PDA

View Full Version : Kent Robinson Clinches 2017 Eldora Speedway Championship

Ben Shelton
10-09-2017, 09:07 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 9, 2017

Kent Robinson Clinches 2017 Eldora Speedway Championship

Bloomington, Indiana (10/09/17) – Kent Robinson added another prestigious accolade to his accomplishment list over the weekend.

The pilot of the Billy Moyer Victory Race Car #7r JB’s Disposal Services/ Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model clinched the 2017 Eldora Speedway Track Championship after a strong performance in the Fall Nationals.

“This is truly something special to win this championship,” Robinson proclaimed. “To win a Super Late Model championship at a place that is so prestigious and has so much history means a lot to our team. At the beginning of the year, we circled this as a goal, and to see it come to fruition is very fulfilling. I just want to thank my family, my team, my sponsors, and all of my fans for their awesome support.”

K-Rob traveled to the famed Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on Saturday to take part in the annual Allstar Performance DIRTcar Fall Nationals, which was sanctioned by the Sunoco Race Fuels American Late Model Series (ALMS). While the event was slated to only be a one-day affair, Mother Nature had other ideas.

Kent started the event by registering the fastest time of the 23 entries in qualifying on Saturday evening, and then backed it up with a heat-race win from the fourth-starting position. His preliminary performance positioned Robinson third on the starting grid for the 40-lap $5,000-to-win finale.

Early in the feature he worked his way up to the second position, but on lap 16 rain would begin to drench the ˝-mile oval, forcing the final 24 laps to be postponed until Sunday afternoon.

When the race resumed Robinson challenged Van Wormer for the lead near the race’s midway point before ultimately slipping back to a third-place finish behind Van Wormer and Bobby Pierce. Jon Henry and Jacob Hawkins completed the Top 5.

Full results from the event can be found at www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

Kent currently has a single event remaining on the 2017 docket. He will make the trip to Florence Speedway (Union, Kentucky) on Saturday, October 28 for $5,000-to-win, Fall Nationals.

For more information on the event, please visit www.FlorenceSpeedway.com .

To stock up on Kent Robinson merchandise, please head to the Apparel page at www.KentRobinsonRacing.com where you’ll find the latest designs as well as some great deals on clearance items.

Kent Robinson Racing would to like to thank all of their sponsors including JB's Salvage, JB’s Disposal, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Jones Oil Company, Midwest Sheet Metal, Billy Moyer Victory Race Cars, Keyser Manufacturing, Printworx Graphics, VP Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tire, Envy Suspension, All Star Performance, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, K&N Filters, AFCO, Bell Helmets, Simpson Race Products, Wiles Drive Shafts, Weld Racing, FK Rod Ends, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Kent Robinson Racing, please visit www.KentRobinsonRacing.com .