PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hughes Claims Fourth USMTS Crown

Ben Shelton
09-26-2017, 09:59 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 26, 2017

Jason Hughes Claims Fourth USMTS Crown

Westville, Oklahoma (09/26/17) – Jason Hughes competed in the 19th annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree over the weekend at Minnesota’s Deer Creek Speedway, where he claimed his fourth-career United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) championship in his Henryetta Ford #12 Red Tail Tackle/ Hughes Chassis/ Mullins Racing Engine Modified.

“This championship might be the most special because I know there was a lot of unknowns after my hard wreck at Thunderbird Speedway back in July,” Hughes noted. “However, there is no quit in this team, and we were able to come out and perform at a top level pretty much every night of the Hunt this year. Our consistency was the driving factor behind this title.

“I want to thank my family, my sponsors, my team, and my fans for their support. This championship is dedicated to all of them.”

Kicking off the 19th annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree, Jason Hughes was one 98 Open Wheel Modifieds on hand at Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota) on Thursday night for the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) sanctioned weekend. Jumping one spot in his heat race, Hughes landed a 2nd-place finish behind Cade Dillard, positioning him 14th on the starting grid for the $6,000-to-win A-Main. Breaking into the Top 10, Jason improved six positions in the 40-lapper to place 8th.

With his performance on Thursday night, Jason captured his third-straight USMTS national title and fourth overall.

Returning on Friday, Hughes started the night off with a 12-lap heat race victory, earning him the 5th-starting position for the feature. Working his way into a podium spot, Jason gained two positions, registering a 3rd-place finish behind Ryan Gustin and Lucas Schott with Cade Dillard and Zack VanderBeek completing the Top-5 finishers.

Closing out the three-day Featherlite Fall Jamboree on Saturday, Hughes recorded a 2nd-place finish in his heat behind Stormy Scott, transferring him into the B-Main. Sending the Top 3 into the $10,000-to-win finale, Jason captured a 15-lap consolation victory locking him into the 16th-starting position for the feature. Advancing through the field 12 spots, Jason Hughes reeled in a 4th-place finish behind Ryan Gustin, Zack VanderBeek, and Stormy Scott with Joe Duvall rounding out the Top 5.

Complete results and the latest standings can be found at www.USMTS.com .

Jason will now enjoy a break from racing before returning to competition on October 19-22 at Southern New Mexico Speedway (Las Cruces, New Mexico) in the 18th annual Rancho Milagro Fall Nationals. The event culminates with a $20,000-to-win finale.

For more details on the mega event, please visit www.SNMspeedway.com .

Jason Hughes would like to thank his sponsors, including Henryetta Ford, Cates Recycling, Pig-N-Out, Murphrey Oil Company Inc., Eastside Café, Red Tail Tackle, AFCO Brakes, West Siloam Pawn, Murphrey Oil Company, Gressel Racing, Hughes Racing Chassis, Mullins Race Engines, D and G Directional Drilling, 45 Pipeline Services, JRI Shocks, Hanson Tire Service, Braka Operating, Sunoco Race Fuels, Mert's Truck Center, SAEF Custom Finishing, Wheeler Metals Rainbow Graphics, Hooker Harness, Quarter Master, Beyea Custom Headers, Ultra-Shield Race Products, MB Machine & Tool, T&D Machine Products, Callies, Quick Car Racing Products, Dan Olson Racing Products, FSR Radiators & Racing Products, Tiger Rear Ends, Driven Racing Oil, Sweet Mfg, Real Racing Wheels, Rod End Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jason Hughes, please visit www.JasonHughes12.com .