PDA

View Full Version : Duck River Deep Fried...

wfofan
09-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Any information appreciated...
How's the racing...
Drivers....
Best seats...
Thanks...

MI Dirt Fan
09-25-2017, 11:20 PM
Overton has it on the schedule

Chris Thomason
09-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Racing is top notch when the track is on. I only recall one visit there when it slicked off big time and they trained. Of course drivers will be hit or miss with lucas running three hours away but I'd expect the mid west woo guys like Heckanast, shirley, Moyers, both English, Hickman, and some other local hitters. Not really a bad seat in the house. Get there early if you want to be toward the top, grandstands are long but not to tall. There is seperate set of bleachers right where the scale is in turn one, I hope to be standing on that top row. Expect a long drawn out show. Bench bleachers good for stadium chair, I think coolers are welcome but prob shoukd dbl check for deep fried. If you plan to park in the regular spectator parking, try to park along the fence beside the pits.... seems to be the easiest to get out from that spot and there are some big ruts if you park between the other rows

upaginit in North GA
09-26-2017, 08:41 AM
The racing is always good at Duck River, the negatives are scheduling and dragging it out till early morning. They used to schedule this race opposite of the Gobbler, now they schedule it the same weekend as Lucas Oil at Dixie and Rome. It will probably be good if Marlar, Overton, 17M show up, but it would have been great if Lucas & WOO drivers were there. JMO

Rev
09-26-2017, 09:47 PM
90 percent of the time the track prep is 2nd to nobody. I've been to about 4 events at Duck this year and they nailed it at each event. The last race was a bit drawn out and the PA system was making this aweful noise, heavy static just about all night. It was to the point that you thought you were in the Twilight zone of " can they not hear this???"
The "pull fender event off tires " for drivers gets old and slows the race. If I were a driver I'd appreciate this kind of help but they just don't get in a hurry, then a 20 minute intermission. As mentioned, no real bad seat, you'll love the racing. It's a bad fast little bullring but bring your breakfast.

MI Dirt Fan
09-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Dale McDowell doesn't have it on his schedule. Actually, he has nothing past the Knoxville Nationals a couple weeks back.

castone
09-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Everything Rev said is correct, and that expensive new PA system does make a noise that should not be there, not sure they know how to use it, and the event may be a little slow as they do take time to try to keep all cars in the race, with that being said you stand a 90% chance of seeing 3 groove racing that you will remember!!

wfofan
09-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Any top drivers committed yet...

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-27-2017, 02:08 PM
The racing is always good at Duck River, the negatives are scheduling and dragging it out till early morning. They used to schedule this race opposite of the Gobbler, now they schedule it the same weekend as Lucas Oil at Dixie and Rome. It will probably be good if Marlar, Overton, 17M show up, but it would have been great if Lucas & WOO drivers were there. JMO

I would think if Overton and Marlar were not there to stink up the show, it would be better.

One Man Gang
09-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Overton
Hickman
Tyler Erb
Coulter
Vic Hill
Putnam
Brad Skinner
Jason Jameson
Billy Moyer Jr
Dane Dacus
Terry English
Devin Dixon
David Seibers

93Moorefan
09-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Overton
Hickman
Tyler Erb
Coulter
Vic Hill
Putnam
Brad Skinner
Jason Jameson
Billy Moyer Jr
Dane Dacus
Terry English
Devin Dixon
David Seibers

You can add Spencer Hughes from Mississippi in the K3 Randy Boyd Thompson entry

BigNilla
09-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Camping info?

MidTnDirtFan
09-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Better make a stop at the loan office. Two day tickets are $50.00. That's pretty steep for a 14,000 to win show.
But there are other classes running....so maybe it will be worth it.

dirtdobber45
09-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Any updates?

wfofan
09-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Any info on drivers...heats...price of a hot dog...

Slinging
09-29-2017, 09:13 PM
30 Supers 27 Crates 36 Nesmith Street Stocks

Slinging
09-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Top 4 Supers 1.54 Dacus 2.116 Overton 3.1 Hickman 4.21 Moyer jr

Slinging
09-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Track was BAD FAST in qualifying...Dacus ran a 11.9...

upaginit in North GA
09-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Way to go Duck River, 28 supers for a 14K to win. Don't schedule against Lucas Oil and or the Gobbler.

Slinging
09-29-2017, 10:18 PM
They have 30 Supers...I think that's a very good car count...don't be hating just because you couldn't be at the Duck River...it has been some Great racing so far....remember they have 27 Crates too..the stands are packed and the pits is too...

Slinging
09-29-2017, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't trade 1 race at Duck River for 5 Dixie or Rome races...just My opinion..

Slinging
09-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Heat 1 Finish..1.Dacus..Moyer jr..Vic Hill

Slinging
09-29-2017, 11:02 PM
Heat 2 Finish..1.Overton..Jameson..T.Erb

Slinging
09-29-2017, 11:09 PM
Heat 3 Finish..1.Hickman..H.Radson..S.Cook

upaginit in North GA
09-30-2017, 07:37 AM
I could have been there, you are missing the point. But thats OK. Hope they have a great race.

B_K
09-30-2017, 08:54 AM
Duck River is a good race track. It wouldn't say it's greatly superior to Rome though. Looking forward to watching the 116 at RIS tomorrow after he picks up $14,000 tonight.

castone
09-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Dacus picks up the $500.00 fast time award, and the Track was hammer down super Fast for Friday night action at The Duck!

Slinging
09-30-2017, 10:23 AM
The way Dacus was running Overton may have his hands full...

MidTnDirtFan
09-30-2017, 10:32 AM
They have 30 Supers...I think that's a very good car count...don't be hating just because you couldn't be at the Duck River...it has been some Great racing so far....remember they have 27 Crates too..the stands are packed and the pits is too...
Well I wouldnt say they was packed last night.....maybe half full at best. Tonight it will probably be full but lets not get carried away. The track got pretty slick last night. They tried very hard to move the show along but it was well after midnight when everything shut down,,,,more like 1:00
The Crate race was pretty good. That 14 yr old had his car hooked up on the bottom for sure!!! My guess is that tonight the bottom will be a popular line also.
If they can keep the big ruts from popping up it should be a pretty good race. The Street Stock feature looks promising.

Slinging
09-30-2017, 11:42 AM
Where was you at...in your car asleep lol...it was pretty packed from my view...and it wasn't just a bottom line race...if you was watching the race you would have seen a lot of cars running the top...

MidTnDirtFan
09-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Where was you at...in your car asleep lol...it was pretty packed from my view...and it wasn't just a bottom line race...if you was watching the race you would have seen a lot of cars running the top...
Yea I paid $25.00 to sleep thru everything. .......then I guess those breaks to fix the rough spots was just bad dreams . and since I was asleep I couldn't have seen that the 16 crate run the bottom...hell even Josh Putnam was running the low line in his heat. Oh wait I slept thru that.
There was a few cars that tried to run high side with success earlier in the evening but as the night went on the preferred line by the late models was on the bottom.
Hopefully tonight it will be two and three wide all night. And they get everyone out before midnight....oh wait I was asleep so I missed leaving at 12:45 with one race left to run.
LOL.

dirty bert
09-30-2017, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't trade 1 race at Duck River for 5 Dixie or Rome races...just My opinion..I agree racing at the Duck is better than any track around driver's actually have more than one groove to race on , Crossville an I75 , Dixe have turned into train racing,finish where you start unless someone falls out. Boyd's ,Rome still pretty good racing. I used to not miss Crossville or I75 now I save my money an go watch the trainsrun along hwy 27 .

Late_Model_Mark
09-30-2017, 06:08 PM
What's with the big ol For Sale sign at the entrance to the track. Along with the rumors of Winchester for sale and now the Duck, looks like Mr. Harris is getting out of the race track business.

Late Model Mark

upaginit in North GA
09-30-2017, 10:58 PM
If he keeps scheduling his premier race against the Lucas Oil weekend at Dixie, hope he has a good realtor. Good thing Overton showed up!

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-30-2017, 11:04 PM
If he keeps scheduling his premier race against the Lucas Oil weekend at Dixie, hope he has a good realtor. Good thing Overton showed up!

They got a good car count. What's the problem?

MI Dirt Fan
09-30-2017, 11:11 PM
They got a good car count. What's the problem?

No idea either. I didn't know it was against a rule to schedule against a nice paying event (especially that one to, paying through the field) against a WoO or LOLMS event. It helps the local or regional guy to pay the bills to keep racing. Sounds like they had a wonderful evening. 170 cars total.

Slinging
10-01-2017, 12:10 AM
Im with yall...170 cars doesn't look like it hurt Duck River at all...Thank you Bob Harris for giving us fans a nice weekend of GREAT racing.....I'm telling you Overton and that Weaver team is a leathal combination...That 116 car didn't miss a lick..unbelievable...

Slinging
10-01-2017, 12:13 AM
What you need to do is ask Lucas oil boys and Dixie Speedway why they let a local guy smoke them..lol lol

upaginit in North GA
10-01-2017, 12:19 AM
U obviously don't follow racing much, Michael Page has been traveling to major events for a while, Eldora is one of those. As I stated, it was a good thing Overton showed up at the Duck.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-01-2017, 06:11 AM
U obviously don't follow racing much, Michael Page has been traveling to major events for a while, Eldora is one of those. As I stated, it was a good thing Overton showed up at the Duck.

Why, for the Lucas guys? Or to stink up Duck river? We don't follow you. I think Duck River did just fine without Bloomer and Owens.