PDA

View Full Version : Deep fried 75 at duck River payout

MI Dirt Fan
09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
Looks pretty good through out the field.

upaginit in North GA
09-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Why is Duck River having this race the same weekend as Lucas Oil visits Dixie and Rome? That is crazy.

B_K
09-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Wont effect Rome as the Duck is Friday/Saturday. I found the scheduling a little odd.

Chris Thomason
09-13-2017, 09:08 PM
That payout does seem pretty good. It almost seems like they are not interested in having Lucas touring guys there. Deep Fried was over the dtwc last year. I thought that was crazy even with it being different regions of the country but this takes the cake. I plan to go support duck river and lucas at rome...maybe drrp will get Moyer, Shirley, Overton, Marlar, and the WoO guys...

MI Dirt Fan
09-13-2017, 09:39 PM
I'd rather see a good paying show with a payout like this against a national touring series. The locals and smaller regional guys have a good chance at taking home some good money.

Overton isn't racing this weekend. One of thier crew guys is getting married.

Chris Thomason
09-13-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd rather see a good paying show with a payout like this against a national touring series. The locals and smaller regional guys have a good chance at taking home some good money.

Overton isn't racing this weekend. One of thier crew guys is getting married.

You're mist definitely right about a smaller team having a good shot.

Its a stale weekend down this way anyway. Other than Knoxville, I dont know of a race to intrest 116 this weekend... guess I will watch a pavement modified race in Huntsville. Yeah... its that bad

a25rjr
09-13-2017, 10:03 PM
. guess I will watch a pavement modified race in Huntsville. Yeah... its that bad

Pavement?....surely thou jest!

One of my best friends who is a pavement go karter and modified racer, asked me to go to New Smyrna during Speedweeks. I said...yeah, I'll go..if I can bring my mattress in the stands and take a nap! He proceeded to shoot me the bird and changed the subject (no, I didn"t go)..LOL

upaginit in North GA
09-14-2017, 07:02 AM
I know it won't affect Rome, but I feel certain that several drivers at Dixie and Rome would have went to Duck River. It would have been nice to be able to see both races. Duck River used to schedule this race the same weekend as the Gobbler, now they move it to the Lucas Oil weekend at Dixie and Rome. Strange move for promoter.

LMNED10
09-14-2017, 10:36 AM
many times the locals or regional guys put a better show I can tell you a purse like this is going to attract some big money teams, mainly those not running Lucas and it will run some of the locals off as they feel they have no chance of running against those drivers. That is why I like going to regional series races were the payoff will keep the big teams out and let the local drivers have a chance at a better payday. Look at what happened as SAS at Magnolia local driver wins gets a good payday, if it was a high dollar purse a lot of those guys might have not been there as the money teams would have taken over.

dirtdobber45
09-14-2017, 12:10 PM
Think of it this way... we all have talked about how locals and regional teams are struggling with keeping their 'doors open' this is one to do that. Be nice if there were more tracks that would do that.

LMNED10
09-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Think of it this way... we all have talked about how locals and regional teams are struggling with keeping their 'doors open' this is one to do that. Be nice if there were more tracks that would do that. It would be nice if all tracks in the south could do this, but it is not feasible for them, this purse is over $58,000 for supers at a race tack that does not run supers on a weekly basis. Now yes they have WOO and Lucas at Duck River, but that helps the money teams and satisfies a track owners ego, this race is a money team race, I have done seen were Billy Moyer Jr is coming that is the first of money teams that will come. I am saying tracks especially in the south that are not running supers every week (and that is almost all of them) should look at more touring deals with good paying purses to help the locals out. Regional touring deal pay just enough to keep the big money teams out, yet good enough for the locals to race on and survive. This is were super racing is heading in the south, sanctioned events one day shows with regional tours, this race at Duck River is a 3 day deal with basically the same purse as a Lucas or WOO one day show, just let that sink in!

Late_Model_Mark
09-16-2017, 11:37 AM
I plan on going to Duck River for this race. A couple of reasons, been to Dixie for the Lucas races a lot, haven't been to the Duck in 3 years, have a weekend off from Talladega, and taking a newbie to the Duck. Took him to the Mag for the CP100 last year, need to show him some high-banked bullring action. The Duck will have a very good field for the well paying feature. Plus I can get me some lotto tickets and powerball!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

castone
09-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Just seen on Duckriverracewaypark.com - $500.00 fast time award for Supers at Deep Fried 75 Event!

castone
09-21-2017, 02:50 PM
And also $250.00 fast time award in Crates Friday Night the 29th - at Deep Fried