PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill

jog49
08-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Has anyone heard the rumor circulating that Mike Fulp of 311 Speedway in Madison, NC will once again open up the track in 2017 for a high dollar SLM race, possibly with the Ultimate Series? My source is talking $25-30,000 to the winner.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-20-2017, 09:57 AM
Has anyone heard the rumor circulating that Mike Fulp of 311 Speedway in Madison, NC will once again open up the track in 2017 for a high dollar SLM race, possibly with the Ultimate Series? My source is talking $25-30,000 to the winner.

There racing every other fri right now. No big shows as of yet. Tony hicks rented it to start it back up but i dk if hes still the one promoting still.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Oct 6th $4k to win ultimate race has been added.

nc mudcat
08-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Oct 6th will be an opportunity to see if they can prepare the track to hold the supers; for years, it has dusted over incredibly bad with supers on it, to the point you can't see. I am hopeful they can figure that out. The surface has been really good so far for the crates.

Barbecueboy
08-24-2017, 11:33 AM
There is only one thing that makes me Leary of any of it......MF

And no, it's not the band mothers finest.

I'll ride up for the ultimates

Bigracer93
08-24-2017, 11:38 AM
The guy running that place is an interesting character.. He is liable to get everyone there and kick them all out because someone said something he didn't like

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2017, 12:06 PM
There is only one thing that makes me Leary of any of it......MF

And no, it's not the band mothers finest.

I'll ride up for the ultimates

They have changed to fri nights in case u wernt aware of.

Barbecueboy
08-24-2017, 12:46 PM
The guy running that place is an interesting character.. He is liable to get everyone there and kick them all out because someone said something he didn't like

Character....yes
Interesting......not so much

Track is fantastic.....facilities very cool.....location ( love that area of the country).....guy owning the place could have easily been an extra in "one flew over the cookoos nest"IMO.....

Barbecueboy
08-24-2017, 12:48 PM
The series coming in can overcome and adapt to anything that crazy MF can throw at them.....I look for the October show to be great......despite the owner.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Yes and they usally pull good car count

dirtcrazy4u
08-24-2017, 03:37 PM
You guys are to much. A guy reopens a place and is making an attempt to bring in SLM and you call him nuts ? Don't walk by a mirror. Geeesh.

DipStik
08-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Who called him nuts ?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2017, 03:47 PM
I believe tony hicks is running or promoting the races. Mike fulp owns the facility. MF has had issues in the past is all im saying. I hope it is a success but you never know. Only thing i dnt like is they switched to fri night racing. Im sure thats cuz friendship is running saturday and they are prolly hoping they get car counts up as ararat track closed down and they ran on fri.

Barbecueboy
08-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Who called him nuts ?

Nobody did.

Somebody that read into it what he wanted to hear and not what was written made that claim..........immense respect for the whole hicks racing family and what they are trying to do at the Daytona of dirt.

The guy that owns it, nope.....sorry.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-24-2017, 06:19 PM
You guys are to much. A guy reopens a place and is making an attempt to bring in SLM and you call him nuts ? Don't walk by a mirror. Geeesh.And if they have personally met the guy and that's how he came off, is what it is.

DipStik
08-24-2017, 09:37 PM
Nobody did.

Somebody that read into it what he wanted to hear and not what was written made that claim..........immense respect for the whole hicks racing family and what they are trying to do at the Daytona of dirt.

I know it, smh. Seem to never cease to amaze me...

a25rjr
08-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Nobody did.

Pretty soon this site will change its name to ......Snowflakes 4m..."the only opinion that counts, is OURS!"

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Pretty soon this site will change its name to ......Snowflakes 4m..."the only opinion that counts, is OURS!"

You will be president!

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2017, 03:10 AM
You will be president!Better get his Twitter fired up then.

nuff said
08-25-2017, 07:10 AM
BBQ is pretty accurate on this deal.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately true.....

Being said, Kelly and crew are pros and with the drivers help will put on a great show....like always.

Owner be dammed.

nc mudcat
08-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Doesn't really matter to me who the promoter is, but this is a confusing situation. Hicks promoted the first race when they opened back up, then a guy (don't remember the name) from Stokes County was said to be the promoter. If you read the facebook page, it seems like Mr. Fulp is promoting, and now I see a lot of Duane Goins on there. I think they will need to pick a promoter and let it fly.

The biggest complaints I have heard since they reopened are the racing on Friday night, and the cost of admission. I think the Friday thing was because they knew the cars were running at Friendship and they would not pull them away in the middle of the season, and that will resolve itself next year by going to Saturdays. As far as the price, $15 is too much for a weekly show, IMO, and that has been shared by a lot of others I have heard from. For Fastrak touring races, $15 is fair. I imagine the Ultiimate race will be $20. But for the weekly shows, especially with 10 cars per class, $15 won't hold a crowd.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Beginning of a dumpster fire with that MF promoting again......

Will be fine for the ultimate show in October....those guys could put on a good , well run show in a parking lot.