PDA

View Full Version : Big Slider At Kansas, Dirty Racing Or Just Racing

CIRF
10-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Didn't watch the Xfinity race at Kansas today but we watched the highlights and The Baby Faced Assassin AKA Christopher Bell busted off a big slider on his team mate Eric Jones with 4 to go which was the move that won the race.

Jones hit Bell squarely in the rear, Bell had cleared Jones during the slider but Jones didn't like it and said that this isn't dirt racing. That's an understatement. I've watched Bell throw to sliders per lap on dirt many times.

Here's the video. Ya'll can make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCJNTM4DB8

STRONGERTHANDIRT
10-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Jones is a crybaby, he had plenty of time to check up and crossover under Bell. He wrecked himself. If he doesn't like slide jobs and contact, might want to take up golf.

TS FAN
10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Way to go Mr Bell.

93Nelson
10-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Could have done a cross over and probably still won. Poor judgement on his part.

Josh Bayko
10-22-2017, 03:25 PM
That was in no way a dirty move. Eric Jones is an idiot.

gumby_32d
10-22-2017, 03:35 PM
That looked pretty boring. Slide jobs on dirt tracks are far more entertaining.

balljoint
10-22-2017, 06:12 PM
how is it dirty making a guy hit you in the back bumper? he had the lane, up to Jones to let off.

CIRF
10-23-2017, 08:05 AM
So far the consensus is that Jones had nothing to be upset about. I concur 100%.

Christopher Bell is a joy to watch race, especially on the dirt. We watched Christopher put on a show at Macon Speedway last July at the USAC National midget event there that was instant classic, epic, one for the ages and all the other superlatives you can think of. He traveled an hour from Macon to Lincoln Speedway for a USAC National midget event the very next night and drove the same USAC midget and put on a show nearly as good there. He won The Chili Bowl in January as handily as I've ever seen anyone win it. It looked easy for him and we all know a Chili Bowl win is not easy.

We dirt fans are blessed with seeing two of the best dirt drivers ever go from dirt and appear to be just as good in NASCAR. When Larson came alone we thought there won't be another like him again for a while but lo & behold along comes Christopher Bell right on Larson's heels.