PDA

View Full Version : Does brand of car really matter?????

President Clinton
09-07-2017, 11:28 AM
All you here is about the car.......ever think the man behind the scenes could be the most important part????? Bloomer has won in ever brand out there, because he is good with his setup..JD seems fast with Rumley....Bobby with his dads help....Everyone with Mark Richards as crew chief,,,,,,, so does the brand matter as much as the brain behind it????

Josh Bayko
09-07-2017, 11:35 AM
The chassis matters some. Great crew chiefs do need a solid piece to work with. The best crew chief in the world isn't going to make some outdated chassis a world beater.

Bubstr
09-07-2017, 12:09 PM
IMO, it depends on the knowledge of who is setting it up. If your green and need help, get a chassis with help attached. Put bar A in hole B. The old pro knows the only thing that counts is where the tire meets the road. Dynamic weight transfer and when it does it. That is how you get a car that is balanced. Neither using the right front or right rear too much. The contact patch doesn't know what chassis is there. It just knows down force and side force. There are things built into some like camber gain that could be changed if you can.

pierceFAN
09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
some guys can win in any car....and some no matter how much money they throw at it cant win a consi...there has to be some chemistry between driver and crew chief to make the car go fast...that being said...i still think some chassis fit different drivers driving styles better than others

MissouriMadMan
09-07-2017, 12:56 PM
It must some.....look at what chassis are in the pits with the traveling guys nationally and even regionally, look at what you DON'T see anymore...GRT, Rayburn, MastersBuilt ect.. those chassis used win a lot of races I bet I haven't see one of those three all year in a pit that I have walked through....GRT's $$ now come from Modified sales...if there was one of those chassis there it was an older one they bought used.

Krooser
09-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Lots of monkey see monkey do out there...

18zero
09-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Last time a rocket won the world 100?

Josh Bayko
09-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Last time a rocket won the world 100?

Blankenship in 2013

President Clinton
09-07-2017, 04:31 PM
So if the chassis does matter then how has the hippie won in every brand he has been in????? How come JD is only really good with Rumley???? Why couldn't T Mac be fast till now? Maybe the man behind the scenes really is the most important part. Even ol McDowell is fast, with Bloomers help???

dirtcrazy4u
09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Well if there isn't a bond between driver and crew chief you can forget about it. Driver's that are there crew chief, bloomee, can drive anything. He has a feel that no one else has. Lil bobbie has his dad, it will be interesting to see what he does if the day comes he has someone else turning the wrenches on possibly another chassis. Mark Richards as a crew chief besides his other duties is very very good. I think GRT is happier building his mods. One of the best out there. CJ has always had a really good car, he just got stuck in his feeling he didn't need or want change. I think he wants to come back and show people he still has it. So far he is moving in the right direction. After all the copies of the xr-1's and longhorns get on track the cycle will go around again.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-07-2017, 05:10 PM
I've seen Schlenk win the the Rayburn a lot this year, Steve Casebolt won in a mastersbilt this year. Grt's I haven't seen anyone win in one this year, but like mentioned above they are geared more towards the modifieds. I feel any chassis is good with the right setup and good driver.

Zonks32x
09-07-2017, 06:35 PM
shocks, tires, power plant, chassis, luck...

ready2rd
09-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Its Not The Machine Its The Man Who Drives It

Snake X3
09-07-2017, 08:13 PM
I had done a comparison of chassis and the results for the Dream. There really isn't a lot of difference in the results by chassis. IMO it's the money you have to spend and more importantly, the guys you have turning the wrenches and building the shocks.