all costs. Then, they don't let the cars roll the center. Saw the wheel on entry and put it back to the mat. If you don't roll the center, you don't need stagger.

a25rjr
08-21-2017, 12:22 PM
The event specific rules say lr/front - 28.5 then the compound.

I think the idea is add rubber to the track at all costs. Then, they don't let the cars roll the center. Saw the wheel on entry and put it back to the mat. If you don't roll the center, you don't need stagger.

My bad.....old age I guess!

I was always in favor of running 3 29's and 1 28.5. Less tire inventory and could easily adjust stagger.

7uptruckracer
08-21-2017, 02:24 PM
I've been told 1-2" on the XR1

Basecircle
08-21-2017, 06:29 PM
I've heard of guys running the c4000 across the rear. I don't know if it's for the shorter sidewall or the wider tread, or both.

a25rjr
08-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Brings to mind, one engineer who says we need at least 1 5/8" stagger. Says there is harmonics that hurts overall traction at less stagger than that.

Kenny Outlaw
09-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Brand new to Latemodel racing so i will be the new guy and ask.... what do you mean exaclty when you say "He didnt let the car roll the center"? Like i said i am new to latemodels and we have hadour crate car out 2 times and finished a reapectful 9th and 7th but i was really struggling to get back to the throttle in the middle of the corner, the car would either snap out on me and i would have to chase it up the track or i would would bind it up and get to tight if i tried to trail brake just really confusing how the bigger tires are and how well a late model actually turns. coming from mods with the small tire and less stagger its hared to break bad habits but it feels like this latemodel has so much stagger its hard for me to feel if the car is actually under me or im just skating. Also i dont understand the measurements you guys have mentioned like 29 and 28.5 all the tires we have now are in inches but like 88 90 and 92. Thanks for any info you can give because although we are just shaking down the car for the rest of the year i really am struggling to make the transition to latemodels, we have been out 2 times and have been faster each time and smoother i just think we are struggling or missing something that this post is directly addressing. thankyou you guys for all your knowledge it is truly appreciated by guys like me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Brand new to Latemodel racing so i will be the new guy and ask.... what do you mean exaclty when you say "He didnt let the car roll the center"? Like i said i am new to latemodels and we have hadour crate car out 2 times and finished a reapectful 9th and 7th but i was really struggling to get back to the throttle in the middle of the corner, the car would either snap out on me and i would have to chase it up the track or i would would bind it up and get to tight if i tried to trail brake just really confusing how the bigger tires are and how well a late model actually turns. coming from mods with the small tire and less stagger its hared to break bad habits but it feels like this latemodel has so much stagger its hard for me to feel if the car is actually under me or im just skating. Also i dont understand the measurements you guys have mentioned like 29 and 28.5 all the tires we have now are in inches but like 88 90 and 92. Thanks for any info you can give because although we are just shaking down the car for the rest of the year i really am struggling to make the transition to latemodels, we have been out 2 times and have been faster each time and smoother i just think we are struggling or missing something that this post is directly addressing. thankyou you guys for all your knowledge it is truly appreciated by guys like me.

"didnt roll the center" - I mean he didn't coast thru the center of the corner. He turned the car at the end of the straight and just floored it.

The smaller tire numbers are diameter. The larger numbers are circumference. circumference is diameter X 3.1415 or pi.