PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Erb Set to Defend Gumbo Nationals Title

Ben Shelton
10-06-2017, 09:52 AM
For Immediate Release
October 6, 2017

Tyler Erb Set to Defend Gumbo Nationals Title

New Waverly, Texas (10/06/17) – On the heels of a runner-up finish in last weekend’s Deep Fried 75 at Duck River Raceway Park, Tyler Erb is set to defend his Gumbo Nationals title in his First Class Septic #91 New Point Lighting and Design/ Rocket XR1 Chassis /Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Last Friday night brought Tyler Erb to Duck River Raceway Park (Wheel, Tennessee) for the 6th annual Deep Fried 75. Drawing 30 Super Late Models for the two-day unsanctioned event, Erb followed up the fifth fastest time in qualifying with a third-place finish in his heat race.

Earning the eighth-starting position for the $14,000-to-win A-Main on Saturday evening, Tyler worked his way into the Top 5 on the bottom side and began closing in on race-leader Brandon Overton near the halfway point of the 75-lapper. Erb would get within a car length of Overton before settling into a runner-up finish late in the event. Dane Dacus, Jason Jameson, and Frank Heckenast Jr. rounded out the Top 5.

“On that late-race restart I thought maybe I could drive up under Overton in turn one and two, but he was just better than I was,” said Erb. “He could use the whole race track and for like 50 laps I had to charge, squirt, stop, and my tires were killed. Starting eighth, I think it was pretty good, because I don’t think it was a whole lot of passing.”

For more results from this event, please visit www.DuckRiverRacewayPark.com .

This weekend – October 6-7 – will take Tyler and the team to Mississippi as they look to defend their Gumbo Nationals title from 2016. The $10,000-to-win event is sanctioned by the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS).

The team will also have apparel available on the grandstand side all weekend.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.GreenvilleSpeedway.net .

Tyler Erb and Erb Racing would like to thank their sponsors including First Class Septic, Keyser Manufacturing, New Point Lighting and Design Inc., Day Motorsports, Clements Racing Engines, QA1, Integra Racing Shocks, Champion Oil, JD’s Body Works, Tye Twarog Racing, Showtime Signs, Hoosier Tire South, Toste Construction, ASI Racewear, Powermaster Performance Starters & Alternators, Superior Bearing Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Erb Racing, please visit www.TylerErb.com .