PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Lawrenceburg Speedway | 8/26/17 | Lucas Oil Late Models | Whiskey City 60

Jody Shannon
08-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Heats/B-Mains: https://youtu.be/D0n64Ol2xjM

Whiskey City 60 Feature: https://youtu.be/Dn11cye92r8

Kromulous
08-29-2017, 10:23 AM
No one better rollin in that black, all these new kids better figure it out if they want to ever be as good as Bloomquist. You can play throttle jockey all night long on that cushion, and win but its not the most consistent way to be great!

G.O.A.T. Dig it.

And i know what the numbnuts are going to say, it rubberd up. No sh** he found it 1st because he wasn't hanging on to a cushion that was played out, he was out there in the black rollin it thru the corners lookin.

MI Dirt Fan
08-29-2017, 10:59 AM
That was a snoozer

Clayton_Wetter
08-29-2017, 04:53 PM
That was a snoozer

I concur, glad I stayed home finally!

MI Dirt Fan
08-29-2017, 05:38 PM
I concur, glad I stayed home finally!

Didn't even look like racing.

Bob Hubbard
08-29-2017, 06:21 PM
No one better rollin in that black, all these new kids better figure it out if they want to ever be as good as Bloomquist. You can play throttle jockey all night long on that cushion, and win but its not the most consistent way to be great!

G.O.A.T. Dig it.

And i know what the numbnuts are going to say, it rubberd up. No sh** he found it 1st because he wasn't hanging on to a cushion that was played out, he was out there in the black rollin it thru the corners lookin.

Im not knocking bloomer & his skills as a driver / setup .... But on the other side is if you dont get the track with 2 grooves no ones gonna watch a train race .... I was at kc a few yrs ago ( now Atomic ) I think there was one pass in 100 laps ... I dunno the answer here ....Just saying

JustAddDirt
08-29-2017, 10:47 PM
I thought it was a pretty good race. Several lead changes, some drivers going forward, some backward.
I have seen a lot worse racing at more prestigious events.
At least till it rubbered up. But there was still passing going on in the rubber.

Kromulous
08-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Well, i thought it was a great race from the video. I wasnt there, live to far away now, but what more do you people want? Bloomquist started 10th or so? rolled it to the front. What happened to Lannigan anyway? flat RR?

JabberJaws83
08-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Well, i thought it was a great race from the video. I wasnt there, live to far away now, but what more do you people want? Bloomquist started 10th or so? rolled it to the front. What happened to Lannigan anyway? flat RR?

It was great for about 25 laps, but the problem was that they still had 35 to go and the track completely locked down. One of the worst lock downs I have ever saw.

zyoung25
08-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Bloomer started 7th. Lanigan and O'Neal had flats on the same lap. Lanigans went flat right before they started to take the green on lap 26.

The first half was good, 2nd half not so much.

JustAddDirt
08-30-2017, 12:11 PM
I went to go get strapped into car on lap 35, and they were still racing all over the track.

one would have thought that track would have rubbered around the top, not the bottom, there were not many people down there

zyoung25
08-30-2017, 06:43 PM
one would have thought that track would have rubbered around the top, not the bottom, there were not many people down there

That's what i thought. Im no expert, but i cant remember seeing a a track ever rubber where just a few cars were running. I knew when I seen Scott's car literally jumping off of turn 2, it was over. That was very strange to me, cuz no one had really used the bottom to middle since the heats.

JabberJaws83
08-30-2017, 08:00 PM
I can also tell you that they barely touched the track during the week, if at all.

MI Dirt Fan
08-30-2017, 09:38 PM
Scott won by actually working the car not just wide open running the cushion and sliding all over the track.

Bob Hubbard
08-31-2017, 03:30 PM
Anyone got info on a new track near edge water .....

Clayton_Wetter
08-31-2017, 04:04 PM

Edge water? Is that A town? Where?

Southern Indiana needs a race track badly. One that would actually prep a track surface! Tired of shoveling out after the races and being sick from inhaling dirt all night. Totally inexcusable.

JabberJaws83
08-31-2017, 04:13 PM

Edge water dragway? Haven't heard a thing about a new track near it

Bob Hubbard
08-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Edge water dragway? Haven't heard a thing about a new track near it
I saw a post on facebook about it .... Cant find it now .... Yea ...edge water drag strip is what i remember reading ... I dont know anymore about it ... Im sure someone else will chime in ....

Bob Hubbard
08-31-2017, 06:16 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thedrc/

Bob Hubbard
09-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Talked to another guy at the track last friday that said he heard they have a race setup for next year .... I didnt ask for details .... Seems somethings in the works ....