PDA

View Full Version : Track near Greenville IL...

DipStik
08-24-2017, 02:34 PM
I heard a new track was either being built or is going to be built close to Greenville. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

CT00
08-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I live close to Greenville and haven't heard anything about it.. They used to race at the Fairgrounds but those days are long gone now... I would say the towns people wouldn't let that happen again...

dmr37
08-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Greenville is about halfway between Highland and Fayette Co. Don't really see the need.

Illtsate32
08-24-2017, 03:55 PM
I live close to Greenville and haven't heard anything about it.. They used to race at the Fairgrounds but those days are long gone now... I would say the towns people wouldn't let that happen again...That track still there CT? was a horse track there too right...seen some good mod and ss races there back in the day...

DipStik
08-24-2017, 07:41 PM
I was just wondering because I heard something about a track near Greenville but they said new, so that threw me. Probably talking about one of the tracks mentioned. Thanks boys.

Illtsate32
08-24-2017, 10:08 PM
I was just wondering because I heard something about a track near Greenville but they said new, so that threw me. Probably talking about one of the tracks mentioned. Thanks boys.Ya stik they all are about 20 min within each other...

CT00
08-25-2017, 10:00 AM
There isn't much left of the race track. They still do some horse(carriage) racing.. Not really sure what they call it on the horse track during the fair. It is a shame they let it go... That was a nice lil track.