PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Lowe Scores First-Career UCRA Win; Boyd's Up Next

Ben Shelton
10-23-2017, 03:46 PM
For Immediate Release
October 23, 2017

Jesse Lowe Scores First-Career UCRA Win; Boyd’s Up Next

Crossville, Tennessee (10/23/17) – Jesse Lowe claimed a career-first over the weekend by taking his Xtreme Pressure Washing #5j Hampton Backhoe Service/ CVR/ Eagle Racing Engine Late Model to Victory Lane with the United Crate Racing Alliance on Friday night.

The inaugural victory came at Crossville Speedway and marked his 23rd of the 2017 season.

On Friday night Jesse Lowe kicked off the United Crate Racing Alliance (UCRA) doubleheader at Crossville Speedway (Crossville, Tennessee), competing in a field of 26 Crate Late Models. After recording the fifth-fastest time in qualifying, Jesse streaked to a heat race victory, earning him the 2nd-starting position for the opening night feature. Working his way into the lead early in the 40-lapper, Lowe held off Anthony White after a late-race restart to capture his 23rd win of the season and a $2,500 payday. White, Cruz Skinner, Josh Henry, and Rod Carroll completed the Top-5 finishers.

Returning on Saturday to chase another $2,500 top prize, Lowe earned the 2nd-starting spot for the feature after starting the night off with a heat race win. Battling for the top spot throughout the A-Main, Jesse dropped back to a 9th-place outing after he and another competitor made contact with just five circuits remaining.

“It was an amazing feeling to get our first UCRA win on Friday night, and while Saturday night wasn’t the finish that we wanted, sometimes that’s just how it goes when you are racing hard for the win,” Lowe said. “I can’t thank my family, my crew, my sponsors, and my fans enough for this incredible season. There’s so many people who have made this happen, and I really appreciate everyone’s hard work.”

Jesse has unofficially claimed the 2017 UCRA Rookie of the Year title and unofficially resides second in the final overall series standings. He’s also collected the 2017 Crossville Speedway Crate Late Model Track Championship.

For more results from the weekend’s events, please visit www.UCRARacing.com .

This Saturday Jesse will chase another big win as he enters the 2nd annual Craig Reece Memorial at Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Georgia). The winner of the Crate Late Model finale will receive $3,500.

For more information on the event, please visit www.BoydsSpeedway.net .

The team also has brand new shirts and hats available for purchase on the Apparel page on the team website at www.5jMotorsports.com .

Jesse Lowe and 5j Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Xtreme Pressure Washing, Hampton Backhoe Service, McBurnett Insurance, Creative Kitchens by Wyatt Builders, Bennett Heating and Cooling, CVR Race Cars, Eagle Racing Engines, Gondola Pizza & Steakhouse, Wyatt Builders, Twisted Metal, AutoZone, Mighty Muffler & Brakes, Crossroads Lawn Care, Dream Racing Technologies, Life-N-Luv Photos, Haircuts by Mel, XS Power Batteries, Strange Oval, Hyperco, Fast Shafts, Velocita, Old Man’s Garage, Butlerbuilt Performance Seat Systems, Vahlco Wheels, Hoosier Tire South, MarTel Sign Company, PPM Racing Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Jesse Lowe, please visit www.5jMotorsports.com as well the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/jesseloweracingupdates and www.twitter.com/LoweRacing5J .