PDA

View Full Version : Car counts

3 wide
09-23-2017, 06:23 AM
Noticed more cars at magnolia than woo or Lucas that should tell them something.If you can't draw more than 30 cars at browns town you got a problem.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-23-2017, 07:53 AM
It's enough to race. 30 good ones at that. They slowed the track down , which made for a better race.

huskerdirt
09-23-2017, 08:03 AM
WoO was in an non open territory. Magnolia out drew Brownstown last year.

Appreciate the hot takes.

billetbirdcage
09-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Mag was also way down on car count also over years past, but had extra competing races this year. Mag was at 42 Supers and think 38 crates which usually averages 60 to 75 supers and 50 crates over the last 10 years or so

B_K
09-23-2017, 09:06 AM
30 at Brownstown
31 at Phenix City
42 at the Mag
31 at Dog Hollow
31 at Eriez
21 at Lakeside

Not overwhelming #s, but healthy.

huskerdirt
09-23-2017, 09:17 AM
30 at Brownstown
31 at Phenix City
42 at the Mag
31 at Dog Hollow
31 at Eriez
21 at Lakeside

Not overwhelming #s, but healthy.

Rigsby said on Late Model Live that there were 17 events across the country that pay 4,000 or more to win. That's gonna make the car counts look more thin than usual.

zeroracing
09-23-2017, 11:08 AM
So a week or two ago the posts were you should have to have x experience to race with big boys. They should cap eldora to keep it to just guys that can win. This weeks complaint is not enough cars to have two b mains...

Just trying to keep up.

The reason for car count is multiple races, end of season so guys are done or ending early and some of those tracks. Lakeside for example is really fun but very hard on motors, so it has had light car counts for years.

huskerdirt
09-23-2017, 11:27 AM
So a week or two ago the posts were you should have to have x experience to race with big boys. They should cap eldora to keep it to just guys that can win. This weeks complaint is not enough cars to have two b mains...

Just trying to keep up.

The reason for car count is multiple races, end of season so guys are done or ending early and some of those tracks. Lakeside for example is really fun but very hard on motors, so it has had light car counts for years.

Us 4mers tend to be very fickle. Lol

Lakeside is a bad ass joint. When it slicks off, it ranks right up there as one of the best tracks in the country. Kansas City really isn't a late model market anymore, its USRA/USMTS country now. Any time they have an open show everybody besides Austin Siebert is gonna have travel some to get there. It was just a bad weekend for the makeup dates. Had this show been in April they probably get 7-8 more cars.

Stovall and Timms had planned to be there, but backed out. I did see they picked up a new hauler earlier in the week. It was odd to see Jackson not run and see Merrill entered. Considering they use Jacksons hauler.

Shiny Side Up 18
09-23-2017, 11:53 AM
There were 26 at Peoria last night for $2000.

billetbirdcage
09-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Stovall and Timms had planned to be there, but backed out. I did see they picked up a new hauler earlier in the week. It was odd to see Jackson not run and see Merrill entered. Considering they use Jacksons hauler.

I think tony is picking up another new car and the reason he's not there, seriously.

bullittwrench
09-23-2017, 12:26 PM
What does he have left to try? Rayburn, Lazer, Swartz, Trackstar, Kryptonite?

Cardirt0
09-23-2017, 12:27 PM
This is easy more drivers have stopped racing then new one that have started... Means less cars...Even a 10 year old can count them up....

huskerdirt
09-23-2017, 12:31 PM
I think tony is picking up another new car and the reason he's not there, seriously.

My god......

huskerdirt
09-23-2017, 12:32 PM
This is easy more drivers have stopped racing then new one that have started... Means less cars...Even a 10 year old can count them up....

Yes..... but I don't think it's as bad as people perceive it to be.

If anything more guys are being smarter about when/where they race.