PDA

View Full Version : Kankakee shutting down and blaming......

ptown
09-18-2017, 05:11 PM
You guessed it, again that evil social media has ruined their reputations and they are shutting the doors on the 2017 season. Here is their drama filled Facebook post.

To all the sponsors, fans and drivers that have supported Kankakee County Speedway in 2017, thank you. Although we have considered 2017 a success, due to relentless controversy throughout social media against Kankakee County Speedway, we have decided to make the difficult decision to shut down for the remainder of the 2017 season. Tom and Dave have decided that it is not in our families best interest to continue with this season. A group of people have put us in a position to make a decision that we did not want to make. Social media IS killing the sport that we love as it causes negative impacts towards the moral of all involved. Sometimes we need to remember the old adage "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

We have put our heart and soul into making Kankakee County Speedway a family friendly, fun place to go on Friday nights but it is painfully obvious no matter how hard we work it just doesn't matter to some. We have put forth an extreme amount of effort to provide the best racing possible but apparently we have not succeeded. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please before you say anything about this post or any other track ask yourself if it's going to do any good or is it going to harm our sport even more. We hope that everyone involved will take this time over the off season to stop and think about their part in what makes racing great or not so great and how to come together again as a family instead of more ways to pick our track apart.

Honestly we are tired. We are tired of the constant complaining, the constant bickering, the constant lack of respect and the constant picking apart of everything we try to do to keep this track open with little to no support of the community. We are just exhausted by all of these things.

Thank you for your support.

We would like to thank all of our great sponsors, Browns Towing, Kankakee A&J Disposal, Court Street Ford, Riverside Medical Center, Miller Hydraulic, Country Chevrolet, QTD, Indulgent Creations, Chris Tippitt, Interstate Batteries, Osterhoff Fence, CED Electric Supply, 121 Graphixs, Smitty's Landscaping & Tree Service, Mater Oil, Poor Boy Resturant, Brammmer Farms and the entire (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts family.

Sincerely,
Dave Whittington
and the entire Kankakee County Speedway staff.

MI Dirt Fan
09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
They have one night left and a fun night. Not much they're cancelling. Don't know the play nor the owners so...

Cardirt0
09-18-2017, 05:22 PM
They are a BIG Joke....... And its there Fault They $uck...

golddirt
09-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Liars! No one talks about kkk anymore. No one cares cause smith killed it.

GEAR_HEAD
09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
They are obviously snowflakes and can't take any criticism without melting down. Every racetrack has an equal chance of success, if the promoter blows it they have nobody to blame but themselves.

TheJet-09
09-18-2017, 06:08 PM
That's too bad. I had planned on going there this Friday because they were "scheduled" to run supers, but then I saw it mysteriously disappeared from the schedule. Now I see why.

golddirt
09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Where is this negative social media? Really I have not read anything what so ever about kkk other than the few up dates that come from people. I take it as only an excuse. May he he could hook up with Mike daughtery. I guess this means the bs starts with the fairboard again, or is he coming back next year.

Cardirt0
09-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Where is this negative social media? Really I have not read anything what so ever about kkk other than the few up dates that come from people. I take it as only an excuse. May he he could hook up with Mike daughtery. I guess this means the bs starts with the fairboard again, or is he coming back next year.

If he comes back next year the place will be Dead for scour...

Highside Hustler25
09-18-2017, 06:52 PM
No dog in this fight but ya hate to see any track shut down at this point.

Clayton_Wetter
09-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Most tracks close this time of year. So they think that don't deserve a public opinion????

tsand
09-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I love it when so someone cries about lack of respect when they done nothing to earn it.

fryefan
09-18-2017, 07:49 PM
You guessed it, again that evil social media has ruined their reputations and they are shutting the doors on the 2017 season. Here is their drama filled Facebook post.

To all the sponsors, fans and drivers that have supported Kankakee County Speedway in 2017, thank you. Although we have considered 2017 a success, due to relentless controversy throughout social media against Kankakee County Speedway, we have decided to make the difficult decision to shut down for the remainder of the 2017 season. Tom and Dave have decided that it is not in our families best interest to continue with this season. A group of people have put us in a position to make a decision that we did not want to make. Social media IS killing the sport that we love as it causes negative impacts towards the moral of all involved. Sometimes we need to remember the old adage "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all".

We have put our heart and soul into making Kankakee County Speedway a family friendly, fun place to go on Friday nights but it is painfully obvious no matter how hard we work it just doesn't matter to some. We have put forth an extreme amount of effort to provide the best racing possible but apparently we have not succeeded. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please before you say anything about this post or any other track ask yourself if it's going to do any good or is it going to harm our sport even more. We hope that everyone involved will take this time over the off season to stop and think about their part in what makes racing great or not so great and how to come together again as a family instead of more ways to pick our track apart.

Honestly we are tired. We are tired of the constant complaining, the constant bickering, the constant lack of respect and the constant picking apart of everything we try to do to keep this track open with little to no support of the community. We are just exhausted by all of these things.

We would like to thank all of our great sponsors, Browns Towing, Kankakee A&J Disposal, Court Street Ford, Riverside Medical Center, Miller Hydraulic, Country Chevrolet, QTD, Indulgent Creations, Chris Tippitt, Interstate Batteries, Osterhoff Fence, CED Electric Supply, 121 Graphixs, Smitty's Landscaping & Tree Service, Mater Oil, Poor Boy Resturant, Brammmer Farms and the entire (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Potts family.

Sincerely,
Dave Whittington

You can be naïve and think it (the social media negativity) doesn't matter, but you would be dead wrong.

dirtcrazy4u
09-18-2017, 07:53 PM
Some see it one way. I see it another. Everyone understands car counts are down everywhere. It is very unfortunate that the track closed. It sounds like they really are only losing a few shows. Presently there just isn't enough cars to go around. So by losing a track someone is going to gain cars. Nobody is a winner on a deal like this but it is what it is and hopefully another track is going to remain open.

GEAR_HEAD
09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Don't give people a reason to complain on social media and there aren't any issues. Typically the complaints are valid. The feedback given on social media is invaluable, it tells you what you need to do to fix your racetrack. Embrace it. The funny thing is promoters never "blame" social media for hugely successful shows. In those cases the promoters take all the credit. Social media is just any easy scapegoat because promoters can't admit that they are clueless.

Barbecueboy
09-18-2017, 08:07 PM
I love it when so someone cries about lack of respect when they done nothing to earn it.

Late summer entry for post of the dam year right there folks.........don't know the backstory, and hate it like everybody that they are shuttering.

But If they are using social media to promote the place, then they can't whine when others use it to voice there opinion of its merits and there experience........bad press is easily discounted by fans and racers if it's just bad press,more often than not when promoters blaim social media for ALL or MOST of their bad press issues its code for " we aren't listening, we don't care , if you don't like it go somewhere else and race.

Everything I've ever heard about the place has been pretty good as far as the actual track and racing goes,hope it gets better for the fans and the racers in that region.....that's who usually suffers on these deals.

On the plus side, it's always cool when a track reopens under a new promoter or just reopens period.

bullring
09-18-2017, 08:10 PM
No reason for any track to try to run Friday nights after school starts

Kwd1253
09-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Don't give people a reason to complain on social media and there aren't any issues. Typically the complaints are valid. The feedback given on social media is invaluable, it tells you what you need to do to fix your racetrack. Embrace it. The funny thing is promoters never "blame" social media for hugely successful shows. In those cases the promoters take all the credit. Social media is just any easy scapegoat because promoters can't admit that they are clueless.

People cry about anything. Just look on this site you see it on weekly basis. You see it this pass week at knoxville, before at Eldora, ECT. People moan just to moan.

Kwd1253
09-18-2017, 08:28 PM
No reason for any track to try to run Friday nights after school starts

I couldnt wait for friday after school go to the track then go to track on sat. But hey I guess that was just me and my friends back then.

Illtsate32
09-18-2017, 08:52 PM
They are obviously snowflakes and can't take any criticism without melting down. Every racetrack has an equal chance of success, if the promoter blows it they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Where is this negative social media? Really I have not read anything what so ever about kkk other than the few up dates that come from people. I take it as only an excuse. May he he could hook up with Mike daughtery. I guess this means the bs starts with the fairboard again, or is he coming back next year.OMG stay off the internet then...to take ur ball and go home? Does Kyle Busch or Floyd Mayweather quit cause if they read all the negative stuff about them theyd prob feel like dying...point is you dont read into it work harder!

formercrewguy
09-18-2017, 09:06 PM

Sincerely,
Dave Whittington

So.............we can assume the owners are SNOWFLAKES......like a few on here are.

Kwd1253
09-18-2017, 09:14 PM
OMG stay off the internet then...to take ur ball and go home? Does Kyle Busch or Floyd Mayweather quit cause if they read all the negative stuff about them theyd prob feel like dying...point is you dont read into it work harder!
Tell you truth that comparing Apple's to oranges. They need haters. Because haters will pay to see if they lose. Track and promoter don't need hate. But if I was looking from track owner, would do the best I could really good racing surface, classes, seating, ECT. But I would give middle finger to the people that complain about every little thing every weekend  like BBQ says "good bbq not cheap", good track with good quality of classes and racing not cheap to go to.

GEAR_HEAD
09-18-2017, 09:38 PM
People cry about anything. Just look on this site you see it on weekly basis. You see it this pass week at knoxville, before at Eldora, ECT. People moan just to moan.

Nobody cares what those people have to say. In all reality you're a complete moron if you don't attend a track based on what people say on social media. It's just another form of fake news. People with a brain attend tracks and form their own opinions, so blaming social media for closing is an idiotic cop-out. Obviously people didn't attend the track because it was poorly managed. There are plenty of other tracks out there that are successful. People would respect them a lot more if they just admit that they failed.

Barbecueboy
09-18-2017, 09:39 PM
So.............we can assume the owners are SNOWFLAKES......like a few on here are.

Brrrrrrrrr.....

Zonks32x
09-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Maybe the Kankakee promotion team can pair up with the Oshkosh team and hold a workshop on how to mis-manage a dirt track. Session 1...how to screw up special events, Session 2...how to screw up track prep, Session 3...feel sorry for us, "we're working so hard," Session 4...how to drive away the paying customer and blame everyone else for it

Duke100
09-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Did Bloomer ever run there? I saw O'neal win a. Summer National there before, and I think Moyer won a 15K there a long time ago.

HoosierDirtFan
09-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Did Bloomer ever run there? I saw O'neal win a. Summer National there before, and I think Moyer won a 15K there a long time ago.

Yes Bloomquist has raced there in the past as well.

golddirt
09-18-2017, 11:30 PM
Bloomer has ran there Moyer and O'Neal have won several times as has babb. One of the best races I ever saw was Roderick memorial early 2000's. Seven drivers fighting for the lead for 75 laps with O'Neal coming out on top. Used to be great racing there every week in all classes. The late model drivers left after smith took over. To be a promoter you need to have people skills and thick skin. By the way that s also when the fans left.

TackyTracker
09-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Mr Whittington u make no sense

Kwd1253
09-19-2017, 01:31 AM
Nobody cares what those people have to say. In all reality you're a complete moron if you don't attend a track based on what people say on social media. It's just another form of fake news. People with a brain attend tracks and form their own opinions, so blaming social media for closing is an idiotic cop-out. Obviously people didn't attend the track because it was poorly managed. There are plenty of other tracks out there that are successful. People would respect them a lot more if they just admit that they failed.

Well 90% of tracks are trash if you look up on 4m search once you start reading what people post on here lol. Just like people bash a track, that never been to the track. "I read it on social media, so I blasted the track too, but never been to the Track." Then you hàve people trying to start their own racing media news feed. they blast tracks just get drama started to get foot traffic to their page to get paid.

Kwd1253
09-19-2017, 01:40 AM

Well 90% of tracks are trash if you look up on 4m search once you start reading what people post on here lol. Just like people bash a track, that never been to the track. "I read it on social media, so I blasted the track too, but never been to the Track." Then you hàve people trying to start their own racing media news feed. they blast tracks just get drama started to get foot traffic to their page to get paid.

Barbecueboy
09-19-2017, 06:54 AM
I'm surprised it lasted this long, this time.

Won't be long now......

fastford
09-19-2017, 07:36 AM
if opinions on social media does not matter , then my question is what happened to this social site ? 10 years ago , there would be over 100 people on here every time you signed on , now there is 40 , people on here complain all the time about trolls and such and there done with this site , whats the difference?

Barbecueboy
09-19-2017, 07:48 AM
if opinions on social media does not matter , then my question is what happened to this social site ? 10 years ago , there would be over 100 people on here every time you signed on , now there is 40 , people on here complain all the time about trolls and such and there done with this site , whats the difference?

This social site has a lot more competition now........couple that with the laugable moderation and the ridiculous off limits favoritism they show to certain posters and sponsors and you have where we are today.

It's a cool site......but other than that, it's just a cool site......it isn't a life changer like some make it out to be.

dangerdann
09-19-2017, 08:36 AM
what i read a couple days ago is they cancelled the ump lates from this Friday show because Peoria is running and there wasnt much interest. but they didnt drop the pit pass price which was $40 but did give a lower price on admission and alotta people were complaining. its a shame i wanted to run the run what ya brung show for fun and i like the track just tough for me to run on Fridays because of work.

dmr37
09-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Quad City Raceway shut down early also. They said it was because of too much drama

golddirt
09-19-2017, 08:54 AM
Most tracks used to be done before Labor Day

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Will use to you had a 1000 or so lates in Ill.. now you have 100sed of lates in Ill.. You now have to fight to get them to your track... You run it like a bunch of Morons you lose....They run it like a bunch of Morons so I cant cry for them... Just hope the next ones run it a lot better....Think KKK will run but it will not be a weekly LM track...Just not enuff cars...

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Macon speedway,,,, have not seen were someone is runnig it next year maybe 2 tracks not open next year KKK and Macon... Bob says its for lease... Hes not running it next year...

Duke100
09-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Anybody got a picture of Bloomquist at Kankakee? I won't believe it until I see it. It must have been the year he ran the Summer Nationals.

CMatich
09-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Was during SummerNationals. We ran some after race practice laps and he asked for a 4 wheeler ride to the front stretch. Good conversation with him.

bullring
09-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Anybody got a picture of Bloomquist at Kankakee? I won't believe it until I see it. It must have been the year he ran the Summer Nationals.

1994 I saw him there

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 11:42 AM

I have seen him run there 3 or 4 times in the old days....He won the 1990 Summer N ..Spent over a Hour looking for Pic

IL LM Fan
09-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Used to bring a camcorder and camera every week during the years the O'Connors were promoting. I know he was there then. He might not have been there while Smitty had the Track, but he has been there.

turnleftandgasit
09-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Would be a shame if Macon closed down. Wouldn't lose any sleep over K3 or FC.

Josh Bayko
09-19-2017, 12:04 PM
Every track gets tons of negative criticism, even the ultra successful tracks. The well run tracks tend to take the small nuggets of truth within that criticsm and attempt to correct the perceived problems. The poorly run tracks don't bother to attempt to fix anything and blame their failures on an "ungrateful" customer base.

MI Dirt Fan
09-19-2017, 12:37 PM
If you go look at the SN history on DoD, you can see Bloomquist was there. Especially during the 2 or 3 yrs he won the SN Championship

Highwayman
09-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Never been there, what sort of track is it and what were the complaints?

MI Dirt Fan
09-19-2017, 01:02 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ETgkbFoBvbA

Highwayman
09-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Just checked out their FB page and 85% of what I read was positive. The 3 complaints that stood out were: 1) late starting 2) wet paint on bleachers ruining clothing and 3) No Bud light The rest seemed appreciative and upbeat. So for what it's worth.

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 01:07 PM

The track is Nice the Guy that runs it .. Would win the biggest nut case if there was a class for it...Tell off Late m drivers.. Do no prep on the track and say shut up and run it...And, And, And the list form him is way to long.....

Highwayman
09-19-2017, 01:10 PM
The track is Nice the Guy that runs it .. Would win the biggest nut case if there was a class for it...Tell off Late m drivers.. Do no prep on the track and say shut up and run it...And, And, And the list form him is way to long.....

Sounds par the course for a dude blaming social media, more like social skills it sounds.

Barbecueboy
09-19-2017, 01:14 PM
When did the owners of 311 start promoting Kankakee???

Sounds all too familiar.

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Sounds par the course for a dude blaming social media, more like social skills it sounds.

Will you got it .. I went and ask if i could park by the pit shack like I use to be for he run it...I Have the Handicap sticker ... I cant walk far.. He goes ..Take your F==king car and go park in the lot or go home....So i went home and never went back....

dirtcrazy4u
09-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Well after seeing all these posts Cardirt0 just released info that in my opinion I hope the guy falls flat on his face. To tell someone that you sir are a pig.

427c.i.
09-19-2017, 03:16 PM
I remember Bloomquist there in the early 90's with a sprint car rearend in the car...was bad fast through the corners for its era. I believe he was there for a Hav-A-Tampa show as well back then. Along with several Summernationals races.

reid boys
09-19-2017, 03:32 PM
I live 30 mins from track it was not ran right. I went most of the time until about a month ago when they took a 30 minute break. Left and got money back. Does anybody remember the first race under this promoters?

golddirt
09-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Last time bloomer was there was the year the sn paid 100,000 roger long beat him in the heat race and in the feature he was about
To get lapped so spun himself out. I also see k3 is looking for a new
Promoter, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word).

gman17
09-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Macon speedway,,,, have not seen were someone is runnig it next year maybe 2 tracks not open next year KKK and Macon... Bob says its for lease... Hes not running it next year...Where did u see this?

Illtsate32
09-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Will you got it .. I went and ask if i could park by the pit shack like I use to be for he run it...I Have the Handicap sticker ... I cant walk far.. He goes ..Take your F==king car and go park in the lot or go home....So i went home and never went back....Dont blame you one bit...should of been respectful and if there was a reason why he didnt want you parking there told you that reason...I hate when a person of privilege or power thinks they owe no explanation its just "cuz I say so!"... and I say f off...

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Dont blame you one bit...should of been respectful and if there was a reason why he didnt want you parking there told you that reason...I hate when a person of privilege or power thinks they owe no explanation its just "cuz I say so!"... and I say f off...
I had been parking there for 2 years and then he went off on me... Hes just a a$$ is all it is....

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Macon speedway,,,, have not seen were someone is runnig it next year maybe 2 tracks not open next year KKK and Macon... Bob says its for lease... Hes not running it next year...Where did u see this?

It was on a DoD story in the spring he said he was doing just to much, and I called him and he said Hes just going to do less...
Call or email the track he will tell you it for lease...

SHOESTRING TRVLR
09-19-2017, 08:00 PM
reid boys, was the first race the one they cancelled because it was to dusty? That was the last time I was there. Hauled butt up there, making a 3 hour drive getting there late, only to see a large cloud of dust and the races getting cancelled before paying to get in.

reid boys
09-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Yes sir. Just got hot laps in and cancelled one of the weirdest cancellation I've been part of.

CIRF
09-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.

Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!

Cardirt0
09-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.

Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!

Go look at the list of Track Champs its a list of whos who in ill

ChrisNunn
09-19-2017, 09:18 PM
May 29th, 2003 I believe was his last appearance at Kankakee, in a UDTRA sanctioned event

TackyTracker
09-20-2017, 01:24 AM
IL still has the best talent out there

golddirt
09-20-2017, 07:27 AM
It would be great to see every Illinois driver that's good show up at Peoria on the 30th. That would make a whale of a race

Duke100
09-20-2017, 07:49 AM
Bloomy most definitely has raced at Kankakee. If you check the results for the 1990 UMP Summernationals it clearly shows that bloomy won the Kankakee SN race on July 22nd. I was at Kankakee that night. The late model I was involved with at that time won the heat race that bloomy was in but we couldn't get the feature win.Back in those days if you beat bloomy, even if it was only in a heat race, it was something to crow about!Still is if it's not an invert race! LOL! Who was driving that car. Other than Volusia 1984, I didn't go to any big shows until 1995 so that's how I missed those. Thanks.

1bbmft
09-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Great track, you can run 3-4 wide, plenty of pit area, great location, you can pull cars from all over northern and central IL and IN. I really feel that Dave tries to do a great track prep but Tom is his own worst enemy. My Dad raced there in the 50's I and my three boys have raced there since 97. Smitty would have been smart a few years ago to just sit somewhere on Friday nights and not be heard from. In 04-07 it was nothing to have 35-40 street stocks, 30-35 4cyl, 25+ Mods, and 20+ LM. I have seen Tom argue with fans in the stands and tell them if they don't like the way he runs things to not come back. He personally jumped in my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) for something I did not do and all he did was point his finger and continue to bitch till I just walked away. I really love the track and hope it doesn't close. I didn't race there last year and only went once this year.

Barbecueboy
09-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Apparently the fans in the stands listened.......

Shiny Side Up 18
09-21-2017, 09:06 PM
So, this was posted earlier... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155739123034204&id=333815279203

ptown
09-21-2017, 09:18 PM
For immediate release,

As we have had time to reflect on our decision, we feel that we have let every one of our fans, drivers and sponsors down. You spoke and we listened. We were overwhelmed by the outcry of response to our notice on Monday in regards to finishing our season early. With many internal discussions and a lot of soul-searching we have decided to reschedule this Friday, September 22nd race to be ran on Friday, September 29th. The formats and payouts will remain as previously advertised. The Run Whatcha Brung and swap meet will also be held on Sunday October 8th as originally scheduled.

We would like to apologize for our actions as a whole. On Wednesday, September 20th Kankakee Speedway officials sat down with the Kankakee County Fair board of directors and discussed what had transpired throughout this week. We came together and all agreed that shutting down for the season was not the correct way to handle the situation. I'll be the first one to admit I got beat down by the negativity and it got the best of me. However it's time to put that aside, get to work and continue to make Kankakee Speedway a fun, friendly and family orientated racing facility. I hope everyone agrees and thank you. #KCS

September 29th
Championship night
Grandstands--$10
Pits--$35

Sincerely,
Dave, Tom and the entire KCS Staff

Cardirt0
09-21-2017, 09:58 PM
First thing he done right the hole time hes run it...

Barbecueboy
09-22-2017, 05:36 AM
I hear they make medicine for this kind of stuff..........

golddirt
09-22-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm guessing they threatened breech of contract, this time I agree with the board but the damage already has been done.wouldnt expect many to show up

ptown
09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
I hear they make medicine for this kind of stuff..........

Those people don't have the social skills to be dealing with the public, time to move on.

dmr37
09-22-2017, 10:23 AM
I had planned to go tonight. next week he may change his mind again and cancel. I'll be at Tri-city for mod mania

Barbecueboy
09-22-2017, 12:11 PM
I'm guessing they threatened breech of contract, this time I agree with the board but the damage already has been done.wouldnt expect many to show up

Exactly what I read in between the lines too........is this the same idiot that was recharging people to get back in the gate when they went out to their car during the race for something?

Or is that another idiot?

jog49
09-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Hard to believe that the promoter listened to and took social media so seriously. What you do in those situations is tell your critics to GFY, provided you pay any attention to them at all.

ptown
09-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Exactly what I read in between the lines too........is this the same idiot that was recharging people to get back in the gate when they went out to their car during the race for something?

Or is that another idiot?

That was Peoria Speedway.

Barbecueboy
09-22-2017, 12:31 PM
I watched a flat track moto race last night from the Peoria ttp I think is what they called it......that was bad a ss.

Barbecueboy
09-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Hard to believe that the promoter listened to and took social media so seriously. What you do in those situations is tell your critics to GFY, provided you pay any attention to them at all.

Kinda disagree if the criticism is warranted and given constructively .....its pretty easy to spot the loose cannons and snowflakes if as a promoter you are paying attention.

Krooser
09-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Who ran K3 in 1981?

CIRF
09-22-2017, 01:11 PM
I watched a flat track moto race last night from the Peoria ttp I think is what they called it......that was bad a ss.BBQB, the motorcycle race you watched was not run on the same track as where the late models, mods and midgets, etc. race. The TT motorcycle race is contested on a track that is owned and operated by the Peoria Motorcycle Club. The PMC boasts the Peoria TT as the longest consecutive running dirt track motorcycle race in the world. I don't doubt their word on it. I live just an hour from the TT track and it's a very cool event.

Peoria Speedway is in fact where they would charge you to re-enter if you needed to go to your vehicle. Peoria Speedway was one of the best and most popular speedway's in Illinois at one time but the glory days of PS are long since a mere memory.

And you're right! The Peoria TT is pure badass!!

Barbecueboy
09-22-2017, 01:25 PM
BBQB, the motorcycle race you watched was not run on the same track as where the late models, mods and midgets, etc. race. The TT motorcycle race is contested on a track that is owned and operated by the Peoria Motorcycle Club. The PMC boasts the Peoria TT as the longest consecutive running dirt track motorcycle race in the world. I don't doubt their word on it. I live just an hour from the TT track and it's a very cool event.

Peoria Speedway is in fact where they would charge you to re-enter if you needed to go to your vehicle. Peoria Speedway was one of the best and most popular speedway's in Illinois at one time but the glory days of PS are long since a mere memory.

And you're right! The Peoria TT is pure badass!!

I tuned in thinking it would be the track for the cars, but they did a pretty good job of covering it and when I saw the switchback and jumps figured no way it was the car track....it was really cool to watch.

I'm not exactly a motorcycle guy, but like almost all racing of all types and that was just cool.....would love to spend a weekend camping at the track and taking it all in.

TheJet-09
09-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Mere speculation on my part, but I wondered if it wasn't the Fair Board looking at comments and feedback on social media and in response either questioned/confronted the promoter/s with it, or flat out said they would be going with someone else next year...which resulted in the promoter/s saying forget the rest of this year then. Who knows, undoubtedly three sides to the story like most situations.

I did wonder though, with their now finishing out the season (a win for everyone, overall), are the points still done with as previously announced? It looks like most divisions were already locked up, but in the Crates Morris and Metille are tied. I'd hate to see anyone declared a Champion, only to find out there's still one more week of points racing.

golddirt
09-22-2017, 02:13 PM
K3 at one time did not allow reentry but didn't last long, may have been under Judy. Boswell does not allow reentry and Peoria does allow you to retrieve blankets medicine etc.

Highside Hustler25
09-23-2017, 05:16 AM
A couple of interesting reads.

https://racingnews.co/2017/09/13/kenny-wallace-warns-local-dirt-track-promoters/

https://racingnews.co/2017/08/30/donnie-moran-muskingum-county-speedway/

#FALSuperman
09-23-2017, 07:56 AM
A couple of interesting reads.https://racingnews.co/2017/09/13/kenny-wallace-warns-local-dirt-track-promoters/https://racingnews.co/2017/08/30/donnie-moran-muskingum-county-speedway/Kenny is right on the money. There are still some tracks that can run weekly shows. In general though, many of these promoters should take his advice. It isn't rocket science he is speaking.

pierceFAN
09-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Who ran K3 in 1981?

that would be Wayne Etzel