PDA

View Full Version : 2 day shows ?

TUTY
10-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Most of these need to be scraped. I know when I say they need a support class it's not always popular. I would rather just watch Late Models also but.... With car counts down almost everywhere promoters need to take a look at there format and make some changes. I'm going to pick on my favorite track Cedar Lake. 42 Late Models for a 3 day show paying around $200,000. These $6000 to win prelim shows are ok but drivers don't like the $6000 To Win and a 30-40 lap A-Main kind of sucks. Then night 2 is Time Trials, heats and maybe a pole Dash. Then Night 3 only 2 B-Mains a LC Qualifier and a 100 lap A-Main. At least Cedar Lake runs a full show on NASCAR Late Models Night 2 and 3 but.... Night 2 and 3 are a 1 Night show split into 2 nights. All this does is cost money for the Drivers and the fans, Pit Passes, Hotels, food. Just run 2-$10,000 To Win shows Night 1 and 2 like Knoxvilles format with 50 Lap A-Mains, regular Woo or Lucas shows. Lock in about 8 cars from Night 1 and 2 and run a full show Night 3 with time trials, heats, B-Mains, 100 lap A-Main. Charge $100 for a 3 day advanced ticket which is $15 extra but worth while. 5000 Fans @ $15 is $75,000 and more than pays the difference in purse and there would be a lot more LM racing and worth it for the drivers as well. Just my thoughts on some needed change and anything to put the cars on the track more would be great.

ptown
10-13-2017, 08:11 AM
Unless there is a feature of some kind Friday two day shows are a rip-off to fans and drivers.

waaac77
10-13-2017, 08:57 AM
A rip off???? Go to a National Felon League Game. That's a rip off. My kid wanted a pretzel and I paid $9 for it and the cheese was a $2 extra charge. $11 for a pretzel/cheese! Hamburger basket was $15 and looked and tasted way worse than a McD's double cheeseburger you get for a buck and a half. Its insane! Dirt race fans are lucky if you ask me. I'd pay $100 to see a good race weekend show but they're not even that much.

TUTY
10-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Agree with that, I can't stand seeing drivers run time trials and a heat and not seeing them till the next day. And charging fans $25 or $30 and drivers and pit crew $35 or $40 for a prelim night that pays $6000 or $7000 To Win is a rip off. Night 2 of these 3 day shows pay nothing with no feature.

cgrace
10-13-2017, 09:20 AM
I actually like 2 day shows. I also like them more when there is a main event on both nights. If not two main events, another format I like is I80 which has double heats. Plenty of racing. I love I80s format if the track is racey for heats. If a track isn't racey for heats, I like time trails. Qualify in 2 groups. Don't need 4 or 6 groups. What I dislike is a guy winning their heat and having to start 8th. Redraw only the winners, I think that makes for better heats. Than you can let everyone else's line up fall where the winners drew.

bleedblue55
10-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Back in the day big shows like the DTWC at Pennsboro needed 2 days because of the massive amount of cars and no lighting. The Hillbilly at Pennsboro was always a 1 day show because they had a little more daylight and maybe half the cars. Can't think of any track nowadays that gets 100+ late models for a show and is not illuminated.

BloomerHarvickFan
10-13-2017, 09:41 AM
I used to be a big 2 day show fan (qual. + heats night one, b mains and feature night two) but I am coming around to making each night beneficial. I say either do a 1 day show, or 3 day. I like having 2 preliminary events.
I also like the idea of them being 50 lap 10,000 to win. I say do complete shows night 1 and night 2. Take the best finish and lock those top 12 into the feature. Line everyone else up in B mains according to their best night finish.
Take top 4 from 3 B mains. I think this format does a few things.
1. one bad night in prelims doesn't dig your hole too deep.
2. good money on all nights.
3. More B mains gives more guys a fair chance to recover from bad prelims.

brsteg
10-13-2017, 09:43 AM
The only race that should be 2 days with no feature on Friday in my opinion is the DTWC. And that is just because of cool weather, tradition and the pay (though top heavy) justifies spending 2 days at one track for one purse.

These type of formats are a turn off for me on attending as a fan also.

MissouriMadMan
10-13-2017, 02:23 PM
I used to LOVE the "old" SHOW-ME 100 when it was at West Plains. those Friday night heat races, some years were better than the 100 laps Saturday night! Back then those guys had to RACE to get in and flat got after it!!!

Trax53
10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Eldora Speedway's Dream and World 100 format (to me) is the perfect 3day show format! BUT, I understand not all tracks can do what they do up there!