10-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Almost just posted the same thing. WOW!

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 01:32 PM
A few more details here.

http://www.dirtmillion.com/

slmcrewchief99
10-18-2017, 01:34 PM
That should bring cars and fans in from all over. I just wonder which series will book a race against them 1st since this is a non-sanctioned event? Lucas or WoO?

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 01:37 PM
That should bring cars and fans in from all over. I just wonder which series will book a race against them 1st since this is a non-sanctioned event? Lucas or WoO?

Lucas Oil Sanctioned.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-18-2017, 01:39 PM

It says it is a Lucas Event. Sounds like it should be called the Go Fund Me 100.

Sniper
10-18-2017, 01:53 PM
I am sure being Lucas Oil sanctioned, they will get fully funded. If it does end up paying $10K to start, I'm sure this race will hold the highest car count of any race in 2018. Just hope the format is not the traditional qualifying and heats on Friday night with the feature on Saturday.

Tireguy17
10-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Great idea for the promoter.....free money! Horrible to take advantage of the fan base with this idea. It's 1 thing for a organization like the Fans Fund to help the USA Nationals and raise $25,000, but its another to try to attempt to add hundreds of thousands of dollars to a purse that the promoter doesn't have to stick his neck out to pay out.

This is a very slippery slope that every promoter will watch and see how it goes. As fans we shouldn't be put in this position in my opinion.

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Great idea for the promoter.....free money! Horrible to take advantage of the fan base with this idea. It's 1 thing for a organization like the Fans Fund to help the USA Nationals and raise $25,000, but its another to try to attempt to add hundreds of thousands of dollars to a purse that the promoter doesn't have to stick his neck out to pay out.

This is a very slippery slope that every promoter will watch and see how it goes. As fans we shouldn't be put in this position in my opinion.

It's not like he's holding a gun to your head demanding money. He's already sticking his neck out paying 100k to win. He's not taking advantage of anybody.

I find it ironic that you think the FansFund is alright..... but this isn't. It's literally the same thing.

Snake X3
10-18-2017, 02:15 PM

I see your point, but no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to contribute. I really don't see why fans would contribute. I read the info and I don't see the incentive. If I wanted to help a racer, I'd give him the money. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't make any sense.

Also, saw mention of provisionals that read like it was buying a spot in the field. Not a fan of that.

All in all though, sounds like it will be good for the sport. It's got people talking, so even if it doesn't come close to raising the 1m purse, that's a good thing.

Phatdaddy
10-18-2017, 02:18 PM
" the drivers who receive the most support will be in line for event benefits, including possible provisional starting spots for the headliner." uuhhhgg...

formercrewguy
10-18-2017, 02:23 PM
A promoter thinking out side of the box? How refreshing!

00Hdmn
10-18-2017, 02:36 PM

Its not like its 25k or 50k to win, this race is paying 100k to win 2k to start before any of the fundraising starts. His Neck isn't on the line for a 200k purse to start with, please. I think he has huge balls for doing this and I personally think its a pretty good idea.

Tireguy17
10-18-2017, 02:37 PM
I find it ironic that you think the FansFund is alright..... but this isn't. It's literally the same thing.

It’s 1 thing to raise $25k seperate from the set purse to help pay for expenses. It’s another thing to set a $800k crowdfunding goal to increase the purse. Just my opinion. I don’t like where this is going.

Pennsboro23
10-18-2017, 02:46 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. If he doesn't raise a dime, the purse is still 100,000 to win, 2,000 to start. Getting a few sponsors will help. Fans don't HAVE to do anything if they don't want. It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel.

Snake X3
10-18-2017, 02:56 PM
It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel.

The big question is whether other series/promoters schedule against it...especially WoO. Even when WoO is off on weekends when Lucas has "crown jewel" races, their series regulars often don't turn out....which is understandable. They get an off week and some of them just want to get a breather. One would hope that the race is a big enough draw that it pulls a Dream/World quality field. Whether it is this race. the DTWC or Knoxville, it would be nice if a third race could step up to that level of quality/car count as Eldora to give us a true Triple Crown of elite races.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't it be a week before the World?

old_wedge_nut
10-18-2017, 03:11 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. If he doesn't raise a dime, the purse is still 100,000 to win, 2,000 to start. Getting a few sponsors will help. Fans don't HAVE to do anything if they don't want. It will be cool to see what this race turns into. It kind of has that All star race feel. I agree, I don't see a risk to the drivers. Not exactly the same, but I remember the NDRA Stroh's Invitation event of the 80s having the same feel to it.

heinen81
10-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Leave it to a few idiots to totally misunderstand the whole thing, and start trashing it. Just like the Dome deal. Congrats to him for injecting some fun and interaction into the sport. Everyone stands to win in this deal, in a sport which has suffered allot of losses over the years. Unique and fun idea, best of luck to everyone involved. Just goes to show, some people will hate on anything.

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Based on the Lucas schedule just released. Twin 10k features on the Friday night show.

slmcrewchief99
10-18-2017, 04:09 PM
1st off let me say I am sorry for my post. I should have read the article before I made my stupid remark. I will blame it on the pain meds for making me sleepy and lazy. 2nd off let me say I hope this goes through because it may be they only way that drivers from Lucas, WoO, the so called Cherry Pickers, and all the regional Drivers from all over the Country can race together. It could possibly be the biggest event in the last 15 or 20 years.

Tireguy17
10-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Listen....Yes we need new promoters and we need new races. From what I can tell Cody has done a good job to this point with his events. Yes the $200k initial purse is still a risk for him financially, but it’s only 1/5 of the goal purse he has set. That’s where I have a problem with the crowdfunding, that potentially 4/5 of the purse is coming from everyone else. As racers and fans we all spend our hard earned money going to weekly races and special events, but I don’t like the route this is going, and the impact it may have on other events. Fans shouldn’t be “tapped” in this method to help pay for the bulk of a purse. Just my honest opinion. I hope it’s successful in the end and hopefully doesn’t become the new norm for tracks increasing their purses. That’s my concern.

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 04:52 PM
What hasn't been mentioned is that a portion of anything you buy associated with the event will contribute to the purse increase. Tickets, PPV buys, merchandise, and all that.

Snake X3
10-18-2017, 05:10 PM
What hasn't been mentioned is that a portion of anything you buy associated with the event will contribute to the purse increase. Tickets, PPV buys, merchandise, and all that.

Right. This just isn't on the fans to donate to the purse. I don't think there is a chance in hell they'll raise much from the fans. However, with all of the other ways that will go towards the purse the fans will be contributing towards it, which I think is great. I assume DoD will be doing the PPV since Rigsby seems to have a close relationship with them, so it's nice to know some of that money will be going towards the purse.

jog49
10-18-2017, 05:19 PM
....and the stigma continues. The first race this boy promoted, my friend (the car owner) had to go and get his money.

ptown
10-18-2017, 05:23 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and calling it a million to win is nothing more than hyperbole at its finest, maybe even false advertising.

Snake X3
10-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Leave it to a few idiots to totally misunderstand the whole thing, and start trashing it. Just like the Dome deal. Congrats to him for injecting some fun and interaction into the sport. Everyone stands to win in this deal, in a sport which has suffered allot of losses over the years. Unique and fun idea, best of luck to everyone involved. Just goes to show, some people will hate on anything.

No offense, but I think you're over-reacting a bit. I don't see anyone trashing it. This is a place for people to express their opinions. Message boards and social media aren't killing the sport. And if people don't like to read negative comments they can close their browsers.

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 05:28 PM
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and calling it a million to win is nothing more than hyperbole at its finest, maybe even false advertising.

You are on record as the first person calling it a "Million to win", btw.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2017, 05:38 PM
You are on record as the first person calling it a "Million to win", btw.Leave it to ptown and his fake news.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2017, 05:39 PM
....and the stigma continues. The first race this boy promoted, my friend (the car owner) had to go and get his money.He’s around 30, so I’m not sure boy is the correct term, unless you like being called boy.

ptown
10-18-2017, 05:41 PM

OK it's called the Dirt Million, not million to win but I still say it's misleading.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't it be a week before the World?Two weeks before.

a25rjr
10-18-2017, 05:52 PM
....and the stigma continues. The first race this boy promoted, my friend (the car owner) had to go and get his money.

Since its a series race, Im sure he has to post a bond in the amount of the purse!

Highside Hustler25
10-18-2017, 06:10 PM
WOW !!!:cool:10 g's to start maybe.

I can't imagine anyone who's a dirt fan not thinking this is a cool deal.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-18-2017, 06:29 PM

The dome deal was a bit of a sideshow and plenty left with empty pockets. This is kind of a gimmick purse deal. Hopefully, it goes off well.

Senroc-Systems
10-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Without a question mark in the logo it is absolutely false advertising. It's coming from a guy who couldn't make good on a three race miniseries with three headlining divisions paying only $5000 to win.

Come on......

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Without a question mark in the logo it is absolutely false advertising. It's coming from a guy who couldn't make good on a three race miniseries with three headlining divisions paying only $5000 to win.

Come on......

True......

WildBill32
10-18-2017, 07:42 PM
I think its a good thing for the sport. And a GREAT thing for the drivers! Gives them a chance to make some extra cash.

MI Dirt Fan
10-18-2017, 07:50 PM
1st off let me say I am sorry for my post. I should have read the article before I made my stupid remark. I will blame it on the pain meds for making me sleepy and lazy. 2nd off let me say I hope this goes through because it may be they only way that drivers from Lucas, WoO, the so called Cherry Pickers, and all the regional Drivers from all over the Country can race together. It could possibly be the biggest event in the last 15 or 20 years.
I don't know if regional drivers from all over the country is a good term to put it. Maybe east of the Mississippi. It would probably be the biggest event since, well the Eldora Million at least.

ptown
10-18-2017, 07:52 PM

Come on......

I hope it’s successful but I’m very skeptical.

klemmabyna
10-18-2017, 08:35 PM
I can dream up some other great ideas if I can get everyone else to fund the project. best wishes to those who choose to participate.

huskerdirt
10-18-2017, 09:08 PM

Come on......

The Mopar Million had a very similar logo.

What happened with three race mini series?

WildBill32
10-18-2017, 09:23 PM
Some of you guys probably think the Dome race is a bad thing also. 30 grand to win this year. This guy go's out on a limb trying to do something good for the sport. And some of you think its a bad thing? Ugh...

zyoung25
10-18-2017, 11:29 PM
The guy is a gambler for sure. Everybody thought the dome deal was going to be a one time massacre, and it ended up being a very entertaining show to say the least. I give the guy props for being different.

WisWildManFan
10-19-2017, 12:07 AM
My 2 cents is that if lucas oil (the A league of dlm racing) is willing to put their name on this it says a lot about what they believe in Cody. Also on a side note congrats to izzo on getting a 2 day $25k to win F UMP race. I went to the dome last year and was very happy with the racing...Keep thinking outside the box Cody!

Forward Bite
10-19-2017, 12:18 AM
So is the Mansfield track a real racy track ? Where do the race car haulers park ?

chupp n bloomer fan
10-19-2017, 04:25 AM
So is the Mansfield track a real racy track ? Where do the race car haulers park ?It showed potential. Outside of the track. They have a I believe paved pit area. Very nice place, guy put millions into it, and then lost it.

kazual
10-19-2017, 05:21 AM
Ingenuity is a good thing. Attended a Wissota event a decade or so back that accepted donations from the fans for the street stock feature. Their names were announced over the PA and challenges were issued to other fans. Fun deal to see the fan enthusiasm, SS main wound up paying somewhere around $3500 that night. I see nothing wrong with this promoter attempting to engage the fans, it’s their choice to participate or not.

hipower17
10-19-2017, 05:56 AM
if you don't like it DON'T GO

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2017, 06:18 AM
if you don't like it DON'T GO

Exactly! The guy is putting up a $100k to win purse and the 4M experts are complaining. He could charge $10 to get in and somebody would still complain that it's too expensive. Some people are just morons.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Exactly! The guy is putting up a $100k to win purse and the 4M experts are complaining. He could charge $10 to get in and somebody would still complain that it's too expensive. Some people are just morons.

Some people are enlightened skeptics.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2017, 08:12 AM
My 2 cents is that if lucas oil (the A league of dlm racing) is willing to put their name on this it says a lot about what they believe in Cody. Also on a side note congrats to izzo on getting a 2 day $25k to win F UMP race. I went to the dome last year and was very happy with the racing...Keep thinking outside the box Cody!

They scheduled at Ponderosa this year. Ray Charles could see it wasn't going to happen. They are not beyond reproach.

highgroove
10-19-2017, 09:13 AM
i can dream up some other great ideas if i can get everyone else to fund the project. Best wishes to those who choose to participate.

anytime you buy a ticket to something you are funding the project...so whats your gripe....i think it's great idea...

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2017, 10:10 AM
anytime you buy a ticket to something you are funding the project...so whats your gripe....i think it's great idea...

Exactly. For every race that any of us have paid to get into we have funded the purse. In the PR it says portions of ticket sales, camping spots, VIP suites, and merch sales go toward the purse as well. That is how every race works, but he's just trying to add some excitement and entice more people to come. It's funny how everyone on here bitches about terrible promoters (rightfully so, usually), so when we have one actually trying to promote people still complain. If you don't want to pitch in anything extra to sponsor the race then don't! That's also how every other race works as well.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Exactly. For every race that any of us have paid to get into we have funded the purse. In the PR it says portions of ticket sales, camping spots, VIP suites, and merch sales go toward the purse as well. That is how every race works, but he's just trying to add some excitement and entice more people to come. It's funny how everyone on here bitches about terrible promoters (rightfully so, usually), so when we have one actually trying to promote people still complain. If you don't want to pitch in anything extra to sponsor the race then don't! That's also how every other race works as well.

Every other race gets those numbers in place and advertises a race. They don't say we might pay X dollars. Calling it the "Dirt Trillion" would be no more or less accurate or misleading.

TerryM
10-19-2017, 01:16 PM
That's semantics. The "million" part, and the "10k to start" are the hot topics. Neither of which are likely going to happen. It's something new -- that and the aforementioned reasons will make it interesting to follow -- but I think it turns out to only be an easy payday for the Lucas guys. Having it sanctioned greatly reduces the excitement level for me (and others I have spoken about it with).

TerryM
10-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Every other race gets those numbers in place and advertises a race. They don't say we might pay X dollars. Calling it the "Dirt Trillion" would be no more or less accurate or misleading.
Also, every other big event is part of the track's season long budget. It's rarely solely dependent on that one weekend. In the rare instances that's not the case, it usually fails after one or two attempts.

HoosierDirtFan
10-19-2017, 02:47 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of money sponsors and fans pony up. Maybe the reason he is trying this is because there are a lot of fans that still talk about the Eldora Million and he realizes that and there might be a market for a big show like this one. He put an interesting twist in how the payout might get to a million. This could be a big hit with fans and sponsors who would like to see another million type show. Like Huskerdirt and another person said no one is holding a gun to your hear to support it or donate to the payout. Before you judge something see how it works out.

mcarter815
10-19-2017, 03:05 PM
Every other race gets those numbers in place and advertises a race. They don't say we might pay X dollars. Calling it the "Dirt Trillion" would be no more or less accurate or misleading.And that model has been failing.

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2017, 05:14 PM

It's not misleading at all. Read the press release and you won't be mislead.

kipling
10-19-2017, 08:01 PM
I question why 50% of extra money raised goes into the winners pay. $100,000 isn't enough already for the winner? Let all the extra money raised go to the 2nd place on back. Including the non transfer drivers and you would have more cars show up.

Krooser
10-19-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm betting the entry fee will be $1000.00 ....you need 250 cars to get $250,000. That takes a lot of pressure off the promoter.

a25rjr
10-19-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm betting the entry fee will be $1000.00 ....you need 250 cars to get $250,000. That takes a lot of pressure off the promoter.

It would be the perfect time to debut that Rocketship....I mean Mastersbilt....you been workin on! :)

MI Dirt Fan
10-19-2017, 09:12 PM
It would be the perfect time to debut that Rocketship....I mean Mastersbilt....you been workin on! :)

The Rocket/GRT/Masters/Pierce/Bloomquist/Victory Circle/Longhorn/Larry Shaw/Kryptonite/Barry Wright/Swartz?????

zeroracing
10-19-2017, 09:44 PM
I would say that the entry fee would be the standard Lucas Oil fee, like $ 125 or $ 150 was what I paid this year.

3 wide
10-20-2017, 05:06 AM
I have been going to dirt track races for over 50 years this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of I got one question who is going to count the money now this could work if it was done another way if you gave the people something special such as seats limited apparels etc you have to separate the people donating money from the people not donating money.I know this is a nice place but I think it is a little of the path for late models it is really in sprint country.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-20-2017, 05:56 AM
I have been going to dirt track races for over 50 years this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of I got one question who is going to count the money now this could work if it was done another way if you gave the people something special such as seats limited apparels etc you have to separate the people donating money from the people not donating money.I know this is a nice place but I think it is a little of the path for late models it is really in sprint country.Mansfield is very central to both lates and sprints. Now the rest of what you said, to each their own.

Josh Bayko
10-20-2017, 06:09 AM
The Rocket/GRT/Masters/Pierce/Bloomquist/Victory Circle/Longhorn/Larry Shaw/Kryptonite/Barry Wright/Swartz?????

A car with the best aspects of each of those chassis would probably be stupid fast if you could get it set up right, lol.

Duke100
10-20-2017, 07:51 AM
A car with the best aspects of each of those chassis would probably be stupid fast if you could get it set up right, lol.It wouldn't be faster than a Rayburn, or is that what it actually is?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-20-2017, 08:15 AM
It wouldn't be faster than a Rayburn, or is that what it actually is?

I like ole CJ, and at one time he was right, but now they are pretty much all Rumley cars.

Josh Bayko
10-20-2017, 08:36 AM
It wouldn't be faster than a Rayburn, or is that what it actually is?

The sport passed CJ by, and his unwillingness to change let that happen. The recent developments are too little too late.

Krooser
10-20-2017, 08:57 AM
I'm going to promote the Obsolete Chassis Driven by Old People Million... Might have a contender in that one.

ptown
10-20-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm going to promote the Obsolete Chassis Driven by Old People Million... Might have a contender in that one.

And just like this million thing lots of dumb people will be sending money without any assurance it will be used like they intended.

tb1545
10-20-2017, 10:43 AM
So take this event for what is guaranteed. 100k to win and 2k to start. That makes it at least a top 3-5 payout show next year regardless of what else happens correct? Does eldora not post purse increased now exceeds $260k or whatever it is every year for the dream and world? Granted they dont advertise it as the $250k world or anything. The rest is honestly a good way to be able to hype the event up and keep promoting the event all the way til it happens. Every joe blow or corporate sponsor above $500 to $1000 will probably get a facebook post talking about it.
If some fan wants to sponsor a provisional for the worst appearing car to take the green flag, who cares, they injected money into the event and into someones racing budget and its still going to come down to the top 5-10 talents in the race.
Now my only issue with this is once you subject yourself to the viral/social media and crowdfunding type crowd, you are also opening up yourself to the trolls and negative types of that crowd even more. Someone is going to spend $10 donating to the purse and then make 500 posts on 20 different social media sites complaining that they didnt get their moneys worth and should have gotten as much attention as the $20k corporate sponsor did.

Highwayman
10-20-2017, 11:36 AM
It says it is a Lucas Event. Sounds like it should be called the Go Fund Me 100.
I'm just glad it 100 laps.

Highwayman
10-20-2017, 11:45 AM
I see your point, but no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to contribute. I really don't see why fans would contribute. I read the info and I don't see the incentive. If I wanted to help a racer, I'd give him the money. Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't make any sense.

Also, saw mention of provisionals that read like it was buying a spot in the field. Not a fan of that.

All in all though, sounds like it will be good for the sport. It's got people talking, so even if it doesn't come close to raising the 1m purse, that's a good thing.
I think I see the angle he's playing, he's trying to make it, "interactive" something kiddies can do with their phones and feel a sense of belonging and accomplishment(so sad). I don't agree with it, but I could see it appealing to the, "Snapchat" generation. The downside is if it goes poorly it could further push away the younger fans that are already in short supply.

Is this the same track that put dirt over asphalt and it came all apart?

Josh Bayko
10-20-2017, 12:05 PM

No, that was Oswego. They cover it with dirt for SDW. Last year it was a disaster, this year it stayed together and was smooth all week.

Mansfield actually ripped up all the asphalt before laying clay.

NY DIRT
10-20-2017, 02:00 PM
No, that was Oswego. They cover it with dirt for SDW. Last year it was a disaster, this year it stayed together and was smooth all week.

Mansfield actually ripped up all the asphalt before laying clay.

Even though it will not happen, After seeing how the track held together this year, I think Oswego Speedway would be the perfect facility to hold the DTWC. Seating for 11,200 people, unlimited camping area, pit area for over 150 cars. And the super dirt week event was run during the afternoon.Could you imagine this track running at night.WOW....

Josh Bayko
10-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Even though it will not happen, After seeing how the track held together this year, I think Oswego Speedway would be the perfect facility to hold the DTWC. Seating for 11,200 people, unlimited camping area, pit area for over 150 cars. And the super dirt week event was run during the afternoon.Could you imagine this track running at night.WOW....

It’s just too far from late model and e-mod country to be feasible. Great facility, but the logistics would be a mess. I think the DTWC would be best served to stay in the OH/WV area.

TS FAN
10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Did someone post the amount of seats at Mansfield? I know one thing about this. It will be the biggest topic (pro/con) even surpassing Bloom Bloom discussions. Well maybe. LOL

mcarter815
10-20-2017, 05:24 PM
I think I see the angle he's playing, he's trying to make it, "interactive" something kiddies can do with their phones and feel a sense of belonging and accomplishment(so sad). I don't agree with it, but I could see it appealing to the, "Snapchat" generation. The downside is if it goes poorly it could further push away the younger fans that are already in short supply.Is this the same track that put dirt over asphalt and it came all apart? Hopefully promoters don’t share your disdain for young people or the sport truly will die.

zeroracing
10-20-2017, 05:47 PM
The idea of fans pitching in is not new. Typically the promoter just raises the ticket prices, makes up the money there. I have seen tracks having “sponsor a lap”, they ask the fans or local business to sponsor a lap, most of the time they do not raise the payout it is just to the promoter.

I don’t see an issue with it, the fans can spend money on it, or not, their call. If nobody spends a dime to help it, the payout is still pretty dang good.

GEAR_HEAD
10-20-2017, 06:31 PM

No, it's not. They had videos on their Facebook page of them removing all the asphalt. Oh, that's right, you don't look at Facebook because you don't know how because you're 90 years old and too busy yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

3 wide
10-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Well earl run for a million and he didn't need no donors tony Stewart runs for a 100 grand ever year.

20fan
10-20-2017, 07:27 PM
No but he was taking little kids money during the kings royal the night he paid $52,000 to win.

GEAR_HEAD
10-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Well earl run for a million and he didn't need no donors tony Stewart runs for a 100 grand ever year.

That's absolutely not true. Eldora has always had track sponsors. You guys are idiots for claiming that tracks shouldn't go after sponsors and extra purse money. You obviously have no idea how businesses or track promoting works.

TS FAN
10-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Earl and Strawberry King. Good donor

Twist'EM Up
10-20-2017, 10:19 PM
I would love to see a "true open tire rule" for the deal hard to bitch about tires when you can bolt on whatever you want..? Imo that would even out the field no disadvantage for local and regional guy's that have tires but can;t use them because of run my tres or don't run rule??? Hell il'l throw 2k in for that

ironboss
10-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Would like to see the race draw a supersized field of cars to race for the supersized purse. Since this is a Lucas series race, their 10-15 racers are already going to take a lot of the starting spots. Mansfield appears to be a track that could handle a larger field so why not start 32, 36, or even 40 cars? Give more drivers a real shot to make the race and go for the money. And then add in a few good paying nonqualifier races so all the cars that do show up know they get to run in some kind of a feature event that weekend.

TerryM
10-21-2017, 12:07 AM
If it stays in the 100K/2K range, the car count likely wouldn't be any different than this year's DTWC. It's almost become just another Lucas-sanctioned crown jewel. It should mean more, but driver interest says otherwise.

The Mansfield purse will have to get at least above that 100K/2K line to draw more than 70-80 cars

3 wide
10-21-2017, 06:01 AM
I know sponsors contribute to races but they are wanting anybody to help fans and everybody it looks like champagne taste on a beer budget to me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-21-2017, 06:07 AM
If it stays in the 100K/2K range, the car count likely wouldn't be any different than this year's DTWC. It's almost become just another Lucas-sanctioned crown jewel. It should mean more, but driver interest says otherwise.

The Mansfield purse will have to get at least above that 100K/2K line to draw more than 70-80 cars

If its a Lucas race, then its just a Lucas race. One where 12 guys don't have to do anything to get in the show.

3 wide
10-21-2017, 06:24 AM
That's half the field it would probably be better if it wasn't sanctioned then you got to race your way in.

Krooser
10-21-2017, 07:37 AM
A25rjr and Mi dirt fan.... I've been banned from Lucas oil competition for having an STP sticker on my car....

Twist'EM Up
10-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Did I step on some ones toes with my opinion? I see my thoughts SHOWED UP MIA

NY DIRT
10-21-2017, 02:59 PM
I would like to see it sanctioned by Lucas but everybody gets 200 points for just showing up. No points for the race and no provisionals . More cars would show up because no Lucas guys are guaranteed to make the field...

formercrewguy
10-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Generally on 4m when threads get over 3 pages, the comments get more retarded. This thread is living up to that fact.

TS FAN
10-21-2017, 04:11 PM
What was your first clue?

Josh Bayko
10-21-2017, 05:50 PM
I would love to see a "true open tire rule" for the deal hard to bitch about tires when you can bolt on whatever you want..? Imo that would even out the field no disadvantage for local and regional guy's that have tires but can;t use them because of run my tres or don't run rule??? Hell il'l throw 2k in for that

The last few Fall Fest races at Challenger in PA were totally open tire for 20k. They used draw some really diverse fields of travelers to em.

over4T
10-21-2017, 06:25 PM
The Nevada Pro Stock Association's tire rule just says 11" wide max period. You see everything from 55's to grooved asphalt slicks to the big Dirt Bozz to some oddball tires somebody found on E Bay. The fields are very competitive and guys run what they can afford in the series that usually pays $1K to win. Right now we're running the IMCA LM spec tire 'cause I got a deal on them and we're most always up near the front. Tire companies contribute nothing to our class anywhere we run so I don't see why we should always be at the mercy of, generally, Hoosier's pricing.

3 wide
10-21-2017, 07:06 PM
We're just getting started I've seen some dump ideas but this tops it I been going to races for 50 years this is the worst idea I've ever seen.

WildBill32
10-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Hmmmmm..... Well 3 wide...(And others) Its a 100.000 grand to win & 2.000 grand to start.(For sure) Maybe, as much as 10.000 grand to start. And you think its a bad idea? Hello... Its a GREAT deal 4 the drivers to make some GREAT cash!(No matter what happens) Ugh... And a VERY good thing 4 the sport. How can anyone not like the idea of the drivers maybe, getting a GREAT payday like this?.... Thats Just my 2-cents on this....

chupp n bloomer fan
10-21-2017, 07:51 PM
The last few Fall Fest races at Challenger in PA were totally open tire for 20k. They used draw some really diverse fields of travelers to em.Challenger was just great all around. Is it just sitting and rotting Josh?

3 wide
10-21-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't have a problem with them running a 100 grand race I have a problem with them begging for money to run a bigger race.They run a 100 grand race ever year at eldora.

a25rjr
10-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Hmmmmm..... Well 3 wide...(And others) Its a 100.000 grand to win & 2.000 grand to start.(For sure) Maybe, as much as 10.000 grand to start. And you think its a bad idea? Hello... Its a GREAT deal 4 the drivers to make some GREAT cash!(No matter what happens) Ugh... And a VERY good thing 4 the sport. How can anyone not like the idea of the drivers maybe, getting a GREAT payday like this?.... Thats Just my 2-cents on this....

Make that 4 cents!

GEAR_HEAD
10-21-2017, 09:35 PM
I don't have a problem with them running a 100 grand race I have a problem with them begging for money to run a bigger race.They run a 100 grand race ever year at eldora.

I know, attaining sponsorship for races is going to kill the sport. Promoters should just pay purses out of their own pockets and let everyone in for free.

Shiny Side Up 18
10-21-2017, 10:01 PM
I don't have a problem with them running a 100 grand race I have a problem with them begging for money to run a bigger race.They run a 100 grand race ever year at eldora.Nobody is "begging". If you don't want to chip in, don't chip in. I think this format is a neat concept. How about instead of crapping all over a new idea, we all give it a chance and see what happens? If it works out, then great. If not, at least they tried something new and different. Let's appreciate the fact that there are still promoters out there that are willing to take risks and think outside the box. Whether it ends up paying $100k or $500k to win, I believe the place will be packed with fans that want to see what could very well be the next big spectacle in our sport. Give it a chance.

buckeyebandit7
10-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Nobody is "begging". If you don't want to chip in, don't chip in. I think this format is a neat concept. How about instead of crapping all over a new idea, we all give it a chance and see what happens? If it works out, then great. If not, at least they tried something new and different. Let's appreciate the fact that there are still promoters out there that are willing to take risks and think outside the box. Whether it ends up paying $100k or $500k to win, I believe the place will be packed with fans that want to see what could very well be the next big spectacle in our sport. Give it a chance.

Where's the like button when it's needed? I want press the like button about 42,000 times for this. All the idiotic comments about begging for money are just that...idiotic.

I think it's a neat idea, new and different. Let's see what happens. If it works, that's fantastic. If it doesn't, at least someone went out on a limb and tried something a little different. Give the whining about begging a rest, please.

BadlandsBandit12
10-22-2017, 03:28 AM
I personally think they scheduled it at the wrong time!!!!