PDA

View Full Version : A Vintage Mod VS Late Model Race.

Clayton_Wetter
09-16-2017, 07:12 PM
I watched this and at the end had an opinion. What do you think??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRl7YmEk5YM

ptown
09-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Track was garbage and when the late model was finally making the pass the mod turned into him and spun him out.

Josh Bayko
09-16-2017, 07:24 PM
It's a crate late model. They run crates at that craphole.

Clayton_Wetter
09-16-2017, 07:44 PM
It's a crate late model. They run crates at that craphole.

Oh I see. That track is not up to par for sure. No wonder even a crate was having trouble passing that Vintage. lol

And yes that Mod guy was dirty.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 12:44 AM
Oh I see. That track is not up to par for sure. No wonder even a crate was having trouble passing that Vintage. lol

And yes that Mod guy was dirty.(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in turned him, somewhere fast and that coulda been ugly. Was simply a match race, and guy treated it like Super Dirt Week 1985.

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 06:31 AM
I watched this and at the end had an opinion. What do you think??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRl7YmEk5YM

Big block power rules!

Josh Bayko
09-17-2017, 08:51 AM

And yes that Mod guy was dirty.

That track would be better suited to stuff like micro sprints and mod lites instead of full size cars. It's way too narrow.

Krooser
09-17-2017, 09:02 AM
We ran King of the Hill races at Capital pitting a sprint or super mod against a late model... always had a drivers meeting so the guys understood it was a "staged" publicity deal... the open wheel car would dust the lm on the pavement.

In 1983 we had two lay down Watson Indy roadsters come to our October Nationals... bad fast.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Big block power rules!Ya miss the part where the guy turned him into the wall during a simple match race?

Josh Bayko
09-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Big block power rules!

Go look at the other video where legit modern big/small block mods took on legit super late models. Late models win that one pretty handily. They have just as much motor, better tires, better aerodynamics, better handling, and weigh 200 lbs. less than a mod. They should win those match races.

Bubstr
09-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Since Knoxville just ran, I remember going to my first Nationals and there was Mods Super Mods and Sprint cars, all running what you brung. There was a blown fuel hemi Sprint car there. He gained 5 car lengths on the strait and lost them in the corner, then some. Winged Super mods too. A Sprint ar won. 1962

Bywr
01-26-2018, 08:04 AM
I dont think the mod took him put on purpose, you can see he looses the back end and hooks the crate. As far as racing hard they went out to put on a show and thats what they did. Also thats no big block, that is a 320 small block.

dirtcrazy4u
01-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Nobody took anybody out. It's racing. It's a dirt track. The mod was crossed up coming out of the corner and when the car took a bite, they hit. You guys think this is asphalt racing ? Go watch nasgarbage.

chupp n bloomer fan
01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Nobody took anybody out. It's racing. It's a dirt track. The mod was crossed up coming out of the corner and when the car took a bite, they hit. You guys think this is asphalt racing ? Go watch nasgarbage.The rest of us were watching a different race, you’ll have to excuse us.

Then again, this is from a year ago or better.