PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Schlenk

BTExpress
10-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Was kind of surprised he showed up last night at Georgetown (De) Speedway. According to the announcer he was debuting a new CJ Rayburn chassis. The fans around me appreciated him making the long tow. The feature is tonight.

thexfactor0210
10-28-2017, 09:27 AM
How did he do last night

BTExpress
10-28-2017, 11:34 AM
All 22 cars qualified for tonight's $5k to win feature.

Zonks32x
10-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Well...so much for all the people that say he doesn't travel. That's a hike for 5k.

TheJet-09
10-28-2017, 03:44 PM
I don't recall anyone saying he doesn't travel. In fact, it's just the opposite, that he travels pretty far at times, passing up shows that were closer to home (and I'm not looking to open up the argument again, just pointing out what has been debated at times).

But, while on the subject, there was an article on DoD in which Rusty went into detail as to why he travels to some of the races he does. A major reason was to show that their new cars are capable of winning at various tracks in various parts of the country, which certainly makes sense from a marketing standpoint. He also explained why the National title is so important to him, not only for the prestige, but to help pay the bills through the winter as he utilizes his earnings while racing to keep racing.

I, as a "naysayer" for sure, greatly appreciated the article and Rusty's explanation of some things, not that he ever had to justify his reasoning behind them. Glad to see he's getting in another race or two before winter.

Srtdodge
10-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Well im sure his new car will be faster then the last. Considering he has ran over 70 races and 40 of those races he finished no worse then a third. He has a lot of talent and im sure he will show that at the world finals in a few more days. I think if they can get a good motor program together i see him running the world of outlaws next year and i know CJ is pushing for that to happen!

BTExpress
10-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Rusty to start 8th in tonight's 40 lap feature.

blncfn57
10-29-2017, 06:58 AM
good motor program together? Isn't he running an ECR engine? I don't think they are exactly junk!!

BTExpress
10-29-2017, 07:42 AM
Rusty started 8th last night. Worked his way into the top 5, encountered some problems and finished 12th. Elliott, Hubbard and Hardy were the top 3.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-29-2017, 09:10 AM
good motor program together? Isn't he running an ECR engine? I don't think they are exactly junk!!

If you don't have the latest wide bore, you might as well forget running a national tour.

MI Dirt Fan
10-29-2017, 10:45 AM

I don't think they are exactly "newer" engines. Someone here said awhile back and not sure if it was true or not but one of them they are running was like 3 or 5 yrs old.

Highside Hustler25
10-29-2017, 10:55 AM
I don't think they are exactly "newer" engines. Someone here said awhile back and not sure if it was true or not but one of them they are running was like 3 or 5 yrs old.

I thought I heard they were getting a new engine for these last few races.

t3r3e3
10-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Reality is Schlenk keeps putting away, year in year out. People want to dog him because he runs an economical schedule that maximizes the chances of staying in the black and taking home a little money to boot. With a shoestring budget compared to all national, most regional, and a fair few local guys, the strategy makes absolute sense. Racing needs more guys like Schlenk to stay viable with the astronomical costs of the latest greatest innovations. He’s out there getting it done with a budget smaller than some modified teams. Don’t knock the guy, respect the shrewdness. Better Rusty have success than the next silver spoon with zero regard for fellow competitors.

ptown
10-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Rusty does what’s best for his race team, more power to him.

Bigdirtfan
10-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Dirt on dirt article stated he used multiple engines this year. I dont know why his fans have to perpetuate this fallacy that he is almost broke. I guess thats how they justify saying hes one of the best drivers in the country, even though hes still looking for first crown jewel START.

HoosierDirtFan
10-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Dirt on dirt article stated he used multiple engines this year. I dont know why his fans have to perpetuate this fallacy that he is almost broke. I guess thats how they justify saying hes one of the best drivers in the country, even though hes still looking for first crown jewel START.

What you don't understand is likely none of the engines where his except maybe the cheapest one.

Bigdirtfan
10-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Start another go fund me i guess then.

Senroc-Systems
10-29-2017, 09:23 PM

Hater's hate and Winner's win......

goincircles
10-30-2017, 10:38 PM
Well...so much for all the people that say he doesn't travel. That's a hike for 5k. Where else is the bone head going?????? I missed him at PRP last week oh that's right competition there lmao

goincircles
10-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Well im sure his new car will be faster then the last. Considering he has ran over 70 races and 40 of those races he finished no worse then a third. He has a lot of talent and im sure he will show that at the world finals in a few more days. I think if they can get a good motor program together i see him running the world of outlaws next year and i know CJ is pushing for that to happen!

LMAO No chance he is frickin too hard on equipment he cant even make it through a season without barrowing cars motors doing go fund me (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) like that you are very delusional

Jim11h
10-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Comments like this irritate me for simple fact of money. If I had car together and you sent me $2500 to race a weekend I'd show but if knowingly on my dime with provisions, lack of track surface & knowledge would not spend my $2500 with a 15% at best chance of making show. Racing is a business and teams have to look at it that way or their outta business. Why everyone think we keep losing more teams than gaining???

NormP
10-30-2017, 11:10 PM
The way some of you kids keep whining about him non-stop I'd assume he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed your girlfriend or something.

ThebigE
10-31-2017, 06:06 AM
He made it through this year without a go fund me page and won the UMP points. And it wasn't Rusty who started the go fund me page a couple of years ago either.

Srtdodge
10-31-2017, 05:55 PM
You haters will be real suprised to hear that the 91 car he drove to victory lane the first night of summernationals racing at Oakshade has an engine that was Matt Millers first aluminum engine that is over 10 plus years old that Kercher keeps putting back together for Rusty...so if he had the new wide bore motors instead of 21 wins and 40 plus top 3 his stats might even be bigger...and just like Davenport when Rusty drives your car you can be pretty sure he is parking it in Victory Lane for you!!!

Clayton_Wetter
10-31-2017, 06:37 PM
Is that you Rusty? :)

Highside Hustler25
10-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Is that you Rusty? :)

Please log off:)

Senroc-Systems
10-31-2017, 09:48 PM
You haters will be real suprised to hear that the 91 car he drove to victory lane the first night of summernationals racing at Oakshade has an engine that was Matt Millers first aluminum engine that is over 10 plus years old that Kercher keeps putting back together for Rusty...so if he had the new wide bore motors instead of 21 wins and 40 plus top 3 his stats might even be bigger...and just like Davenport when Rusty drives your car you can be pretty sure he is parking it in Victory Lane for you!!!

Easy Killer.......... He didn't win on Friday night Oakshade SN's, he came up 8 laps short, finished 2nd to Bobby Pierce.

Anyone who knows anything about DLM racing knows Rusty Schlenk can flat out wheel a DLM.

The beauty of it is he's only 31 years old and his program is getting better, consistently, year after year.

Just for the Hater's and Dumb A$$es. He went to Georgetown to shake down a new car before Charlotte this weekend. Yep, he's dodging the competition again.

It's only a matter of time until he lands his a$$ in A-Level equipment.

It's going to be great......

TheJet-09
10-31-2017, 11:17 PM
So I'll bite and consider myself a hater, and most certainly a dumba$$, but for argument sake, every year it seems to be the same story regarding Rusty: "Just wait!" "Just wait till he gets better equipment!" My question to the supporters would be: "If he deserved better equipment, wouldn't he have it by now?" I mean, what more does he need to do? Win three national titles? Win 30 or 40 times a year?

While I couldn't name them, from what I see in passing there are a number of quality teams (at least equipment wise) that have a virtual revolving door of drivers, yet never Rusty? Shirley found a ride for this weekend, but doesn't need one (or at least he doesn't need better equipment). I just wonder if there's more to it? Has he turned down rides to remain his own boss?

I know he has a number of loyal, passionate fans, many who post on here, and I'm not trying to insult the man or his fans, but I'm sure I'll hear it. With that, I agree to tap out in 3...2...1...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-01-2017, 08:09 AM
So I'll bite and consider myself a hater, and most certainly a dumba$$, but for argument sake, every year it seems to be the same story regarding Rusty: "Just wait!" "Just wait till he gets better equipment!" My question to the supporters would be: "If he deserved better equipment, wouldn't he have it by now?" I mean, what more does he need to do? Win three national titles? Win 30 or 40 times a year?

While I couldn't name them, from what I see in passing there are a number of quality teams (at least equipment wise) that have a virtual revolving door of drivers, yet never Rusty? Shirley found a ride for this weekend, but doesn't need one (or at least he doesn't need better equipment). I just wonder if there's more to it? Has he turned down rides to remain his own boss?

I know he has a number of loyal, passionate fans, many who post on here, and I'm not trying to insult the man or his fans, but I'm sure I'll hear it. With that, I agree to tap out in 3...2...1...

Plenty of really good drivers waiting on the phone to ring.

Kromulous
11-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Why does he have to land a quality ride? i dont get people's thinking anymore, its like your waiting for hand out all the dam time.

Build you own TEAM ! Run your own stuff, build you own cars !

GDam welfare mentality is taking over Effing DLM racing !

Just maybe, and i hope so, he has some pride and wants to build his own operation and one day win all the Crown Jewels !

Highside Hustler25
11-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Rusty Schlenk must be the second coming of Bloomer. Whenever his name is mentioned, the 4m flashing lights turn on.

fastford
11-01-2017, 11:16 AM
Why does he have to land a quality ride? i dont get people's thinking anymore, its like your waiting for hand out all the dam time.

Build you own TEAM ! Run your own stuff, build you own cars !

GDam welfare mentality is taking over Effing DLM racing !

Just maybe, and i hope so, he has some pride and wants to build his own operation and one day win all the Crown Jewels !

i agree with you 100% , i dont even know this guy personally but the more i read about him , the more i like him , always thought a lot of CJ and i,m kinda in the same boat as rusty......

Clayton_Wetter
11-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Please log off:)

After you Maam!!!! :)

Clayton_Wetter
11-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Rusty Schlenk must be the second coming of Bloomer. Whenever his name is mentioned, the 4m flashing lights turn on.

Please log off!!!! :):)

MI Dirt Fan
11-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Please log off!!!! :):)

I wish a few people would...lol

Barbecueboy
11-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Guy just seems to love to race.....and is pretty good at it.

What exactly seems to be the problem?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-01-2017, 09:06 PM
I wish a few people would...lol

You included!

pink floyd
11-02-2017, 05:03 AM

people have always been jealous of him for whatever reason. I think it's because he wins too much, and he does it his way. i'm a fan!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-02-2017, 06:16 AM

What exactly seems to be the problem?I don’t see the issue either. I mean, if I was paying the bills and his fuel, then I might have an issue with some of his trips. But I’m not, he runs well, especially for having a lower budget, and doesn’t have a reputation of racing dirty. So who cares where he races if you aren’t paying his bills.

JabberJaws83
11-02-2017, 06:42 AM

I agree. The division is losing more drivers every year it seems and could use more guys like Rusty. Instead people bash the man for how he runs his operation or bash the people who support the way he runs his operation.

Barbecueboy
11-02-2017, 07:01 AM
people have always been jealous of him for whatever reason. I think it's because he wins too much, and he does it his way. i'm a fan!

I'm a fan .......

ThebigE
11-02-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm a fan!

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-02-2017, 09:39 AM
I am a fan too. Easy guy to talk to. Will show you anything on his car instead of tackling you for a loss. lol

old17ford
11-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Dont know the man but am a fan too!

Barbecueboy
11-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Only thing negative I can say about him is litey is his fan too........other than that I got nothin.

goincircles
11-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Id like to have the money he uses for the hauler just running from competition

goincircles
11-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Dirt on dirt article stated he used multiple engines this year. I dont know why his fans have to perpetuate this fallacy that he is almost broke. I guess thats how they justify saying hes one of the best drivers in the country, even though hes still looking for first crown jewel START. He will never win a crown jewel because you have to show up where there racing again he will pull by two tracks paying more to go where the completion is absent

goincircles
11-02-2017, 04:04 PM

The go fund me thing might not happen again since the rumor is he used the last Go Fund Me for a down payment on a ice cream parlor.

Clayton_Wetter
11-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Maybe he's a nice guy but......... coming to a regular UMP race at a track with a weak field near you!!!:)

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Maybe he's a nice guy but......... coming to a regular UMP race at a track with a weak field near you!!!:)

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Clayton_Wetter
11-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

No hate intended, just an observation.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Russ Petro, and Don Hobbs done this a lot in the 80's. What's different today?

Clayton_Wetter
11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
So you agree. :)

President Clinton
11-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Rusty seems pretty quick at Charlotte!

zyoung25
11-02-2017, 06:21 PM
He will never win a crown jewel because you have to show up where there racing again he will pull by two tracks paying more to go where the completion is absent

You're about as sad ptown, never have anything positive to say about anyone.

There will be a lot of very good regional drivers that will never make or win a "crown jewel." Does that make them any less competitive? In my opinion, NO.

ptown
11-02-2017, 07:19 PM
You're about as sad ptown, never have anything positive to say about anyone.

Check post number 14 you illiterate dirtbag.....🖕

Srtdodge
11-02-2017, 07:21 PM
So much for not wanting to race the real competition...maybe he should of got the ride instead of Shirley!!! Or maybe not.....

Srtdodge
11-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Not much more needs to be said!

Clayton_Wetter
11-02-2017, 07:36 PM
So much for not wanting to race the real competition...maybe he should of got the ride instead of Shirley!!! Or maybe not.....

The UMP point season is over and is there a race closer in November. lol

zyoung25
11-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Check post number 14 you illiterate dirtbag.....

You are sad. Unlike you, I don't make fun of a sick cancer patient....dirtbag. Back to ya 🖕

HoosierDirtFan
11-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Rusty just qualified 6th in Group A
Outside front row of heat #3 tomorrow night

SHOE32
11-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Qualified 10th overall out of 75. Pretty good.

JK4745
11-03-2017, 06:16 AM
All I'm hearing is crickets. Where's all the haters at now? I'm talking to you go in circle jerk and big d!ck fan.

00Hdmn
11-03-2017, 08:08 AM
All I'm hearing is crickets. Where's all the haters at now? I'm talking to you go in circle jerk and big d!ck fan.

You and all his fans are the reason I can not stand him, he qualifies good and here we go. He runs top 5 in the one of features now that's something to brag about. If you all would just STFU about it and let him race and do his thing it would be a lot better. Just to make it clear I am not one of the hatters that is always on him for the schedule he runs, I think its all up to him what he does and its great how he does it but for crying out loud enough with poor ole Rusty not getting enough respect. It is great to see him down there racing though, two thumbs up to him for going.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-03-2017, 10:27 AM
You and all his fans are the reason I can not stand him, he qualifies good and here we go. He runs top 5 in the one of features now that's something to brag about. If you all would just STFU about it and let him race and do his thing it would be a lot better. Just to make it clear I am not one of the hatters that is always on him for the schedule he runs, I think its all up to him what he does and its great how he does it but for crying out loud enough with poor ole Rusty not getting enough respect. It is great to see him down there racing though, two thumbs up to him for going.Pretty well said.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2017, 11:25 AM
You and all his fans are the reason I can not stand him, he qualifies good and here we go. He runs top 5 in the one of features now that's something to brag about. If you all would just STFU about it and let him race and do his thing it would be a lot better. Just to make it clear I am not one of the hatters that is always on him for the schedule he runs, I think its all up to him what he does and its great how he does it but for crying out loud enough with poor ole Rusty not getting enough respect. It is great to see him down there racing though, two thumbs up to him for going.

Ohio state football....Bobby pierce....two other great examples of fan based depreciation of their accomplishments.

The people that are actually playing or racing are good at it and more than tolerable....their fans, not so much.

ThebigE
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Browns fans, Steelers fans, Bloomer fans, Cardinals fans etc...... They all suck :)

TackyTracker
11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
wait there are browns fans??

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2017, 02:54 PM
wait there are browns fans??

Always been a heavily supported team. That is starting to degrade now, though.

bullring
11-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Bragging about qualifying on a dirt track is ridiculous. Everybody knows conditions change throughout the cycle Let's wait until races are over Saturday night and then we'll see where he sits among real racers

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Bragging about qualifying on a dirt track is ridiculous. Everybody knows conditions change throughout the cycle Let's wait until races are over Saturday night and then we'll see where he sits among real racers

Regardless of his result this weekend, I assure you, the dude is a real racer. A real racer works on their stuff and finds a way to succeed.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Browns fans, Steelers fans, Bloomer fans, Cardinals fans etc...... They all suck :)And you’re still a dumba$$.:)

President Clinton
11-03-2017, 06:20 PM
I seen Rusty ran 4th in his heat, same as Madden in his heat. He’s doing pretty good it seems?

blncfn57
11-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Ohio state football....Bobby pierce....two other great examples of fan based depreciation of their accomplishments.

The people that are actually playing or racing are good at it and more than tolerable....their fans, not so much.

Packer fans and Cardinal fans have a way of creating hate for their team by the way they act also.

Krooser
11-03-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm a fan of Rusty and Curly Lambeau

Bigdirtfan
11-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Some one is hearing crickets. Where did rusty start in the feature? Haha too funny and no ump track paying $800 to win nearby. Any thoughts on who is getting their rear end kicked again tomorrow. The 91 sucks, end of story. Come on oakshade schedule a november race.

Jim11h
11-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Where did carpenters finish, ruhlmans, pierces, feger, etc.... The list could go on. Did you really think he'd make show? Events like this take a lotta things and some of that is luck. Personally I read on here often of folks bragging about their drives from down south and some impress but some don't. Why get stupid cause some fans brag about their regular from up north? Don't see anyone dogging Ferguson for not changing water pumps and racing but you dog schlenk for racing and not making show (dropped out in b-main), what's difference?? Hell where's carrier Jr, Greg Johnson, Billy Moyer etc? Some of this crap on hear is just stupid and senseless. Let's look at facts, schlenk owns a ump national championship. Bloomquist owns a summer Nat's championship. Pierce owns both as well as a n/s win. All these drivers race for a purpose and it's about wins and money. Least up here we see racing. We get hotlaps, qualifying, heats, b-mains (on occasion), and A-mains. That's a lot of racing in one night to prove how good a driver is and also a driver to use to make himself better but some will never understand until they've witnessed it

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2017, 12:31 AM
Do you walk to work or take your lunch?

We see u do neither of the above as you put your work boot on top of your food stamps pal

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2017, 12:53 AM
We? Lol, got a mouse in your pocket? Colors! Hahahahahahaa

You got a hole in your pocket for pool?

Swampy121
11-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Look who finished 3rd in his heat. Not bad

SHOE32
11-04-2017, 06:02 PM
To all the people saying how schlenk dodges competition,here's a little note for you, rusty is in the world finals A-main. Meanwhile Billy Moyer and Billy Jr are hiding out at another track cherry picking. END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

bullring
11-04-2017, 08:17 PM
To all the people saying how schlenk dodges competition,here's a little note for you, rusty is in the world finals A-main. Meanwhile Billy Moyer and Billy Jr are hiding out at another track cherry picking. END OF DISCUSSION!!!!

Did they drive past Charlotte and travel another 2 hours to do so?

MI Dirt Fan
11-04-2017, 09:34 PM
If they were racing for $2k somewhere not $7500 then they might be "Cherry picking."

SHOE32
11-04-2017, 10:02 PM
You all wanna compare Moyer to Bloomer but yet it's ok for him to skip shows like this,gimme a break.

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-05-2017, 01:22 AM
You all wanna compare Moyer to Bloomer but yet it's ok for him to skip shows like this,gimme a break.

To be fair Moyer was injured at Charlotte a few years ago...