PDA

View Full Version : Blount Motorsports/McIntosh split

Pennsboro23
09-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Just saw on twitter that the two will slit at season's end. Potential drivers to fill the seat next season?

One Man Gang
09-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Put John Blankenship in it

MI Dirt Fan
09-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Is that shocking or assume it was going to happen. Anyone have inside scoop?

MRM
09-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Is that shocking or assume it was going to happen. Anyone have inside scoop?

McIntosh wants a shot at racing on a national tour and BMS doesn't want to travel that much. Nothing more than that. We have the info on www.insidedirtracing.com and may have some additional comments from him to add a bit later.

Chris Thomason
09-25-2017, 02:13 PM
It will be interesting to see where he lands and I hope the news breaks soon. I'm a fan of Donald. I think he's at least good enough to contend for RoY on either tour.

MI Dirt Fan
09-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Who out there could provide a national tour ride?

Pennsboro23
09-25-2017, 02:30 PM

Wondering the same thing. Who's he going to drive for that wants to run a national tour?

Chris Thomason
09-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Complete speculation here but what if JD takes the Landers car or 6 comes back? Blount cars are Rockets and GR Smith toured some earlier this year right? Where is GR from? Carolina?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Complete speculation here but what if JD takes the Landers car or 6 comes back? Blount cars are Rockets and GR Smith toured some earlier this year right? Where is GR from? Carolina?

GR might like to get back in his car with what he has learned this year.

a25rjr
09-25-2017, 03:00 PM
GR might like to get back in his car with what he has learned this year.

......or maybe not! :)

huskerdirt
09-25-2017, 03:02 PM
GR Smith was quitting at the end of this year anyway. Him getting out of the seat wasn't as big as a deal as people wanted it to be.

Josh Bayko
09-25-2017, 03:24 PM
GR Smith was quitting at the end of this year anyway. Him getting out of the seat wasn't as big as a deal as people wanted it to be.

I'm not so sure he's quitting. He's talked recently about racing next year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-25-2017, 03:36 PM

Things change when you win Crown Jewels. Or week to week for most racers.

Forward Bite
09-25-2017, 03:40 PM
GR could add a 2nd car to his team for him to race when he wants to race.

huskerdirt
09-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Things change when you win Crown Jewels. Or week to week for most racers.

I never said GR wasn't gonna field a car for somebody.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-25-2017, 03:47 PM

Gr is located near charlotte area. Cornelius I believe. He owns the sponcor on car VICTORY CIRCLE CARS.
Rumley might b going w jd we'll have to wait and see.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-25-2017, 06:00 PM
I never said GR wasn't gonna field a car for somebody.

I know. But he was quitting cause "it was too expensive".

Highside Hustler25
09-25-2017, 06:12 PM

Ha, their are a lot of racers that would like to run Nationally, on someones dime, with better credentials than McIntosh. Good luck on finding that ride. They're just not there.

huskerdirt
09-25-2017, 06:16 PM
Ha, their are a lot of racers that would like to run Nationally, on someones dime, with better credentials than McIntosh. Good luck on finding that ride. They're just not there.

My feeling is McIntosh already has a seat somewhere. I don't think a guy would leave a team like Blount without something in place or being real close. Just my feelings.

Highwayman
09-25-2017, 06:25 PM
My feeling is McIntosh already has a seat somewhere. I don't think a guy would leave a team like Blount without something in place or being real close. Just my feelings.
My thoughts exactly.

#FALSuperman
09-25-2017, 07:22 PM
McIntosh is going to be just fine everyone.

One Man Gang
09-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Baird or BW perhaps ?

aflack83
09-25-2017, 07:48 PM
If Mcintosh doesn't have a ride yet, then I would be shocked. He is an absolute wheelman, and I think he could for sure compete on a national tour. Of course that is IF he has a good team and ride underneath him

MI Dirt Fan
09-25-2017, 08:07 PM
That's what I figured. Maybe there's something out there under wraps.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-25-2017, 09:34 PM
Yeah, he wouldn't leave a team of that caliber, if he didn't have something lined upm

B_K
09-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Baird or BW perhaps ?

I don't see him as an upgrade to what either team already has in the seat. I also don't see a top 5-6 point finish on either tour.

Drop Shock
09-25-2017, 10:42 PM
I know they are a team located in the South East, but there are two kids in my area that are definitely deserving of a ride: Tyler Carpenter and Zack Dohm

One Man Gang
09-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Be hell if Weaver would start a 2 car operation and pair him up with Overton. I know that is wishful thinking but I agree with you all that he has something cooking or he wouldn't be leaving BMS. I like Donald and wish him the best in whatever decision he makes.

MI Dirt Fan
09-25-2017, 11:12 PM
Be hell if Weaver would start a 2 car operation and pair him up with Overton. I know that is wishful thinking but I agree with you all that he has something cooking or he wouldn't be leaving BMS. I like Donald and wish him the best in whatever decision he makes.
I thought that also at first. But he apparently wants a national tour ride and the ride Overton has isn't even running national tour either. I also believe that ride is co-owned by Chip Stone's dream racing team. Anyone know how much they are contributing though?

zyoung25
09-26-2017, 02:02 AM

I remember seeing this too. I went back and looked for this post about the time jd got in the car, I cannot find it anymore. Everything was for sale up until jd got in the car.

I'm more interested in who will be in Blount car right now though. That's a d@mn good ride to be left empty.

ThebigE
09-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Possibly the Best Performance Motorsports ride will be open next year....

Pennsboro23
09-26-2017, 09:39 AM
I know they are a team located in the South East, but there are two kids in my area that are definitely deserving of a ride: Tyler Carpenter and Zack Dohm

Amen to that.

ready2rd
09-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Making This Up Will Kinda So, Mcintosh And The Elliot's Are In Same Town Possible Kin To The Elliot's, Chase Elliot is Making Few Million a Year With Hendrick Might Be Gonna Help a Neighbor out .

IceCowart
09-29-2017, 01:38 AM
Blount with a 23 on it maybe Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) perfect fit! http://www.coryhedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)23.com/index.html 24 wins this year and a young man ready to step up.

dirt farmer
09-29-2017, 06:31 AM
I don't know but I can't see the Blount team running crate races.

Last Tru Outlaw 4B
10-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Don't be surprised to see McIntosh field there own team with some sponsor help. Remember they had there own team before he hoped in the BMS ride at Eldora after they split with ogle.