PDA

View Full Version : Body rules.... decking question

mopar92
10-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Just watched the Deep fried 75 tonight. Decent racing mid pack. Overton slaughtered them. It was primarily a bottom only track. Anyway. The instant Overton rolled into the track I noticed how strange the car looked. The decking is noticeably lower around the driver area. Then it turns up hard towards the spoiler. Looked like the old school wedge cars did. Is there not a deck rule anymore? T bar height? Man he sure beat em bad tonight. Good to see Randy during the interview too. I always pulled for him.

Senroc-Systems
10-01-2017, 12:38 AM
There are several posts already going. The " Steve Francis " post and the " body rules " post are on the first page​.

Highwayman
10-01-2017, 05:19 AM
Just watched the Deep fried 75 tonight. Decent racing mid pack. Overton slaughtered them. It was primarily a bottom only track. Anyway. The instant Overton rolled into the track I noticed how strange the car looked. The decking is noticeably lower around the driver area. Then it turns up hard towards the spoiler. Looked like the old school wedge cars did. Is there not a deck rule anymore? T bar height? Man he sure beat em bad tonight. Good to see Randy during the interview too. I always pulled for him.

Plenty of rules, not much enforcement.

Josh Bayko
10-01-2017, 07:59 AM
They only care about deck height in tech. How a car gets to there is pretty much up to whoever builds the body.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
10-01-2017, 08:19 AM
Wasn't Duck River unsanctioned? Probably was little or no tech.

sc0tt
10-01-2017, 10:47 AM
look at the photos of Brandons right side panels last week, all sucked in like a spoiler!
Wasn't Duck River unsanctioned? Probably was little or no tech.

MI Dirt Fan
10-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Someone posted a pic on here maybe a week ago or so but I can't seem to find it.

Senroc-Systems
10-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Someone posted a pic on here maybe a week ago or so but I can't seem to find it.

It's on page 2 at the top. Post titled " body rules???? "

The pic is in the first post.

MI Dirt Fan
10-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Ah I see. I was looking for the paper clip icon that tells you there is a pic attachment in a post. Not sure why that did have one.

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?378096-Body-Rules

Slinging
10-01-2017, 02:00 PM
All I know is I was Duck River and Overton didn't miss a lick..that 116 car is a Rocket ship...I'm telling you that car didn't bobble none..he could put that car anywhere on the track and it was like glue...Man he mastered lap traffic..he had done lapped all way up to 9th by lap 39..if it wasn't for a caution on lap 39 and it stayed green he might have lapped the entire field..he was all ready half the track in front of 2nd place...Amazing

GRT32
10-01-2017, 02:10 PM
The left rear corner appears to get higher as the race goes. Almost as if they can adjust the deck from inside the car.

Slinging
10-01-2017, 02:17 PM
I was in the pits when Overton got back to there rig and the first thing they started doing was messing with the spoiler...and Tyler Erbs crew guy went to the rear of there car with a drill and was doing something to there rear deck..he screwed and screwed for a minute..

Illtsate32
10-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Seen a pick of erbs car its got some height on that lr too...nothing like the 116 having a 45 degree angle on deck from the rear post to the spoiler lol...looks like a cat that got kicked in the a$$...