PDA

View Full Version : Right Front brake caliper

FourDeepInTheFluff
09-10-2017, 07:50 PM
I recently read where a few cars at Boone were told they couldnt run a brake caliper in the front on their right front corner. Can anyone provide a picture of how this is setup as I would imagine the caliper would not bolt on directly because of the front end steering components. Would it be mounted towards the bottom? Like underneath the spindle/steering arm? and what is the purpose for this?

Racer96m
09-11-2017, 01:37 PM
ELITE Chassis cars mount the RF Caliper in front, Its done to mount the RF shock on the back side of lower control arm. The Caliper placement has no effect on brakes because the Brake is turned off. Wehrs Machine makes the bracket to mount it in front.

Dave

Metric Front Pinto Caliper Mount
WM303F METRIC FRONT PINTO CALIPER MOUNT $55.00

nathan12
09-11-2017, 01:42 PM
what is the benefit of locating shock like that?

Racer96m
09-12-2017, 07:46 AM
what is the benefit of locating shock like that?

Well, if there isnt enough room to run it through the A arm, its got to go somewhere. I moved my shock forward of the arm, but I use my RF Brake. Hoffman never uses his RF Brake so he put his behind where its more protected and hangs the caliper out front because UMP says it has to be there.

Dave

nathan12
09-12-2017, 09:22 AM
okay thats true never thought about it like that

zeroracing
09-12-2017, 07:53 PM
With the camber many guys run today in the mods the shock needs to move forward, back or a special upper needs made. If you move it backward the caliper can hit the shock body really easy, so you move the caliper to the front, if you move the shock to the front it can take more of a beating from random debris. Goal is to keep from denting the shock body on hike up.