PDA

View Full Version : Ross Bailes

dirtdobber45
09-17-2017, 01:11 AM
Congrats to Ross and Barry winning 20k at VMS tonight.

vadirtfan
09-17-2017, 01:14 AM
The car was on rails! He lapped all the way up to 8th.

#FALSuperman
09-17-2017, 01:19 AM
Fergy finished 2nd, as well.

dirtcrazy4u
09-17-2017, 05:21 AM
Wasn't this a fastrack show. Huh, house car shows up and takes all the low budget crate racers chance of winning. Yea, your going to have to fight to get cars next year. On rails, what did you expect ? A local crate guy with a older car to win ? I don't think they should have been there. I think someone started the term. Cherry picking !

RW57
09-17-2017, 05:39 AM
This is why crate racing has never worked never will i understand both sides i don't know the answer perhaps no one does but it's not fair to the guys who have ran the series all year for this to happen perhaps if you don't run all year and win you win 15 grand other 5 spread out through the field just a thought.

adamconners
09-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Wasn't this a fastrack show. Huh, house car shows up and takes all the low budget crate racers chance of winning. Yea, your going to have to fight to get cars next year. On rails, what did you expect ? A local crate guy with a older car to win ? I don't think they should have been there. I think someone started the term. Cherry picking !Not "just" a fasktrak show. Had guys like Chris Ferguson, Devin Moran, Ross obviously, Zach Dohm, Jacob Hawkins, Rambo, Austin Hubbard, Kenny Moreland, Walker Arthur just to name a few.

adamconners
09-17-2017, 05:59 AM
This is why crate racing has never worked never will i understand both sides i don't know the answer perhaps no one does but it's not fair to the guys who have ran the series all year for this to happen perhaps if you don't run all year and win you win 15 grand other 5 spread out through the field just a thought.They raced Friday night for 5,000 and that was for Fastrak members only.

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Congrats to Ross and Barry winning 20k at VMS tonight.

He must be a helluva driver to carry that barely right on his back like that. The snowflake friends must be livid. Shame on them stealing money from children and the underprivileged like that, crates are for poor folk who have no foods or shoes. Wonder why they call it the "Pro late model series"?

johnE
09-17-2017, 09:06 AM
If they held an auction after the race, what would that GM Crate engine sell for?

Is there a claim rule?

Congrats to Ross and Barry.

dirtcrazy4u
09-17-2017, 10:01 AM
If as you say all those slm drivers were there. Which I do not doubt you, why in the heck would a guy with that runs with his other crate buddies and usually finishes 3 to say 8th place on a regular deal even think about racing against the drivers mentioned above. Those guys are taking cars they race in woo and Lucas and dropping a crate motor in and taking the top spots. So why advertise the race ? Fastrack and RUSH both are not in this deal for racers. There in it to make money. It's not the racers fault, I blame it on the promotors who refuse to come up with a standardized set of rules so I guy can go from Ga. or Pa. to VMS and race. It would also end the rein of both organizations. Bye, Bye.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 10:19 AM
He must be a helluva driver to carry that barely right on his back like that. The snowflake friends must be livid. Shame on them stealing money from children and the underprivileged like that, crates are for poor folk who have no foods or shoes. Wonder why they call it the "Pro late model series"?It was a crate race, just saying.

And crate racing was made for your perceived snowflakes. Everyone supposedly equal with equal parts. So all those there inevitably bought into the snowflake equal playing field deal. Though it's all bs, they spend a ton of money in other places saving whatever weight they can etc.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 10:22 AM
which paid 20k just sayingWho gives a sh!t, it's crates on a half mile Litey, the pure definition of boring.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-17-2017, 10:32 AM
MUST BE, BUT THEY HAD 71 CARS i WOULDN'T SAY BORING THOUGH SEEN THE B MODS THIS WEEKEND REPLACEMENT OF THE CRATE LATES AND THEY WERE ENTERTAINING, WITH 5 CLASSES LAST NIGHT HAD LESS YELLOWS THEN THE LUCAS DID IN KNOXVILLE AND NO FUEL STOPS LMAO GUEL STOPS AT A SHORT TRACK THAT CRACKS ME UPOuch, caps lock, sh!ts getting serious now;). You stick with the crates then Litey, they are more your speed anyway. Bout time for you to be shown the door again anyhow.

dirtdobber45
09-17-2017, 01:31 PM
I believe it shows that the ICON chassis is pretty good whether be a crate or open motor in it. Not tryn to stir chit just saying to all the na-sayers that Barry does build a good piece.

dirtdobber45
09-17-2017, 01:32 PM
It was a crate race, just saying.And crate racing was made for your perceived snowflakes. Everyone supposedly equal with equal parts. So all those there inevitably bought into the snowflake equal playing field deal. Though it's all bs, they spend a ton of money in other places saving whatever weight they can etc.Well said ^^^^^^

tsand
09-17-2017, 02:19 PM
The top 3 motors were torn down to bare blocks. Every single thing was checked and weighted. Ross has ran just as many if not more crate races than supers this year.

RW57
09-17-2017, 02:33 PM
I thought he did run a bunch of crate races but it's still a problem the promoters are in it to make money I will give you a quick example . Rome Speedway had a 525 series race paying 10.000 to win get in line to get my pit pass it's 40$$.WTF lower classes got no extra money so why should we have to pay the extra. As they were calling for us track Packers to come out I told several people we all should set.there till we got our 5.00$ back or extra purse money without us they have no show because the late models sure as hell ain't gonna do it Its been 2 weeks and I am still pissed about it. Pay extra money but make dam sure it ain't coming out of their pocket.

Josh Bayko
09-17-2017, 02:38 PM
It was a crate race, just saying.

And crate racing was made for your perceived snowflakes. Everyone supposedly equal with equal parts. So all those there inevitably bought into the snowflake equal playing field deal. Though it's all bs, they spend a ton of money in other places saving whatever weight they can etc.

Dude, that's clearly Centeroff or some other troll who was future endeavored at some point. Responding is exactly what he wants. Best to leave him alone to his idiocy.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2017, 02:42 PM
This is why crate racing has never worked never will i understand both sides i don't know the answer perhaps no one does but it's not fair to the guys who have ran the series all year for this to happen perhaps if you don't run all year and win you win 15 grand other 5 spread out through the field just a thought.

At one time, the big shows were only for the drivers that supported the series. No ringers allowed. But, allowing ringers sells more tickets. Or so the opinion goes.

tsand
09-17-2017, 03:19 PM
Fastrak tried limiting the big race to cars that supported the series. I think last time they had less than 30 cars. Hard to pay that kind of purse with that few of cars last night 71 cars

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 03:47 PM
I believe it shows that the ICON chassis is pretty good whether be a crate or open motor in it. Not tryn to stir chit just saying to all the na-sayers that Barry does build a good piece.

Well said. And whoever said crates on a 1/2 is definition of boring is spot on too. The whole crate idea was a farce coming out of the gate, intended to strip limited and super of there cars and line their pockets, which it did. A "racesaver" payout structure would probably make it more hobby oriented instead of "PRO" series masquerading as something else. Congrats to Ross and BWRC on the win.

President Clinton
09-17-2017, 03:57 PM
When the crate craze started it was no driver that had won a race of 5 or 10k??? I can't remember??? Stan started with the budget racer in mind...... but as always happens, everyone gets blinded by all the $$$$$ that can be made.

Highwayman
09-17-2017, 04:06 PM
When the crate craze started it was no driver that had won a race of 5 or 10k??? I can't remember??? Stan started with the budget racer in mind...... but as always happens, everyone gets blinded by all the $$$$$ that can be made.

No, just no. I live and race in Stan's back yard and right out of the gate they had purses equal to super on the tour and weekly purses almost equal as well. For those with less funding it was a no brainer to drop in a crate and run for the same money. Limited had no chance at all either because in most cases it paid more to run crate. The tracks in my area as early as 2006 were paying $800 to win weekly crate show.

President Clinton
09-17-2017, 04:19 PM
No, just no. I live and race in Stan's back yard and right out of the gate they had purses equal to super on the tour and weekly purses almost equal as well. For those with less funding it was a no brainer to drop in a crate and run for the same money. Limited had no chance at all either because in most cases it paid more to run crate. The tracks in my area as early as 2006 were paying $800 to win weekly crate show.

I can guarantee you in the beginning no driver that had won a big race (5 to 10k) was to race the series races!!!! Ask Stan himself what he said his plan was back then. It changed, I understand business is business. After the corporate $$$$ came you had to have the star power. I don't blame anyone but that is how it got them where it is.

a25rjr
09-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Fastrak tried limiting the big race to cars that supported the series. I think last time they had less than 30 cars. Hard to pay that kind of purse with that few of cars last night 71 cars

If the pic on dod is indicative of the crowd size, the promoter lost his rear!

http://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire.php?id=3161

tsand
09-18-2017, 02:40 AM
If the pic on dod is indicative of the crowd size, the promoter lost his rear!

http://www.dirtondirt.com/racewire.php?id=3161
Virginia speedway is one of the best tracks in the country at marketing the race and having national sponsors for their races. They have never had large crowds for any race ive attended there, I was told the purse was covered before the first ticket is sold.

nc mudcat
09-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Pay big money, the big guys come. The answer is not how to keep out the big guys, it is to stop paying the big money. Look, crates were to be a way to race on a budget. If that remains the theme, then no race should pay more than $3000 to win, maybe $5000 for the season finale. Keep it lower paying, the smaller guys you are (supposedly) targeting will come because they have a chance to win.

Same crap happened to go-kart racing. When I ran them 30 years ago, we ran for peanuts. $10 entry fee, 20% went to the track, 80% to the purse. It took 20 karts to gain $160 purse, winner got $80. There were karts everywhere! Now there are $1000-to-win races everywhere drawing crowds, while the small tracks and racers suffer. Same thing with the crates now. Sad, and just my opinion.

Highwayman
09-18-2017, 10:23 AM
It was a crate race, just saying.

You got that right.

Highwayman
09-18-2017, 10:43 AM
I can guarantee you in the beginning no driver that had won a big race (5 to 10k) was to race the series races!!!! Ask Stan himself what he said his plan was back then. It changed, I understand business is business. After the corporate $$$$ came you had to have the star power. I don't blame anyone but that is how it got them where it is.

Stan can say whatever he wants, free speech and all that, but he single handily hulled out what was left of Super and Limited to create his beast. I remember him coming by the shop with his crate sales pitch, the team I was with at the time hadn't quit, we were active in Limited and Super every week at 2 tracks, but he came looking for us to run with him. This was before his first race had ever been run. He sold it as getting guys back racing that had quit due to the engine cost. I don't know or remember a single racer, who had quit, coming back to run crates. ZERO. Business is business, what a cop out. He couldn't sell veggies so he opted for crack. A corporate whore.

Barbecueboy
09-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Stan can say whatever he wants, free speech and all that, but he single handily hulled out what was left of Super and Limited to create his beast. I remember him coming by the shop with his crate sales pitch, the team I was with at the time hadn't quit, we were active in Limited and Super every week at 2 tracks, but he came looking for us to run with him. This was before his first race had ever been run. He sold it as getting guys back racing that had quit due to the engine cost. I don't know or remember a single racer, who had quit, coming back to run crates. ZERO. Business is business, what a cop out. He couldn't sell veggies so he opted for crack. A corporate whore.

Crack wouldn't sell if certain people didn't think it was great............just sayin.

jog49
09-18-2017, 03:44 PM
The person complaining about $40 for a pit pass to a $10,000 race really can't afford to go to these sort of races.

President Clinton
09-18-2017, 07:46 PM
The person complaining about $40 for a pit pass to a $10,000 race really can't afford to go to these sort of races.

Then racing is in sad shape!!!!!!

a25rjr
09-18-2017, 09:14 PM

Exactly.........it AINT a poor mans sport, fan or racer!

jog49
09-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Race promoters don't live paycheck to paycheck. If they did, they would be out of business sooner rather than later.
Property taxes, track rent (if renting), equipment maintenance, liability/event insurance, power bills, personnel pay, advertising, facility upkeep. purses, and on and on and on and on.
Somebody has got to pay for all these services. The promoter can't provide you free entertainment unless he's the emperor of the Roman Empire at the old Colosseum. $40 to be in a higher liability area of the track for sometimes as much as 10 hours is hardly unreasonable.

Duke100
09-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Pay big money, the big guys come. The answer is not how to keep out the big guys, it is to stop paying the big money. Look, crates were to be a way to race on a budget. If that remains the theme, then no race should pay more than $3000 to win, maybe $5000 for the season finale. Keep it lower paying, the smaller guys you are (supposedly) targeting will come because they have a chance to win.Same crap happened to go-kart racing. When I ran them 30 years ago, we ran for peanuts. $10 entry fee, 20% went to the track, 80% to the purse. It took 20 karts to gain $160 purse, winner got $80. There were karts everywhere! Now there are $1000-to-win races everywhere drawing crowds, while the small tracks and racers suffer. Same thing with the crates now. Sad, and just my opinion.Miller High Life Grand Prix of Karting at "Quincy In The Park" paid $10,000 to win in 1980. It was won by Scott Pruett, who ended up in Indy Car and NASCAR. I don't think they run for that much anymore. Just sayin.

tsand
09-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Miller High Life Grand Prix of Karting at "Quincy In The Park" paid $10,000 to win in 1980. It was won by Scott Pruett, who ended up in Indy Car and NASCAR. I don't think they run for that much anymore. Just sayin.
Karts ran for 100,000 at pondarosa. A couple years ago . 10,000 to win is common now days. A guy in my hometown won a 150 grand in one month and over 250 grand for the year. The other week cherokee paid 5000 for superlate models five mile up the road the kart track paid 10 grand for 3 different division.they said they had over 400 karts.

RW57
09-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Hey (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s I bust my butt to go race it takes every dime I can scrape up to race at least I got a car do you you don't know squat about me.it cost me about 200$ that nite and I only had to pull about 15 miles to the track .Racers like me and others are why they can have the 10 grand shows without us they have no one to get track ready to race so yea it pisses me off to be took advantage of . I know you gonna respond nobody made you go and your right but I chose too your right racing is in trouble and needs to be fixed you seem to have the answers go for it big boy.RANT OVER 😁😁😁