PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Schlenk

goincircles
08-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know before we hear from the cults members Rusty and his hot Rayburn was 5th at Oakshade with a very weak competition over and out

pink floyd
08-21-2017, 05:06 AM
another top 5

ThebigE
08-21-2017, 06:15 AM
He's just being nice and letting others win every now and again.

T3GJason47
08-21-2017, 10:11 AM
This is an ignorant thread.

Bigdirtfan
08-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Alright top five at Oakshade and i believe only 1 crate engine car finished in front of him. Dont forget he was second at Attica on Friday and there were like 5 cars there that had won a race before.

Doc88D
08-21-2017, 11:44 AM
I don't care who you are. When you have 18 feature wins by mid August, you are doing something right. Im sure it is a short list of drivers in the country that has that many wins at this point...

Jim11h
08-21-2017, 11:47 AM
Going into last week he held 58pt lead over unzicker and like 70pts of Pierce and they all have 35 shows. Just stating facts!

MI Dirt Fan
08-21-2017, 11:54 AM
This is an ignorant thread.

From a regular ignorant poster

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Some people will try to find a way to tear anybody down. Especially once they have been proven wrong.

T3GJason47
08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Hey MI Dirt Fan all 35 of my post have been ignorant huh? Your an idiot!!!

T3GJason47
08-21-2017, 12:10 PM
35 post and im a regular? SMDH...

MI Dirt Fan
08-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Umm. Before you jump to conclusions I was referring to goincircles

Highside Hustler25
08-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know before we hear from the cults members Rusty and his hot Rayburn was 5th at Oakshade with a very weak competition over and out

Jealousy is a beeeeeeeeeeeatch:)

fryefan
08-21-2017, 09:46 PM

You have some serious jealousy issues.

NormP
08-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Hey MI Dirt Fan all 35 of my post have been ignorant huh? Your an idiot!!!

Even a blind man could see who he was talking about.

Good lord, some of you people...

MI Dirt Fan
08-21-2017, 11:02 PM

I know... Thanks Norm 👍

Illtsate32
08-22-2017, 12:47 AM
It will be a decent payday for him if he can get the ump title...

ThebigE
08-22-2017, 05:54 AM
T3GJason47, MI Dirt Fan was referring to goincircles not you brother. He's just jealous of Rusty for some reason.

T3GJason47
08-22-2017, 09:47 AM
I apologize MI Dirt Fan I misunderstood your post.

dmr37
08-22-2017, 10:16 AM

Speaking of blind...

Did anybody go blind from looking at the eclipse yesterday? I didn't.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
08-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Win # 18 tonight at Oakshade.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Good for Rusty, he's running pretty well anywhere he goes.

Hopefully him and ole CJ can get the sponsorship behind them to hit some bigger shows next year, and maybe get some drivers in their cars. Now that they've proven they aren't too bad.

Guess I could ramble on and say Rusty sucks, CJ sucks, and he's only beating crates or something like that lmao.(sarcasm)

TackyTracker
08-28-2017, 04:32 PM
If he makes the World will it be the only Rayburn

Krooser
08-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Anytime a Rayburn wins it's good for the sport.... good luck to Rusty.

Clayton_Wetter
08-28-2017, 05:32 PM
someone needs to put the whiskey away and go to bed

Before your head falls on the keyboard!!! hahahahahaaaaa

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Good for Rusty, he's running pretty well anywhere he goes.

Hopefully him and ole CJ can get the sponsorship behind them to hit some bigger shows next year, and maybe get some drivers in their cars. Now that they've proven they aren't too bad.

Guess I could ramble on and say Rusty sucks, CJ sucks, and he's only beating crates or something like that lmao.(sarcasm)

Wouldn't the haters just sh1t if ole Rusty were to go to the World and make the show?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Wouldn't the haters just sh1t if ole Rusty were to go to the World and make the show?I still would put him as a long shot, but that'd be something.

Highside Hustler25
08-28-2017, 08:05 PM
I still would put him as a long shot, but that'd be something.

Absolutely ! But doesn't a long shot always come out of nowhere at the Big E just about every year? Just takes some luck and a good wheel spin.

ThebigE
08-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Rusty ran good during the Dream. He made both features Thursday and Friday and had good qualifying times. When he hit the wall on Saturday in hot laps is what killed his chances for Saturday. I'm thinking he was suppose to roll off on the outside of row 2 in his heat race.... Top 3 transferred. I'd love to see him make the show in his CJ1. Nothing like having a Rayburn back in the grand daddy of them all!!

devil6
08-29-2017, 06:53 AM
CJ has the current Australian Champion having a few drives in his car ATM

Highwayman
09-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Schlenk gets top 5 at Eldora with heavy competition!

Illtsate32
09-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Is the world a ump points race? And if Pierce runs the ump fall nationals at eldora can he still win ump title?

ThebigE
09-05-2017, 06:21 AM
Rusty looked good! He was up to 4th from starting 13th with one to go side by side with Feger. He had that CJ1 looking good!

T3GJason47
09-05-2017, 06:35 AM
Rusty isn't going to the World. He wants the UMP National Points title again. So he is racing Missouri and Illinois this weekend. Hes only 44 points ahead of Unzicker.

Highwayman
09-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Rusty isn't going to the World. He wants the UMP National Points title again. So he is racing Missouri and Illinois this weekend. Hes only 44 points ahead of Unzicker.
That's too bad, he's got some momentum going, but I understand. I think the World use to be a UMP event, but #PowersThatBe have no respect or time for tradition.

Centeroff
09-05-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm a fan of Rusty. Been watching him on DOD since day 1 in the Rayburn car. Car looks much better as far as shocks and springs now than early in the season. I think Rusty in the right equipment is a threat

T3GJason47
09-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Highwayman its still a UMP race. I think he just feels he can replace some finishes with better ones by going out west to race this weekend.

Highside Hustler25
09-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Highwayman its still a UMP race. I think he just feels he can replace some finishes with better ones by going out west to race this weekend.

Smart move on his part. What's your problem with it? Is your name on the car?

Highwayman
09-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Highwayman, its still a UMP race.(referring to World 100) I think he just feels he can replace some finishes with better ones by going out west to race this weekend.

Smart move on his part. What's your problem with it? Is your name on the car?

The other poster was commenting to me, "Highwayman" not you. We both thought it smart that Schlenk was passing on Eldora to chase points title.

Krooser
09-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Fifth in the Baltes Classic....nice

ThebigE
09-07-2017, 12:50 PM
I think he is also running for ALMS points... If so, Jon Henry will be at Eldora for the World and he is leading the ALMS right now over Schlenk who is 52 points behind.

Doc88D
09-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Rusty gets win #19 tonight in Farmington, MO.

Bigdirtfan
09-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Truly incredible what rusty has done this year. Eldora must not be awarding ump points all three nights like they have in the past.

ThebigE
09-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes, they are rewarding UMP points all 3 nights. It's that Unzicker is 2nd in UMP points and he's out in the midwest racing so Rusty had to follow suit. Some might say he's "cherry pickin" but I call it paying the bills trying to win a $20,000 points payout.

Highwayman
09-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Yes, they are rewarding UMP points all 3 nights. It's that Unzicker is 2nd in UMP points and he's out in the midwest racing so Rusty had to follow suit. Some might say he's "cherry pickin" but I call it paying the bills trying to win a $20,000 points payout.

Very well put. People who call, "Cherry Picking" aren't paying the bills. Just like the Red Barron, you want to be successful you choose the fights you think you can win, not to show off your balls.

Ryan21mid
09-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Rusty won again at Farmington MO last night!

Bigdirtfan
09-08-2017, 11:00 AM
I guess you can call it whatever you want. How many cars were at francois county speedway last night?

JustAddDirt
09-08-2017, 11:27 AM
doesn't matter. there is only 1 winner. and it was the CJ1car.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's the UMP Modified championships were won with a lot of feature wins, and a lot of them with not very many cars in attendance. Points Racing, per say.
I believe that is why UMP made the bonus point systems.
but a win is a win

TheJet-09
09-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Without having a dog in the fight, and personal opinions aside, I get doing what you can to win any type of championship, let alone a national one, but I often can't make sense of the distances traveled to some of these races. I assume this race he won last night (and yes, excellent job) was in the middle of nowhere, not anywhere near his home, yet he passed on Eldora which is in his home state (at least from what I can tell). What did he spend in diesel fuel alone getting to this show last night (which I believe was $2K to win)? He probably would have sold more than that in t-shirts alone if at Eldora. I get the $20K championship award, but over the course of a season with trips like this one, can't that money get eaten up pretty quick?

Once again, not bashing, just trying to better understand the logic in "business decisions" as such.

ThebigE
09-08-2017, 11:55 AM
TheJet09.... I completely agree and not sure if it all adds up in the long run.. He has a couple of crew guys traveling with him that work for him also. So, after you factor in fuel, wages, tires and everything else that makes these cars go around the track. Now, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I do understand economics! I guess I don't know what kind of sponsorship money he gets. The CJ1 car he drives he doesn't own so I don't think it's a lot of money out of his own pocket? But yes, when he travels 4-6 hours away to race for $1200 - $2,000 I don't see it adding up either. It makes you wonder if he raced close to home on a weekly basis how much $ he would save from traveling all over BFE chasing these ALMS and UMP championships. He might get $20-$30k in championship winning but pisses all of that away traveling all year long...All I know is Rusty is a great guy, and I always pull for him where ever he runs. I like seeing a small budget guy do well.

Bigdirtfan
09-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Justadddirt, i was just curious on the car count last night. I honestly dont know, maybe a rusty fan can tell us.

MI Dirt Fan
09-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Without having a dog in the fight, and personal opinions aside, I get doing what you can to win any type of championship, let alone a national one, but I often can't make sense of the distances traveled to some of these races. I assume this race he won last night (and yes, excellent job) was in the middle of nowhere, not anywhere near his home, yet he passed on Eldora which is in his home state (at least from what I can tell). What did he spend in diesel fuel alone getting to this show last night (which I believe was $2K to win)? He probably would have sold more than that in t-shirts alone if at Eldora. I get the $20K championship award, but over the course of a season with trips like this one, can't that money get eaten up pretty quick?

Once again, not bashing, just trying to better understand the logic in "business decisions" as such.

I don't think he went there just for one race....

rg59
09-08-2017, 01:05 PM
13 latemodels at SFCR last night.

ThebigE
09-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Ouch.............

westlingracing
09-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Rusty is able to run 3 nights at tracks within a 100 mile radius. He has friends there and a couple of them have bought new cars from him recently. The guy pulls with a beat up truck and trailer. Doing it on a budget. I admire the guy for it, If he get the national championship he deserves it!

Krooser
09-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Did anyone ever ask the car owner if HE might be the one calling the shots on where they race? Three tracks within 100 miles sounds like a good trip to me... heck I used to travel within my home state with my sportsman car running wherever the pay was best and the car count was lower than the 100 plus I had to race against at home.

And I think that a national series point title will carry a lot more weight in the 2018 sponsorship hunt than "finished 26th at the World 100"....

Plus maybe, just maybe, CJ will kick in some help if one of his 'non-competitive' chassis's wins a UMP or ALMS title...

Bigdirtfan
09-08-2017, 06:18 PM
The only full time racer who actively competed for the ump title all year. The only guy who traveled three states over to race against 10 other guys multiple times. Yep great advertisement for next year, and still looking for that first crown jewel start. Small budget racer in a house car with a childress engine. Same bs over and over every year.

westlingracing
09-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Unziker went to Belle-Clair to take on Rusty. Over 20 cars tonight on the little bullring.

Senroc-Systems
09-08-2017, 07:50 PM
The only full time racer who actively competed for the ump title all year. The only guy who traveled three states over to race against 10 other guys multiple times. Yep great advertisement for next year, and still looking for that first crown jewel start. Small budget racer in a house car with a childress engine. Same bs over and over every year.

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? Every fricken post with Rusty's name in it you feel the need to belittle his accomplishments. First off the CJ1 is not a house car. It's owned by his sponsor. Even if it was a house car, do you think what Rayburn has to offer is remotely close to Rocket, Longhorn or Pierce's programs? Secondly, that Childress engine you keep talking about is over 5 year old technology. It isn't even in the same league as these new wide bore engines. BS over and over? I'll tell you what's happening over and over. Rusty Schlenk having back to back to back double digit wins. Multiple Track Championships, multiple Regional Championships and an unheard-of National Championship from a guy with his caliber equipment. Rusty's TALENT is winning these races, not his equipment. It's evident to anyone who isn't blinded by jealousy and hate. The guy wins in every chassis he's ever had. He had 40 wins in 3 years in a Lazer! Name anyone who had that kind of success in a Lazer? Not Davey Johnson, not Scott James, not Doug Drown. H e l l, not even Bernhiesel's own kid couldn't. He's won in a Pierce and a couple Rockets of his own and Mike Lawrence's. He wins in other guys cars who aren't even close to getting top tens. ( Theibo and Hahn) It's called TALENT !Nowt's move on to the fact Rusty is the complete package as a driver. He calls all his own shots. Every shock spring and bar change. Every tire choice. Every adjustment on his cars. He's a darn good fabricator, welder, and race car mechanic. No big name crew chief, no top of the line engines or cars. Once again he's winning races on TALENT.

Why don't you just admit you hate him because he's kicking the living crap out of your favorite local guys, with lesser equipment, instead of looking like an a$$hole who doesn't understand what you're seeing? You'd have a lot more credibility on here and the people who are unfortunate enough to sit anywhere close to you when you attend races in person.

Bigdirtfan
09-08-2017, 08:12 PM
I dont really have any favorite local guys, and i didnt know there was such a thing as credibility here on the 4m. I do know that the best drivers in the country are at eldora this weekend and obviously the love of your life is not.

Doc88D
09-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Rusty Schlenk just knocked down feature win #20 at Bell Claire. Over a pretty stout group of cars.

TMaCiLLiNi39
09-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Rusty Schlenk just knocked down feature win #20 at Bell Claire. Over a pretty stout group of cars.

Please explain "Stout"... I've been to a few weekly Belleville shows and the field was pretty bad

westlingracing
09-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Schlenk, Kloos, Unziker.

WisWildManFan
09-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Same Story every year rusty drives by tracks to duck competition. Not a bobby fan but he won by showing up at the big ump races. Unzicker obviously has had a good year winning multiple features at FALS which I think has one of the better weekly group of guys in the nation. Rusty does seem to make it work for him and mckay had same approach last year. Ump national points is like being the tallest midget.

Doc88D
09-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Rusty has multiple feature wins at Oakshade. Which also has a very stout weekly Late Model program. However I don't hear people asking why Unzicker isn't at Eldora?

MI Dirt Fan
09-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Rusty has multiple feature wins at Oakshade. Which also has a very stout weekly Late Model program. However I don't hear people asking why Unzicker isn't at Eldora?
H€ll Rick Eckert isn't even there.

PRCKartRacer9
09-08-2017, 11:50 PM
I bet it makes Rusty feel good to see so many people talking about his every move. For just being "average", he sure gains a lot of attention

play4kps
09-09-2017, 02:01 AM
I have to admit. Rusty looked pretty good on Sunday. But for crying out loud, GROW UP! He can race anywhere he choses, he is not racing for the haters, he is racing for his family and to put food on his table. Other drivers can skip the big e or other big races and we never see anything about it. Are you that insanely jealous of Rusty.

WisWildManFan
09-09-2017, 03:35 AM
Biggest cherry picker in the entire sport...When he comes to IL he gets his a$$ handed to him. UnlessU count world 100 weekend.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-09-2017, 07:18 AM
I applaud what Rusty has done. He races smart, where he feels he can make some $$ to go to the next event. I hope more of these drivers take note of the Rayburn by RSR. Proves a good driver with a good setup can win in Rayburns.

n4cgrt
09-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Rusty races with over a full field of cars every night. Down in Illinois where unzicker is racing your lucky to get 18 late models and only 4 guys have a shot at winning

SHOE32
09-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Bottom line is if you wanna see a regional driver at a crown jewel,send them a check to cover it, I'm sure they would probably be happy to go. Otherwise don't critisize drivers for making financial decisions for their own teams.

00Hdmn
09-11-2017, 07:43 AM
First I want to say that I applaud Rusty for the way he races and his great work ethic and the way he has been able to win as many races that he has in a new designed Rayburn car, I think the biggest problem that people have is that every time the cat wins people act like he is this is the best thing to hit dirt racing and then he doesn't show up to try and see where he stands with the big boys, and I understand he is points racing and don't blame him for doing it the way he is but he has no leverage in my book unless you run with those big guys and see where you stack up. You have guys like Zack Dohm and JOHN Henry that are in the same boat as Rusty going and proving themselves. Again I'm don't blame him for doing what he does but please every time the guy wins it's not a huge deal.

cgrace
09-11-2017, 08:11 AM
I agree, Rusty is a good guy and making it work. Personally, I'd like it if UMP didn't give points except at Eldora for the Dream and the World during those races.

play4kps
09-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Come on cgrace! You act like Eldora is the only speedway in the country. If other tracks run its their choice. Beside Eldora has not made a true commitment to dirt late model racing for years. From the dream to the Baltes classic no late models ran at Eldora. Let that sink in. Basically no late models at Eldora in June, July and August. that's 3 months of the summer.

ThebigE
09-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Eldora don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about dirt late models other than the Dream and World. All of the other races they are lucky to get 20 cars. The only reason they get more than 20 for the Baltes Classic is practice for the World. Even though the late models make Eldora more $ than the NASCAR trucks, WoO sprints etc.......Earl told me one time that the World 100 covered all of his expenses for the entire year.

Highwayman
09-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Same Story every year rusty drives by tracks to duck competition. Not a bobby fan but he won by showing up at the big ump races. Unzicker obviously has had a good year winning multiple features at FALS which I think has one of the better weekly group of guys in the nation. Rusty does seem to make it work for him and mckay had same approach last year. Ump national points is like being the tallest midget.

He was at Eldora last week and run top 5 behind strong competition, like Moyer, EPJ and others. When you start writing the checks, then you get a say-so in where he runs.

Senroc-Systems
09-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Win # 21 tonight at Oakshade!

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 06:59 AM
Win # 21 tonight at Oakshade!

Rock on! Racing with his brain, not his bollocks.

over4T
09-17-2017, 08:43 AM
bollocks??

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 04:10 PM
bollocks??

That's how Brits say "Ball$". Lol

over4T
09-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Thanks for clarifying that H'Man. Never asked a Limey about that.

Bigdirtfan
09-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Rusty schlenk the tallest midget, im thinking new nickname i love it.

JK4745
09-17-2017, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking "UMP Champion" is a much better nickname.

Senroc-Systems
09-18-2017, 04:12 AM
I'm thinking "UMP Champion" is a much better nickname.

They been calling him that for just shy of a decade now! I'm thinking " Two time" has a nice ring to it!

Highwayman
09-18-2017, 10:47 AM
They been calling him that for just shy of a decade now! I'm thinking " Two time" has a nice ring to it!

Nice. I'm just glad to see a little chassis/suspension diversity being used successfully.