PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Taylor Claims Cornhusker Classic at I-80 Speedway

Ben Shelton
10-17-2017, 02:16 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
October 17, 2017

Jeff Taylor Claims Cornhusker Classic at I-80

Cave City, Arkansas (10/17/17) – Jeff Taylor claimed his biggest win of the season on Sunday, when he pocketed $6,300 for his triumph in I-80 Speedway’s Cornhusker Classic. The victory came aboard his Spur Bar #5 Fury Energy/Taylor Chassis.

On Friday Jeff Taylor made the trek to I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska) for the preliminary event of the two-day Cornhusker Classic. Racing in two rounds of heat races, Taylor streaked from the ninth-starting position in his first round to pick up the win.

Starting on the pole for his second heat, Jeff cruised to another heat race victory, positioning him third on the starting grid for the feature.

After Mother Nature pushed back the main event from Saturday night to Sunday, Taylor dominantly streaked to his sixth win of the season in the feature, topping Jordan Grabouski, Ryan Jenkins, Josh Most, and Randy Foote.

The race paid tribute to Jeff’s good friend Robbie Conway. The North Dakota racer unexpectedly passed away a few months away. Conway was known for always running the #2 on his racecar, so Taylor’s $6,300 payday came in $2 bills.

“I-80 Speedway is a beautiful facility, and I was able to get it dialed in quickly,” Taylor recounted. “We were good from the time that we unloaded, and the car drove like a dream in Sunday’s feature. I just want to dedicate this win to the Robbie Conway and all of the Conway family. He was a heck of a friend and a heck of a competitor. He sure is missed.”

For more results from these events, please visit www.I-80Speedway.com .

Jeff is currently unsure of when his next race will be, so please keep your browsers pointed to www.JeffTaylor5.com for the latest schedule updates.

Jeff Taylor would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include White River Family Fun Center, Hoosier Racing Tire, Wilson Farms, Spur Bar, Fury Energy, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Heat Transfer Solutions, Precision Performance, Industrial Electric, Provence Construction, Taylor Chassis, Performance Bodies, Fast Shafts A2Z Signs and More and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jeff Taylor Racing, please visit the official team website at www.JeffTaylor5.com .