PDA

View Full Version : UMP National points

cjp0354
09-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Anybody have the updated UMP points after this weekend? I could only find them through the 17th. Thanks

Ryan21mid
09-26-2017, 03:48 PM
They update every Wednesday, sometimes Thursday at the latest.

Links
09-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Rusty Schlenk...all you need to know

Bigdirtfan
09-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Its over in two weeks i believe, so we should expect to see rusty at the dtwc right. If you can tow 8 hrs to st louis area multiple times, seems like you could tow 4 to portsmouth.

Bigdirtfan
09-27-2017, 03:08 PM
#tallest midget

Senroc-Systems
09-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Schlenk........... 2569
Unzicker..........2513
Spangler..........2464
Pierce...............2393
Moyer...............2168
Kloos................2156
Gundaker..........2137
Shiels................2134
Sheppard..........1995
Babb.................1986

NormP
09-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Its over in two weeks i believe, so we should expect to see rusty at the dtwc right. If you can tow 8 hrs to st louis area multiple times, seems like you could tow 4 to portsmouth.

Unless he doesn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about that race and wants to relax at home for once after a season full of wins and a championship.

cjp0354
09-27-2017, 09:23 PM
Schlenk........... 2569
Unzicker..........2513
Spangler..........2464
Pierce...............2393
Moyer...............2168
Kloos................2156
Gundaker..........2137
Shiels................2134
Sheppard..........1995
Babb.................1986

Those are last week's points. Unzicker won 2 races since those came out. Not sure what Rusty did this past weekend.

thugginsince89
09-27-2017, 11:08 PM
someone smarter than myself posted on facebook(of corse now i cant find the post) that unzicker is within 10 points and could take the lead at tri city this week. I wouldnt be suprised if it didnt end up whoever finishes higher at eldora for the fall nattys.

Senroc-Systems
09-28-2017, 03:23 AM
Those are last week's points. Unzicker won 2 races since those came out. Not sure what Rusty did this past weekend.

Yes they are. It's what is posted on UMP's page right now. Thru September 17. I'll be sure to update them as soon as UMP does. Rusty, Ryan or Eric usually post them on their Facebook pages. Unicker has been on an incredible roll the last few weeks and has closed very little. He's actually lost ground three consecutive weeks. From 42 to 52 to 56. Rusty has 21 wins and over dozen 2nd place finishes. When either of the top 3 race they gain very little on each other because of the high number of wins, seconds and thirds. They may race and not even replace anything. Spangler finished 4th at Berlin. I don't think he replaced anything because he didn't gain anything. He updates a bit more than the other two. We're not going to see 20, 30, 40 point gains this late in the season. While Unzicker has won the most late, his recent wins have been with low car counts. Rusty and Spangler both have raced with higher average car counts, and receive more bonus points per victory. The fans are the real winners here because we get to see these guys give their all every week. All three have been racing their a$$es off at a Championship level. I'd love to see all three at Eldora next weekend. That's what racing is all about.

ThebigE
09-28-2017, 06:50 AM
If it comes down to Eldora and the Fall Nationals next weekend look for Rusty to come out on top. He is an Eldora regular and is always tough there.

TackyTracker
09-28-2017, 08:34 AM
I'd put my $$$ on Unzicker but if Rusty won I wouldn't be mad

ThebigE
09-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Unzicker over Schlenk at Eldora? No way.

huskerdirt
09-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Schlenk 2570
Unzicker 2534

Updated standings.

PBR66
09-28-2017, 12:28 PM
All anyone needs to know about UMP national points is that Moyer, Babb and BShepp are in the top 10 and do not run for points weekly. Argue over Shclenk and Unzicker all you want if any of those three tried at all they'd be the "champion" just shows you how far weekly LM racing has fallen

PBR66
09-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Throw Pierce in that conversation as well

MI Dirt Fan
09-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Not sure why Pierce chases those UMP points instead of running a outlaw schedule similar to Overton.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-28-2017, 12:46 PM
All anyone needs to know about UMP national points is that Moyer, Babb and BShepp are in the top 10 and do not run for points weekly. Argue over Shclenk and Unzicker all you want if any of those three tried at all they'd be the "champion" just shows you how far weekly LM racing has fallen

It only takes what, your top 30 or 35 races? So, you don't have to run all the time. And that is what ump racing is for, weekly racers. Yes, professionals are way better thanks to the current dirt late model technical climate.

Krooser
09-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Great post MBR....puts things in perspective

Ryan21mid
09-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Not sure why Pierce chases those UMP points instead of running a outlaw schedule similar to Overton.

Not a Pierce fan, but I'd say his schedule is very similar to Overton's. Just so happens the big money regional shows he runs are UMP sanctioned and they aren't in the Southeast. Overton ran the full Southern Nationals, Pierce ran the full Summer Nationals. Plus all the Eldora events are UMP sanctioned, just a byproduct of the area he's from.

Bigdirtfan
09-28-2017, 03:06 PM
More often then not the real professional drivers like pierce dont actively chase the weekly ump points. After winning the summernationals, it dawns on them that they are in the running so late in the year they go and win the weekly points.

ILL-DIRTDOG
09-28-2017, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Senroc-Systems;2140559]Yes they are. It's what is posted on UMP's page right now. Thru September 17. I'll be sure to update them as soon as UMP does. Rusty, Ryan or Eric usually post them on their Facebook pages. Unicker has been on an incredible roll the last few weeks and has closed very little. He's actually lost ground three consecutive weeks. From 42 to 52 to 56. Rusty has 21 wins and over dozen 2nd place finishes. When either of the top 3 race they gain very little on each other because of the high number of wins, seconds and thirds. They may race and not even replace anything. Spangler finished 4th at Berlin. I don't think he replaced anything because he didn't gain anything. He updates a bit more than the other two. We're not going to see 20, 30, 40 point gains this late in the season. While Unzicker has won the most late, his recent wins have been with low car counts. Rusty and Spangler both have raced with higher average car counts, and receive more bonus points per victory. The fans are the real winners here because we get to see these guys give their all every week. All three have been racing their a$$es off at a Championship level. I'd love to see all three at Eldora next weekend. That's what racing is......................you may want to recheck your Unzicker stats

Senroc-Systems
09-28-2017, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Senroc-Systems;2140559....................you may want to recheck your Unzicker stats

What stats are you referring to?

Senroc-Systems
09-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Unzicker wins night 1 of Mod Mania, the LM version.......

TackyTracker
09-29-2017, 10:14 AM
car looked really good.. Schlenk finished 9th

Senroc-Systems
09-30-2017, 11:15 AM
Spangler wins at South Buxton.

Schlenk 7th to 3rd in a caution free 25 lapper.

Shiny Side Up 18
09-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Unzicker wins Peoria.

Senroc-Systems
09-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Gonna come down to Eldora!

Good luck to all three!

Schlenk, Unzicker and Spangler!

MI Dirt Fan
09-30-2017, 10:50 PM
Where is Dona Marcouiller? Surprised he's not up higher. Top 10 at least

Senroc-Systems
09-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Marcoullier not in the top 25. Doesn't race enough to contend with the front runners. Plenty of talent, plenty of equipment. Just doesn't run enough to compete on UMP level ( # of races )

ThebigE
10-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Does Dona only run the AELMS? I know he used to come down and run some Eldora shows but I haven't seen him there for a couple of years.

jensenracing18
10-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Dona has stuck to the AELMS and some of the higher $$ shows around Michigan it seems to be working very well for them.. they stay close to home and have won some good $ already this season around $21,000 just on wins in the ethanol series and they can add to it with a $10,000 show this weekend at berlin and the AELMS championship... I just don't see if being very cost effective to drive 6+ hours a few times a week for a $1000-$1200 purse and chase UMP points

00Hdmn
10-04-2017, 11:21 AM
After this weekend Unzicker had a really good weekend and Rusty didn't at all. How does this points system work? I figured by both drivers finishes this weekend that Unzicker would take the lead based on where both drivers finished in UMP races. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-04-2017, 11:46 AM
After this weekend Unzicker had a really good weekend and Rusty didn't at all. How does this points system work? I figured by both drivers finishes this weekend that Unzicker would take the lead based on where both drivers finished in UMP races. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Thanks

It is best 35 events.

Clayton_Wetter
10-04-2017, 03:35 PM
If it comes down to Eldora and the Fall Nationals next weekend look for Rusty to come out on top. He is an Eldora regular and is always tough there.

Unzicker has the better car though.

rickybrown1952
10-04-2017, 04:27 PM
I think Rusty will pull it off but we'll wait and see

ThebigE
10-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Unzicker also has a lot more $ than Rusty so he should have a better car and equipment. I like Rusty's driving style better at Eldora.... The times Unzicker has raced at Eldora he hasn't really impressed me.

rc24
10-05-2017, 06:25 AM
OOHdmm

They count the best 35 points night. I'm not paying close enough attention to know what Rusty and Ryan are throwing out or replacing runs with. This makes it hard to figure out whats going on with this point race.

Ryan21mid
10-05-2017, 08:37 AM
With 25 or fewer cars, Unzicker wins and they tie for the title with the tiebreaker going to Unzicker. 30 cars or more and Unzicker would win the title with a 2nd place run as long as Schlenk doesn't win. He is trailing by 9 and replacing a 66. A Win pays 75 with a possible 80 with bonus points if there's 30 or more cars.

Bigdirtfan
10-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Anybody else remember unzickers car being stuck in gear at oakshade, when he was scheduled to start on the pole night two of the summernats visit. At the time i remembered thinking wow that probably cost him 10g, looks like it may have cost him 30g now. I just dont recall ever seeing unzicker at eldora, to win or finish second seems like a tough task and yes i know hes on a roll.

TackyTracker
10-05-2017, 11:08 AM
it's a great battle just like Lucas series..

rickybrown1952
10-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Yep only 9 points

JMill99m
10-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Anybody else remember unzickers car being stuck in gear at oakshade, when he was scheduled to start on the pole night two of the summernats visit. At the time i remembered thinking wow that probably cost him 10g, looks like it may have cost him 30g now. I just dont recall ever seeing unzicker at eldora, to win or finish second seems like a tough task and yes i know hes on a roll.

I wanna say he made the World 100 one year and was in a big wreck that year

goincircles
10-06-2017, 11:03 PM

The dude has no intentions of running any type competition he wants to be a big dog in lates models but just plays with the puppies.And your right the guy will tow 400 miles past a track paying 5 6 10k to get to a track with little competition basically he is an idiot lol

goincircles
10-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Unless he doesn't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about that race and wants to relax at home for once after a season full of wins and a championship. Oh he cares he is just lucky Rayburn give him a car or he would have did a go fund me or barrowed and engine or even a couple cars by this time of the season

Doc88D
10-06-2017, 11:18 PM
He went to atomic tonight. Came from 11th to second, with names like Conley, Boggs & both Carpenters. Went to their playground and stood tall. The night before the finals at Eldora. Where was Unzicker running??

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-06-2017, 11:48 PM
The dude has no intentions of running any type competition he wants to be a big dog in lates models but just plays with the puppies.And your right the guy will tow 400 miles past a track paying 5 6 10k to get to a track with little competition basically he is an idiot lol

He is on the cusp of completing his ultimate goal with a Rayburn. What have you done?

MI Dirt Fan
10-07-2017, 12:04 AM
He is on the cusp of completing his ultimate goal with a Rayburn. What have you done?

Sat behind a username and criticized a guy he MAY doesn't know personally or MAY have never even met.

Bigdirtfan
10-07-2017, 04:04 AM
Rustys ultimate goal was to win a championship that no other full time racer in America was actively competing for. Wow, i guess he knows how to set an attainable goal, gotta give him credit there.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Rustys ultimate goal was to win a championship that no other full time racer in America was actively competing for. Wow, i guess he knows how to set an attainable goal, gotta give him credit there.

Yeah. No body wants that UMP cash. Smh. Nor did any of you haters think he could win a race with that car.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Granted I don't get 90% of the sh!t people b!tch about, or why everything seems to get turned into ignorance or politics.

But wtf does it matter where Rusty runs, what kinda car it is, and for how much money he's racing for? It's between him, CJ, and his car/motor owner. Let them do their deal if it works for them. He runs well, let him be. Give him time, maybe he'll venture out more with more sponsors and a better understanding of their car. I figured they'd do good against local/regional talent, and in time, I do think they'll dip their feet into deeper water. And he has done well, better than I thought they would.

And running well at Atomic last night with good competition, props there.

fryefan
10-07-2017, 10:47 AM
There are a lot of posters in this thread with some serious jealousy issues.

Bubstr
10-07-2017, 11:35 AM
There are a lot of posters in this thread with some serious jealousy issues.

It's more of a self worth problem. They feel like berating others, improves their self worth. It's contagious as we can see ĥere in the 4m. It starts with just a few and spreads till it isn't worth reading the posts. The worst part is they defend it as just having fun. It's only fun to them and it is at someone else s expense. This time it's Rusty. Next time someone else, but the poster is still worth very little. If they have no respect for others, they have no respect or their self.

One thing about it, they can dish it out, but they can't take it. Watch the post crying about this post

chupp n bloomer fan
10-07-2017, 11:48 AM
It's more of a self worth problem. They feel like berating others, improves their self worth. It's contagious as we can see ĥere in the 4m. It starts with just a few and spreads till it isn't worth reading the posts. The worst part is they defend it as just having fun. It's only fun to them and it is at someone else s expense. This time it's Rusty. Next time someone else, but the poster is still worth very little. If they have no respect for others, they have no respect or their self.

One thing about it, they can dish it out, but they can't take it. Watch the post crying about this postNah, all good, you're just hypocritical at times is all. Yours and fryes are spot on.

Doc88D
10-07-2017, 02:40 PM
What it all boils down to is two men, who race a bunch in their own back yards, to earn valuable UMP points so that they can earn some money to get them through the winter. If either of them had a supporter to help with the bills, I'm sure they would welcome the chance to go to the Lucas & WoO shows when they come around. But reality is, that running those shows hurt the chances of them getting that UMP $$$ during the winter. I respect any man that can find a way to turn his passion into his living. I don't know Ryan, but I have seen Rusty's work ethic first hand. That guy will burn every hour it takes to get his hot rods ready. I think it has really helped him this year having the CJ1 car to go along with his own. One thing you know for sure is, that when both teams roll through the gate, they feel that they are there to win...

Bubstr
10-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Nah, all good, you're just hypocritical at times is all. Yours and fryes are spot on.

I guess we could call it hypocritical, but I prefer to call it, giving them some of their own medicine. And they cry like but hurt wimps, they are. It's ok I can take it and dish it out.

Snake X3
10-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Granted I don't get 90% of the sh!t people b!tch about, or why everything seems to get turned into ignorance or politics.

But wtf does it matter where Rusty runs, what kinda car it is, and for how much money he's racing for? It's between him, CJ, and his car/motor owner. Let them do their deal if it works for them. He runs well, let him be. Give him time, maybe he'll venture out more with more sponsors and a better understanding of their car. I figured they'd do good against local/regional talent, and in time, I do think they'll dip their feet into deeper water. And he has done well, better than I thought they would.

And running well at Atomic last night with good competition, props there.

Thank you! That pretty much sums up my opinion as well.

rickybrown1952
10-07-2017, 03:15 PM
What happens if it rains out tonight's race at Eldora what will they do

golddirt
10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Race tomorrow

Senroc-Systems
10-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Halfway. Caution.

Schlenk 10th, Unzicker 22nd.

Senroc-Systems
10-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Rain delay...

Clayton_Wetter
10-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Rain has stopped. They better get going fast, another big one 60 miles away and coming.

Senroc-Systems
10-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Postponed until noon tomorrow.....

Clayton_Wetter
10-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Oh boy, gonna sell just one more hot dog!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Congrats Rusty!

play4kps
10-07-2017, 10:33 PM
Wow, I got no skin in this game! But it is plain idiotic to criticize Rusty, he runs on a shoestring budget and does a great job and is nothing but helpful in the pits.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Thank you! That pretty much sums up my opinion as well.You're welcome, I just really don't get it is all.

race14
10-08-2017, 08:01 AM
I would like to see how many times rusty has beat unzicker this year racing together. Probably not many if it's heads up rusty doesn't stand a chance

Highside Hustler25
10-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Congratulations to Rusty Schlenk on his 2017 UMP National Championship. Well deserved champ and all around great guy. I had my head up my @$$ earlier but have since farted and regained most of my composure.

Yes, I agree. Congrats to Rusty:cool:

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-08-2017, 09:10 AM
I would like to see how many times rusty has beat unzicker this year racing together. Probably not many if it's heads up rusty doesn't stand a chance

First half of the year, Rusty would have waxed him night after night. Yes, Unzicker on this hot streak, would beat him now. Although a lot depends on where the race is. Unzicker didn't have blazing speed last night.

WildBill32
10-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Unzicker 8th, Rusty 9th, Jeep 1st, Bobby 2nd........ Fall Nationals Finishing order.

Doc88D
10-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Rusty Schlenk & CJ Rayburn... 2017 UMP Dirtcar National Champions... 21 feature wins at 13 different tracks

ptown
10-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Rusty Schlenk & CJ Rayburn... 2017 UMP Dirtcar National Champions... 21 feature wins at 13 different tracks

Who’d a thunk it......Congrats to Rusty AND CJ Rayburn!

PRCKartRacer9
10-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Ba dass. Congrats to them both.

Bigdirtfan
10-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Truly remarkable.

rickybrown1952
10-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Does anybody know if the ump modified championship has been settled yet or not

SHOE32
10-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Way to go Rusty,just keep doin it your way. Congrats CJ Rayburn race cars.

golddirt
10-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Mike Harrison modified championship

fryefan
10-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Congratulations to Rusty, CJ and their crew on the Championship. Also, congratulations to Ryan and his crew on a great year as well.

ThebigE
10-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Congrats RSR and CJ Rayburn!

#FALSuperman
10-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Unzicker 8th, Rusty 9th, Jeep 1st, Bobby 2nd........ Fall Nationals Finishing order.Unzicker finishing 7th would've put him as Champion by 1 single point, correct? If so, how close was he to the 7th place car? Anyone know?

cgrace
10-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Congrats RSR and CJ Rayburn!agreed! congrats to Rusty, his team and Rayburn racecars.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Unzicker finishing 7th would've put him as Champion by 1 single point, correct? If so, how close was he to the 7th place car? Anyone know?

I thought Unzicker had to win with less than 25 cars? Supposedly, his worst total was a 66?

Ryan21mid
10-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Unzicker finishing 7th would've put him as Champion by 1 single point, correct? If so, how close was he to the 7th place car? Anyone know?

No, he had to win the race.

#FALSuperman
10-09-2017, 10:33 AM
No, he had to win the race.Ok, I messed up the points. Thanks for clearing it up.

old17ford
10-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Congrats RUSTY and CJ Rayburn !

Snake X3
10-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Wow! That was a great race. Robinson and Jeep going side by side for a lot of laps early there. Cool to hear Mike Norris calling the race. Hope he continues to get to call more races outside of FALS and Farmer City.

Congrats to Jeep on the win, Jon Henry on winning the ALMS title, Kent Robinson on winning the Eldora track title and Rusty on winning the UMP title.

#FALSuperman
10-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Wow! That was a great race. Robinson and Jeep going side by side for a lot of laps early there. Cool to hear Mike Norris calling the race. Hope he continues to get to call more races outside of FALS and Farmer City. Congrats to Jeep on the win, Jon Henry on winning the ALMS title, Kent Robinson on winning the Eldora track title and Rusty on winning the UMP title.Stay tuned...he might be in line for another big race this year. 🤘