PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Boggs

MI Dirt Fan
10-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Said in the interview after his Iron Man win. That is his 5th new car?

let-r-eat
10-11-2017, 09:50 PM
I like Jackie but what is happening today is this:

People are buying speed!

The guys that couldn't change their (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) tires are buying cars that are pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fast. The fields are closer and the easy pickens is over. You are seeing guys with driving talent that couldn't smack their asses 10 years ago because they didn't know how to get the car where it needed to be. Now you just buy the stuff. You are seeing driving talent fall by the wayside because they can't afford what it takes to keep up.

71PRPFan
10-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I have it on good authority Jackie usually orders 4-6 chassis a year. This 5th one seems to be working better than the others for sure. He's looked lost most of the year

ThebigE
10-13-2017, 06:43 AM
4-6 chassis a year? That's ridiculous. Maybe he needs to get in a chassis that will hold up for an entire year.

brsteg
10-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Jackie is a business of modifying and selling chassis. So I would not be surprised if he runs a few races in one tunes it a bit and then sales that car, two or 3 times a year. Then if he can afford to do so, one may be a little experimental. One is probably a work horse.

I really don't know his business, but seems pretty logical knowing he is selling the things.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-13-2017, 09:01 AM
4-6 chassis a year? That's ridiculous. Maybe he needs to get in a chassis that will hold up for an entire year.It hasn't been about holding up, they just haven't been good. I'm no fan of Jackie, but he can drive. And he has been pretty bad most of the year. Where as in years past guy is consistently winning, top 5, or breaking. Plus as brsteg said, he also modifies and sells chassis.

Bob Hubbard
10-13-2017, 09:56 AM
I heard Lanigan say he brought a new chassis to florence for the Big money race @ the North n South ....Seems pretty common from what ive been reading about chassis flex ....

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-13-2017, 10:03 AM
I heard Lanigan say he brought a new chassis to florence for the Big money race @ the North n South ....Seems pretty common from what ive been reading about chassis flex ....

Lanigan is on like car 10 for the year. The Swartz cars don't wear out like that, though.

ptown
10-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Said in the interview after his Iron Man win. That is his 5th new car?

Who’s his sugar daddy?

71PRPFan
10-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Yes he races some of them and sells and some of them without racing them.

Kromulous
10-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Does anyone actually know some of the family history on Jackie and back to Jack Boggs?

I am pretty certain there is no "sugar daddy" he races on his own dime, builds cars and other works on the side to just pay for it all and of course his winnings from racing.

I know back in the day Jack Boggs had Baird, i think people called him Chubby? anyway i was like 14 when i met him. Nice guy, Jack was stand offish but nevertheless it was told to me that Baird was the $4 behind the whole deal. Although Jack won plenty back in the old days.

Jackie races hard, and builds his own stuff, and works on it everyday. I always was a fan because of that. These wonder boys now days that are "looking for a quality ride" have no idea what a $ means, or a days work.

TTS_JF
10-13-2017, 02:41 PM
The only person I've heard help Jackie out was Dave Jamison

bleedsbluer2
10-14-2017, 12:17 AM
Audie swartz has helped alot but boggs has help him just as much i like boggs he is always wide open the way it should be

Crossbones
10-14-2017, 01:42 AM
One of the rocket house cars has ran about 100 races on one chassis. Its not like you need several new chassis per year.

DEKconsulting
10-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Thats all in how they r designed.

dirty-white-boy
10-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Jackie Boggs? Where does she race at?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Does anyone actually know some of the family history on Jackie and back to Jack Boggs?

I am pretty certain there is no "sugar daddy" he races on his own dime, builds cars and other works on the side to just pay for it all and of course his winnings from racing.

I know back in the day Jack Boggs had Baird, i think people called him Chubby? anyway i was like 14 when i met him. Nice guy, Jack was stand offish but nevertheless it was told to me that Baird was the $4 behind the whole deal. Although Jack won plenty back in the old days.

Jackie races hard, and builds his own stuff, and works on it everyday. I always was a fan because of that. These wonder boys now days that are "looking for a quality ride" have no idea what a $ means, or a days work.

Bob Miller used to send some cha Ching to 4B. And Steve Cascio? After or during that time. Think he is more on his own these days.

Barbecueboy
10-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Jackie Boggs? Where does she race at?

Now here is an internet statement that would never ever be said face to face........ever.

Bob Hubbard
10-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Its pretty impressive for anyone to run a late model team and do it with little help from outside money ....

Drop Shock
10-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Don't think he'll pull an upset this weekend, but Jackie will be a factor. He normally pulls a rabbit out of the hat in big races at prp

Swampy121
10-16-2017, 03:45 PM
Jackie Boggs? Where does she race at? The local McDonald's

Swampy121
10-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Don't think he'll pull an upset this weekend, but Jackie will be a factor. He normally pulls a rabbit out of the hat in big races at prp As long as he doesn't break anything he will be up towards the front. If something goes slightly wrong, he will pull in early.

71PRPFan
10-16-2017, 08:28 PM
He's got #5 hooked up so far I'd look for him to lead some laps

swartzman
10-18-2017, 11:29 PM
His cars are not worn out by any means,