PDA

View Full Version : Per DoD. Bronson, Culp, GR Smith look at running for RoY with WOO or LUCAS & MORE.

HoosierDirtFan
10-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Per Dirt On Dirt during the Late Model Live Show which was good and they talked about 2018
Some was of Kyle Bronson, Timothy Culp, GR Smith possibly running for Rookie Of Year with either WOO or Lucas.
Possibly the black 0 going out west for the Wild West Shootout.
Could be some BIG team shakeups on the way.
Davenport has an offer on the table to from GR Smith to race next year and another from a team to go on a national tour.
Just some of what they talked about. But no details where released on any of it yet.

MI Dirt Fan
10-10-2017, 09:26 PM
I'm not sure if Bronson could run an entire tour geographically. The backing is there though.

Josh Bayko
10-10-2017, 09:29 PM
I’d imagine Bronson would go WoO racing. He’s tight with the Rocket mafia.

thexfactor0210
10-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Didnt Culp and GR Smith start out trying to run series this year

slmcrewchief99
10-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Bronson made a comment on Facebook saying he was going to run a National Tour. He just didn't say which tour. I agree with Josh and would say WoO.

Barbecueboy
10-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Didnt Culp and GR Smith start out trying to run series this year
Gr did.......not sure about culp

dalemcfan
10-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Culp started the year in the GRT house car. They ran the Lucas races at GIS and some or all of Easylt Bay then parted ways.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Gr did.......not sure about culp

What about GR putting bradsher in his car and run woo lol

MI Dirt Fan
10-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Bronson made a comment on Facebook saying he was going to run a National Tour. He just didn't say which tour. I agree with Josh and would say WoO.

Oh I without a doubt agree it would most likely be WoO

Snake X3
10-11-2017, 03:50 AM
The early season talk of guys following tours is so much rubbish. It's always predicated on them getting off to a good start during Speedweeks. Culp was supposedly running for Lucas ROY and that fizzled. It was the same with GR Smith and WoO. Even if they get out of Speedweeks in good position, how many guys dropped off the WoO tour this year? I would think there needs to be money to burn for it to be believable that those guys are 100% committed to running the entire season. It's fun to talk about though.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2017, 05:17 AM
Guess GR isn't quitting then?

Josh Bayko
10-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Guess GR isn't quitting then?

He changed his tune in the last couple months.

huskerdirt
10-11-2017, 06:10 AM
I get a chuckle that people are assuming Bronson is gonna be running WoO based on geographically location. He's from Florida, location means absolutely nothing. Anytime a guy says he's gonna jump on a tour the usual suspects chime in saying he's going to WoO.

GR was actually running Lucas, not WoO last year.

Pennsboro23
10-11-2017, 07:23 AM
I agree with everyone saying Bronson will run WoO. Him and the rocket gang are close.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2017, 07:23 AM
He changed his tune in the last couple months.

I knew he would. How could he not?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2017, 07:27 AM
I get a chuckle that people are assuming Bronson is gonna be running WoO based on geographically location. He's from Florida, location means absolutely nothing. Anytime a guy says he's gonna jump on a tour the usual suspects chime in saying he's going to WoO.

GR was actually running Lucas, not WoO last year.
Geography means nothing. Pitting next to Mark every night means a lot for a team that has demonstrated brand loyalty and has lots of $$ to spend.

Highwayman
10-11-2017, 07:57 AM
I knew he would. How could he not?

Not to be disrespectful to GR, he is a nice guy, but I'm in the area that JD and GR run in most and have seen the developmental arc of both. I don't see that car, continuing to perform like it has lately, with GR back behind the wheel. I'm sure having input and help from KR has shown him some things, but... To be on the national tour and run competitively you need both an exceptionally talented driver, a finely tuned car and serious funding, so... I'm sure if GR were to focus on Carolina Clash and/or Ultimate series he could do quite well there with what he has learned, but I fear a national tour is a bridge too far. But hey' its not my money, if he wants to swim in the deep end of the pool, that's his decision. JMO, for what its worth.

huskerdirt
10-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Geography means nothing. Pitting next to Mark every night means a lot for a team that has demonstrated brand loyalty and has lots of $$ to spend.

Bronson isn't gunna get any more setup information whether he's parked next to the 1 car or not.

MI Dirt Fan
10-11-2017, 08:29 AM
I never said Bronson CAN'T run the entire tour being based in FL.

Huskerdirt should change his name to trigger. Quick to jump on someone else's opinion. That's all he does here. I'm entitled to my own opinion on it.

huskerdirt
10-11-2017, 08:41 AM

Huskerdirt should change his name to trigger. Quick to jump on someone else's opinion. That's all he does here. I'm entitled to my own opinion on it.

And I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't think it's a slam dunk he's gonna run WoO. Every time a driver says he's gonna run a national tour. Most people just automatically assume it's WoO. That's the funny part.

I'll hold off till April in declaring who is actually running a national tour.

MI Dirt Fan
10-11-2017, 09:08 AM
I don't think he'll run the whole tour either. I think he'll pull off. BUT the backing is there to do so regardless of where he finishes weekly.

zach51
10-11-2017, 09:12 AM
After he gets suspended for misconduct after losing his temper, he'll drop off.

MI Dirt Fan
10-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Didn't want to be the first to comment on that one. lol

zach51
10-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I mean I try not to judge, but if you aren't confident that he can keep it together, especially after many hard nights a long way from home on a national tour, I don't know if I'd want to make an investment in chasing one. It is easier to get frustrated and lose it when you are running 6-8th a lot out on the road. I hope he does do well and doesn't come unwired and hurt someone, but history usually repeats itself.

Josh Bayko
10-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Bronson isn't gunna get any more setup information whether he's parked next to the 1 car or not.

This is untrue.

Pennsboro23
10-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Can you imagine Bronson and Tyler Erb on the same tour together?! I will admit, Tyler didn't drive over his head this year like he did last.

bleedblue55
10-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Bronson lived on the road this summer from June at Eldora thru Sept. at Knoxville running WOO, Lucas and UMP races. Following a tour would be a break from the work load they took on. I'd venture a guess and say he ran more sanctioned races in that time span than any touring regular.

HoosierDirtFan
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
If Bronson runs a tour the other teams better keep a close eye on their stuff. It might just end up 4 miles down the highway.

Barbecueboy
10-11-2017, 11:32 AM

You are just now seeing that?.......and Bronson can get all tempered up if he wants to on tour.

Be a very unwise decision on his part.

drich24
10-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Another discussion that has spiraled downward...started off good based on some good what if's to people bashing each other.

Bronson spent the summer on the road racing mainly with WOO and seemed to keep his nose clean and didn't cause any problems. It was fun seeing him hard charging and rim riding around the ovals in the Midwest and racing people cleanly. I am sure someone will point out a little fender bender or rubbing with someone that happened, but all-in-all he did fine.

Why do you think him running a series next year and against mainly the same people he ran with most of this year be any different? Or if he runs Lucas, why would it be any different?

He is a hard charger just like Tyler Erb (and they didn't have any scrapes that I recall) and is a little hard on his own equipment, so what? It is his money and if he isn't bothering others, other than racing them hard, who cares?

Highside Hustler25
10-11-2017, 02:51 PM

I can't personally say either way but I've heard a lot of Rocket customers thank Richards this year for help at the track with this or that. Can't hurt.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Oh yes it will make a difference. Personal relationships matter. Seeing things matters.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Not to be disrespectful to GR, he is a nice guy, but I'm in the area that JD and GR run in most and have seen the developmental arc of both. I don't see that car, continuing to perform like it has lately, with GR back behind the wheel. I'm sure having input and help from KR has shown him some things, but... To be on the national tour and run competitively you need both an exceptionally talented driver, a finely tuned car and serious funding, so... I'm sure if GR were to focus on Carolina Clash and/or Ultimate series he could do quite well there with what he has learned, but I fear a national tour is a bridge too far. But hey' its not my money, if he wants to swim in the deep end of the pool, that's his decision. JMO, for what its worth.

I wasn't speaking necessarily to the national tour aspirations, but how could he not want to get back in the car with the knowledge that he has gained? Anyone with any competitive nature at all would want to do so.

Pennsboro23
10-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Another discussion that has spiraled downward...started off good based on some good what if's to people bashing each other.

Bronson spent the summer on the road racing mainly with WOO and seemed to keep his nose clean and didn't cause any problems. It was fun seeing him hard charging and rim riding around the ovals in the Midwest and racing people cleanly. I am sure someone will point out a little fender bender or rubbing with someone that happened, but all-in-all he did fine.

Why do you think him running a series next year and against mainly the same people he ran with most of this year be any different? Or if he runs Lucas, why would it be any different?

He is a hard charger just like Tyler Erb (and they didn't have any scrapes that I recall) and is a little hard on his own equipment, so what? It is his money and if he isn't bothering others, other than racing them hard, who cares?

Not sure why you’re bent out of shape. All I was saying is that both of them drive hard. If you don’t think it will be interesting watching them race an entire year together than somethings wrong.