PDA

View Full Version : Eric Cooley Triumphantly Returns to the Driver's Seat

Ben Shelton
08-22-2017, 02:43 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 22, 2017

Eric Cooley Triumphantly Returns to the Driver’s Seat

Fulton, MS (08/22/17) – Less than a month after a frightening highway accident destroyed his hauler and much of his equipment Eric Cooley made a triumphant return to racing on Friday night in his Bryson Motorsports #33b Eric Cooley Trucking/ Barry Wright/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The Mississippi racer topped the action at Alabama’s Moulton Speedway. It was ironically the same track that he was traveling to in late July, when he was involved in a devastating accident.
“On July 21 we were headed to Moulton [Raceway Park] when an older gentleman in a pickup truck pulled out in front of our hauler,” the 26-year-old Cooley recollects. “To keep from slamming into him, we had to hit the ditch.”

The team’s stacker hauler would flip as Cooley and his crew were tossed about the truck. Luckily they only suffered a few bruises and cuts.

“It could’ve been so much worse, so I was thankful that no one was seriously injured.”

The same could not be said for the hauler and his cars. Most of his equipment was destroyed in the rollover.

“Honestly, I almost just called it quits, because it was so disheartening,” Cooley recounts. “However, my team owner [Norman Bryson], my team, my sponsors, and my family wouldn’t let me give up.”

With a laugh he concludes by saying, “I’m glad they stayed on me because I love this stuff and wouldn’t know what to do if I wasn’t racing on the weekends.”

Powering the Bryson Motorsports #33B entry, Eric Cooley made the trip to Moulton Raceway Park (Moulton, Alabama) on Friday evening, competing in a field of 14 Super Late Models. Laying down the third-fastest time in qualifying, Eric earned the third-starting position for the 25-lap main event. Jumping into the lead on the fourth lap, Cooley extended his advantage during the remaining 21 circuits to capture his second win of the season. Cruz Skinner, Corey Posey, Howard Means, and Mark Mears completed the Top 5.

“Just to get back to the track was a huge undertaking, and I definitely want to dedicate this win to everyone, who helped me rebound so quickly,” Cooley stated. “I really can’t thank Norman Bryson enough for his amazing support, and I also want to give a big shout out to Clements Racing Engines for getting me a new powerplant ready so fast.”

Full results from the event are available at www.MoultonRacewayPark.com .

Eric will look for another win this Saturday, when he rolls into Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) to chase the $2,500 top prize in the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) Super Late Model event.

For more information on the event, please visit www.StateSeries.com .

Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc, Bryson Motorsports, Fleetco Inc., Eric Cooley Trucking, DJ Transportation, O.H. Hendricks, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, GW Performance, Clements Racing Engines, SEG, Hooker Harness, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Eric Cooley and Bryson Motorsports, please visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com and www.BrysonMotorsports.com .