PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Sanders Claims Lucas Oil MLRA Rookie Hardware

Ben Shelton
10-09-2017, 11:52 AM
For Immediate Release
October 9, 2017

Rodney Sanders Claims Lucas Oil MLRA Rookie Hardware

Happy, Texas (10/09/17) – Consider it mission accomplished for Rodney Sanders. At the beginning of the season the Texas racer set out with the goal of winning the Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) Sunoco Rookie of the Year title.

With his weekend performances in his Wichita Tank Racing #20 DriveWFX.com/ Swan Energy/ MB Customs/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model, Sanders officially claimed the honor.

“This was my first year to chase a Super Late Model tour, and the goal was to get seat experience and win the rookie title,” Sanders recounts. “We are very happy to have achieved both of these goals. I have an amazing team and some great sponsors behind me. Without their support this wouldn’t have been possible.”

Rodney Sanders rolled into Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri) on Friday for the opening leg of the two-night 4th annual Fall Nationals. The Lucas Oil MLRA sanctioned event drew a field of 31 entries to the 3/8-mile oval. A third-place finish in his heat race, sent Sanders to the 40-lap, $3,000-to-win feature. He would go on to notch an 11th-place finish.

On Saturday evening Sanders battled mechanical issues throughout the night, which forced him to utilize a provisional to start the $5,000-to-win feature. Rodney notched an 18th-place finish in the 50-lap finale.

In addition to winning the Sunoco Rookie Title, Sanders also finished second in the overall standings, behind champion Terry Phillips.

For full results as well as the complete final standings, please visit www.MLRAracing.com .

The upcoming weekend – October 11-14 – takes Rodney into battle in his Wichita Tank Racing #20 Swan Energy MB Customs Modified in the 4th annual Summit USRA Fall Nationals at I-35 Speedway (Winston, Missouri). On Wednesday a practice night will be held. Thursday and Friday finds the USRA Modifieds chasing a $500 top prize each night. The weekend draws to a close on Saturday night with a $3,000-to-win, USRA Modified finale.

For more information on the event, please visit www.USRAracing.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, Swan Energy, Kimrad Transport, DriveWFX.com, S&S Fishing and Rental, Krohn Farms, STSI, Mars Race Cars, MB Customs, Mesilla Valley Transportation, KBC Graphics, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Hatifeld Race Engines, Deatherage Opticians, VP Race Fuels, C&R Incorporated, Beyea Headers, CMD Race Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Race Shocks, Swift Springs, Wilwood Brakes, Palmer Painting, D&G Contracting, Driven Oil, 87 Automotive, FK Rod Ends, Allstar Performance, Fikes Transmission, QA1 Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Day Motorsports, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .