PDA

View Full Version : Angry Landers?

LM1
09-14-2017, 11:40 PM
Why was Jared so upset after the feature tonight? He has come a long ways since he started and it's great to see him do good but it's sure hard to get behind a guy that can't control his emotions. He lost a great ride because of that. On the video after the race it looked like he was upset with Richards, the Best guys were trying to congratulate him and he wouldn't even acknowledge them at first. He could hardly pay attention for the DoD interview...weird.

onlyfacts
09-15-2017, 01:45 AM
Nothing surprises me with Landers... He needs some anger management classes.

zyoung25
09-15-2017, 02:41 AM
I'm sure a few remember Landers admitted he tried taking Richards at last years dream.

There has been some strange friction between those two for last year or so though.

Barbecueboy
09-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Nothing surprises me with Landers... He needs some anger management classes.

Nothing a short right hook can't correct.........he will get angry with the wrong person one day.

ThebigE
09-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Spoiled brat.............

TS FAN
09-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Racing looked clean to me

davis2902
09-15-2017, 11:27 AM
I watched the video and never saw what you are talking about. He was thankful to Moring and Stuckey and even congratulated Josh on the win in the write up. Only thing he seem upset about was his brakes fading.

TS FAN
09-15-2017, 11:33 AM
I just saw that and you are absolutely correct.

Mantis
09-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Article on DoD said it was an issue at the scales between Jared and Mark over Josh and the Best car weighing incorrectly.

LM1
09-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Davis2902 - the video I was talking about was on the DoD PPV. As another person eluded to, it was something that happened at the scales I guess because during the post race interview on the PPV Landers was steaming mad, gesturing with his arms and seemed upset.

JustAddDirt
09-15-2017, 03:17 PM
He is the poster child for ADHD.(SQUIRREL)
Hard to carry on a conversation with him. Every interview (LOOK SQUIRREL) I have ever seen of him he is all over the place. (SQUIRREL OVER THERE) a lot like he drives at times.
not discounting his accomplishments (LOOK THAT SQUIRREL AGAIN) in the sport. he can drive,
a lot like Cole Trickle. Beyond (SQUIRREL) the limits of the tires, car, and the engine.
If he would listen to Bloomquist he would hardly ever (SQUIRREL AGAIN) loose a race.

I know I will hear from the PC police on this post, but I also have ADHD, but I am on meds for it.

Krooser
09-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Gotta put my glasses on... I thought this was about Ann Landers...

slmcrewchief99
09-15-2017, 05:26 PM
This is what I was told. Pretty reliably source from an insider. Hopefully I'm not going to get thrown under the bus for telling this or get banned again. I was told that Landers was right behind Josh at the scales. He was close enough to read the scale when Josh was on them. The scale read 2100 and whomever was reading them gave Josh the "thumbs up" to pull off. That's what the issue is. Landers was questioning why the ok. He at least wanted Josh to go back to the end of the line of cars and get weighed again. That's when words got heated between him and Mark. As far as I know Josh didn't cross them again. Now that I have said this I'm sure to get some hate mail. Just don't shoot the messenger yall. This is what I was told.

Clayton_Wetter
09-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Gotta put my glasses on... I thought this was about Ann Landers...

She died 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

racingfool32
09-15-2017, 05:43 PM
This is what I was told. Pretty reliably source from an insider. Hopefully I'm not going to get thrown under the bus for telling this or get banned again. I was told that Landers was right behind Josh at the scales. He was close enough to read the scale when Josh was on them. The scale read 2100 and whomever was reading them gave Josh the "thumbs up" to pull off. That's what the issue is. Landers was questioning why the ok. He at least wanted Josh to go back to the end of the line of cars and get weighed again. That's when words got heated between him and Mark. As far as I know Josh didn't cross them again. Now that I have said this I'm sure to get some hate mail. Just don't shoot the messenger yall. This is what I was told.

Maybe there was a money handshake before he pulled on the scales.

Necrosis
09-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Nothing a short right hook can't correct.........he will get angry with the wrong person one day.While I agree that works.... Landers is that "wrong guy". Ain't no way I'd ever scrap with him.

Kwd1253
09-15-2017, 08:25 PM

You would think DoD or someone would have video of the scales special big event like knoxville nationals. No video prove if Josh wasn't or was. if Josh was not light and Jarred said something. They should made Josh run it back on the scale, just to prove it. I know if i made weight , i wouldnt had no problem going back over the scale. Also it kind does make it look like josh was. If mark started argue about it, I know Josh his son and ect. That is not his team he shouldn't been the one arguing about it. Kind like a guilty thing to do.

Man I could see the drama if someone did release a video of Josh being light last night. Officials and Lucas would look really bad.

TheJet-09
09-15-2017, 08:34 PM
I'm not at all familiar with Knoxville's scale, but who has ever seen a distinct, steady number when scaling? Especially from a car back. Any scale I've pulled onto bounces around, and once the operator sees a number higher than 2350, gives you the thumbs up.

I obviously wasn't there either, so who knows. I guess that's the genius behind Eldora's green light at the scale. Lets the crowd in on it too.

President Clinton
09-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Read the DOD article and it says the lightweight was what started the misunderstanding. I will never take up for Landers, but he was right for once! Never thought I would say that

a25rjr
09-15-2017, 08:45 PM
They must have the same calibration scale guy as .....Eldora!

ptown
09-15-2017, 09:40 PM
You would think DoD or someone would have video of the scales special big event like knoxville nationals.
Man I could see the drama if someone did release a video of Josh being light last night. Officials and Lucas would look really bad.

As along time subscriber I can tell you DOD doesn't do drama, positive vanilla coverage only from those boys.

Barbecueboy
09-15-2017, 10:47 PM
While I agree that works.... Landers is that "wrong guy". Ain't no way I'd ever scrap with him.

There is always someone badder.....always.

Chuck Norris and Leroy brown excluded..but I get what your saying, landers tougher than 2 dollar steak.

Kwd1253
09-16-2017, 06:00 AM
As along time subscriber I can tell you DOD doesn't do drama, positive vanilla coverage only from those boys.

I know DoD dont do drama. DoD one of few media that dont use drama to sell to get people to join their site.

Just that I would figure someone would got video of it. With everyone with smart phones and what not.

a25rjr
09-16-2017, 09:23 AM
There is always someone badder.....always.

Chuck Norris and Leroy brown excluded..but I get what your saying, landers tougher than 2 dollar steak.

Can't we add Mr. Roberts to the list?

Highside Hustler25
09-16-2017, 12:22 PM
While I agree that works.... Landers is that "wrong guy". Ain't no way I'd ever scrap with him.

lol:Dget serious

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 07:07 AM
He is the poster child for ADHD.(SQUIRREL)
Hard to carry on a conversation with him. Every interview (LOOK SQUIRREL) I have ever seen of him he is all over the place. (SQUIRREL OVER THERE) a lot like he drives at times.
not discounting his accomplishments (LOOK THAT SQUIRREL AGAIN) in the sport. he can drive,
a lot like Cole Trickle. Beyond (SQUIRREL) the limits of the tires, car, and the engine.
If he would listen to Bloomquist he would hardly ever (SQUIRREL AGAIN) loose a race.

I know I will hear from the PC police on this post, but I also have ADHD, but I am on meds for it.
Yea, I got ADD too but your squirrel joke was funny to me. I don't take the Medes, but then again doctor never offered and I wasn't diagnosed till I was 21, just labeled day dreamer before that. Im sure being congratulated for 2nd by a team light at the scales would pi$$ me off too, that and Mark does a good job at pi$$ing folks off with his arrogance.

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Can't we add Mr. Roberts to the list?

I would. I was never so proud as when Casey clocked his smug a$$.

nuff said
09-17-2017, 09:45 AM
I would. I was never so proud as when Casey clocked his smug a$$.

It made a difference,he has toned done some since that.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Landers can freakin drive. Since his time with the Bloomer circus, he has been much better, and kept the car under him. Shame he had the falling out with his Dad and that injury.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 11:56 AM
I would. I was never so proud as when Casey clocked his smug a$$.While I 100% agree Casey had to do something, because for whatever reason Josh was driving him dirty on more than one occasion. I've met him more than once, and he has always been a cool guy, not smug or arrogant as I thought he'd be. He'd carry on a conversation, actually talk to you, look at you. Now this year at Eldora, I dunno where he was. Then again, a lot of them were hiding.

onlyfacts
09-17-2017, 02:13 PM
I would. I was never so proud as when Casey clocked his smug a$$.When did this happen? I remember Casey crashing him at east bay about 10 years ago but never "clocking him".

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 07:43 PM
When did this happen? I remember Casey crashing him at east bay about 10 years ago but never "clocking him".Casey Roberts. Josh gave him the eight for four deal at Screven for a win, and turned around about a month or two later, not real sure when Fayetteville was, and turned him on the backstretch. I know Josh can be aggressive, but I've never really seen him be blatantly dirty. And both of these were blatantly dirty, the second one, turning a guy at full speed going down the backstretch, just crazy. After that one, Casey had enough and punched him. I've heard he straight up did it as he should have, man to man, and I've heard he kinda suckered him, either way, message was delivered, deserved, and received.

onlyfacts
09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Casey Roberts. Josh gave him the eight for four deal at Screven for a win, and turned around about a month or two later, not real sure when Fayetteville was, and turned him on the backstretch. I know Josh can be aggressive, but I've never really seen him be blatantly dirty. And both of these were blatantly dirty, the second one, turning a guy at full speed going down the backstretch, just crazy. After that one, Casey had enough and punched him. I've heard he straight up did it as he should have, man to man, and I've heard he kinda suckered him, either way, message was delivered, deserved, and received.You have your stories mixed with fact and fiction.. Roberts and Josh did have issues at Screven and again at Friendship NC that's where Roberts did sucker punch Josh... my Question was in reference to Terry Casey at East Bay 8-10 years ago. I don't remember any Physical Contact. I think I got Terry Casey and Casey Roberts mixed up... my misunderstanding.

Senroc-Systems
09-18-2017, 04:40 AM
I was at East Bay for the Terry Casey incident. When it happened, fans with a pit pass rushed the pit gate and we're denied entrance! It's the only time I've ever seen that happen in person! It was wild! That incident was one the greatest doses of stupidity I've ever seen at the races, and I've seen a few. It ranks right up there with Freddy Smith going the wrong way on the track, to spear Bloomquist, at WVMS, and Bill Frye trying to put his car in the driver's window of Bloomquist's car, on the frontstretch at Eldora!

Ahhh, those were the days! Lol!

chupp n bloomer fan
09-18-2017, 04:57 AM
You have your stories mixed with fact and fiction.. Roberts and Josh did have issues at Screven and again at Friendship NC that's where Roberts did sucker punch Josh... my Question was in reference to Terry Casey at East Bay 8-10 years ago. I don't remember any Physical Contact. I think I got Terry Casey and Casey Roberts mixed up... my misunderstanding.The only thing mixed up was the racetrack. I'm a Josh Richards fan, but when a guy does someone dirty twice in a few months, you deserve a knuckle sandwich. No fiction, fact.

Kwd1253
09-18-2017, 06:58 AM
The only thing mixed up was the racetrack. I'm a Josh Richards fan, but when a guy does someone dirty twice in a few months, you deserve a knuckle sandwich. No fiction, fact.

That was a hot topic when that happened. Lot threads was made and got deleted shortly after someone would make on about it. Lot got people got ban from that topic also.
Think Josh learn for that experience, havnt see him door slam another driver since then.

nuff said
09-18-2017, 07:58 AM
We are hijacking the Landers thread,but those incidents with Richards sold Casey and Roberts a lot of shirts.

Highside Hustler25
09-18-2017, 12:31 PM
You have your stories mixed with fact and fiction.. Roberts and Josh did have issues at Screven and again at Friendship NC that's where Roberts did sucker punch Josh... my Question was in reference to Terry Casey at East Bay 8-10 years ago. I don't remember any Physical Contact. I think I got Terry Casey and Casey Roberts mixed up... my misunderstanding.

Is this the same Roberts that praises all glory to the almighty Jesus every time a microphone is within reach:confused:or the one that punches out his competitor for some on track contact??? I get the two mixed up.