PDA

View Full Version : Body Rules - Lucas

Vap8102
10-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Can someone send me the Lucas body rules that are used in 2017? Whatever is used for the "templates" is what I need, because the rules that you can find online clearly don't match the wedge cars I see in the pictures.

lrnvlFan1w
10-09-2017, 09:28 PM
I can tell you that we got checked this past weekend and were told our body wouldn't pass next season. Our body is also no where near as radical as others.

They said they are going to put a string from the front fender to the rear and it must be within 2" the whole way.

billetbirdcage
10-09-2017, 10:31 PM
I can tell you that we got checked this past weekend and were told our body wouldn't pass next season. Our body is also no where near as radical as others.

They said they are going to put a string from the front fender to the rear and it must be within 2" the whole way.

The rules say 1" so they are going to enforce it to 2", that what got us into this mess to start with, LOL.

Unless you're talking about the deck also and not just the right or left side body line.

Vap8102
10-09-2017, 10:38 PM
I'd still like to see the body dimensions rules if someone has them. There's a few dimensions in the text but things like spoiler supports aren't given.

billetbirdcage
10-10-2017, 12:00 AM
I'd still like to see the body dimensions rules if someone has them. There's a few dimensions in the text but things like spoiler supports aren't given.

http://lucasdirt.com/images/files/lucas_dirt_rulebook.pdf

body rules start at page 19

Drawings are at http://lucasdirt.com/drivers/car-illustrations

Austin34471
10-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Billet, that's not the right link
Attached below are the updated set of body rules
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*b7U8hf-nJG1c9Gix.jpeg

zeroracing
10-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Rules that I had heard were rumored:
1. Flat nose level across
2. Min. Door height on right door and materials min length.
3. Shorter spoiler
4. flat nose ears both sides.

I can deal with door, spoiler and or flat nose ears. Level nose would be a bunch of rework on both body, bumpers and set up, I am 10000% percent against that part. I can accept the others with minimal work and convert any car easily.

Matt49
10-10-2017, 02:30 PM
This never ceases to amaze me but I guess I should just get used to it. Every time there is rampant lack of enforcement of EXISTING rules, the solution is always to come up with MORE rules. The lack of logic is hard to wrap one's mind around. I think it's about time this sport had a serious makeover but it is going to take a lot of high profile drivers/teams speaking openly and honestly to make a real difference. Unfortunately, most aren't willing to upset the apple cart. It's only when they are on their way OUT of the sport that they want to talk about all of the things wrong with it. Sad situation.

billetbirdcage
10-10-2017, 02:39 PM
This never ceases to amaze me but I guess I should just get used to it. Every time there is rampant lack of enforcement of EXISTING rules, the solution is always to come up with MORE rules. The lack of logic is hard to wrap one's mind around. I think it's about time this sport had a serious makeover but it is going to take a lot of high profile drivers/teams speaking openly and honestly to make a real difference. Unfortunately, most aren't willing to upset the apple cart. It's only when they are on their way OUT of the sport that they want to talk about all of the things wrong with it. Sad situation.

Yep, read the rules they added perticularlly this one: B.) Fenders are not permitted to gain height from rear to front of car. Will check with a string from the top of the quarter panel at the spoiler to the top of the highest point of the fender. Must be flat (1” tolerance)

This was added and in red for 2016, yet they never enforced it once and look where we are now. Most of the touring cars won't pass this even if you don't measure in the bulge they are putting in the top of the fender for tire clearance.

billetbirdcage
10-10-2017, 02:41 PM
http://imgur.com/a/cD5Nr

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Rules that I had heard were rumored:
1. Flat nose level across
2. Min. Door height on right door and materials min length.
3. Shorter spoiler
4. flat nose ears both sides.

I can deal with door, spoiler and or flat nose ears. Level nose would be a bunch of rework on both body, bumpers and set up, I am 10000% percent against that part. I can accept the others with minimal work and convert any car easily.

The extra RF clearance has little to no effect on the current problems. I agree. Why make us have to engineer a pivoting bumper to keep the suspension the same?

billetbirdcage
10-10-2017, 04:52 PM
All they need to do is enforce what is all ready written. Just doing that would get rid of a ton of the modern wedge cars.

look at illustration:

Deck must be flat 32" forward from the spoiler running parallel to the ground. 1" tolerance given

However I would add:

1. Rear deck hieght 36" - get that back to where we was a few years ago. No tolerance! They kept adding 1" tolerance so guys when to 37", then they changed it to 37" and 1" tolerance so guy's where at 38" then gave them 1" from there and that's why we are at 39" now.

2. A maximum hieght on the RF nose, instead of level as it would just be easier to start off with. There is a reason for this rule that I know most are not aware of but trust me it needs to have a max at around 12" or 13".

3. Cut or remove the spoilers

4. flat nose ears both sides

5. You could change a bunch more but a few of those and enforcing the old rules would be a good start.

powerslide
10-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Throw those spoilers away

billetbirdcage
10-10-2017, 08:23 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1xe8ij.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/1xe8nm.jpg

Krooser
10-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Rules say the nose must match the body... yea OK...

lrnvlFan1w
10-11-2017, 02:54 PM
I misspoke it was 1" on the straight line as billet posted.

victorylane
10-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Billetbirdcage is exactly right. Enforce the rules that are already written. There are a few cars that are following those body rules pretty close. Making new rules to conform to the problem cars is ridiculous but thats been the case for the last several years. It's always we can't go back because too many guys already have it that way. Screw em. The LR Deck Height after the race is over is crazy on a few cars.

lrnvlFan1w
10-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Was very interesting at PPMS watching the Lucas tech guys measure rear deck height at the Pittsburgher. Amazing how many cars they kneeled on the back to compress the shocks a little so it conformed and how many crews had the tools to adjust it because they knew they were that close. Also interesting they were on uneven ground when measuring.

Just shows how important aero is.

billetbirdcage
10-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Was very interesting at PPMS watching the Lucas tech guys measure rear deck height at the Pittsburgher. Amazing how many cars they kneeled on the back to compress the shocks a little so it conformed and how many crews had the tools to adjust it because they knew they were that close. Also interesting they were on uneven ground when measuring.

Just shows how important aero is.

You might have missed guys turning to the right with the front wheels to lower the LR also. Guys got away with this for a while but tech started to catch on and make them hold the front wheels semi straight.

lrnvlFan1w
10-12-2017, 03:59 PM
You might have missed guys turning to the right with the front wheels to lower the LR also. Guys got away with this for a while but tech started to catch on and make them hold the front wheels semi straight.

Nope definitely saw that as well, Lucas Tech guy caught it when I saw it.

Dirtmod13
10-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Wish they still looked like real cars

Josh Bayko
10-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Taking away drop decks and filling in the sails would be a cheap and easy start to reigning in bodies.

Punisher88
10-13-2017, 12:50 PM
I think taking away the dropped decks would be a bad idea. Dropping the deck around the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pits helps a ton when and if you are on your side with drivers side down and allowing the driver to escape. The issue is the tunneling they do they can still be dropped, but be flat across the hood and fenders.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-13-2017, 02:11 PM
I think taking away the dropped decks would be a bad idea. Dropping the deck around the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pits helps a ton when and if you are on your side with drivers side down and allowing the driver to escape. The issue is the tunneling they do they can still be dropped, but be flat across the hood and fenders.

All the newer cars have way taller cages. It could be dropped around the driver, but flat out 30 some inches from the spoiler, like it used to be. Basically, once again go back to a 6 year old set of rules and enforce them.

DEKconsulting
10-13-2017, 05:06 PM
All they have to do is enforce the rules already in place and it will be fine

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-13-2017, 05:41 PM
All they have to do is enforce the rules already in place and it will be fine

They have peeled a few too many back too far or dropped them. Imo

DEKconsulting
10-13-2017, 11:39 PM
And the rf fenders with the buldge is uglyier than hell looks like the fender has a big zit on it