PDA

View Full Version : 2017 was 'The Year of the Rocket Chassis' on the national tours

Returning to Dirt
11-01-2017, 07:02 PM
http://insidedirtracing.com/2017-was-the-year-of-the-rocket-chassis-on-the-national-tours/

Two national tour championships and scores of feature wins in 2017 for Rocket

Centeroff
11-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Mark Richards needs to thank base fuels for vapor lock because they would only have one title and that would be in the WOO. That’s racing but I’ll lay odds the zero gets it some next season. Factor in 10 rockets to every other chassis brand and I like those odds!

seminole939913
11-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Why would Richards need to thank Base fuels? Bloomquist made the "choice" to use Base, and when it vapor locked, he "chose" to use it again, and when it vapor locked again, he "chose" to use it again. Richards had nothing to do with what fuel was run in the Zero car. Both Scott and Josh had great seasons but, at the end of the day, Josh earned more points and won the championship.

Bob Hubbard
11-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Funny stuff right there ......

Kwd1253
11-02-2017, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't say Scott going win it next year. Lucas tour is getting stacked with top talent drivers and teams year by year. Would love see Marlar and Overton jump on one the national tour. They would throw big time wrench in a tour. Not saying they would win the championship, but they could spread points out at different tracks through the season.

Bubstr
11-02-2017, 07:58 AM
The Bloomer fans can make all the excuses they want about why he didn't win the championship, but remember the excuse is the first step to losing the next championship.

Duke100
11-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Except Longhorn won 2 races for 50K, Bloomquist won The Dream and The Topless, Pierce won The Show Me, and O'Neal won Cedar Lake. Yeah it was their year alright.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Except Longhorn won 2 races for 50K, Bloomquist won The Dream and The Topless, Pierce won The Show Me, and O'Neal won Cedar Lake. Yeah it was their year alright.

Not a fan of the Shinnston bunch, but yes, it was their year. About as good as it gets.

zyoung25
11-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Face it, Scott wasnt good enough this year.

dirtcrazy4u
11-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Mark should thank Base fuels ? You can't be serious ? Do any of you understand what top teams pay for a barrel of fuel ? So if Base is one of scott's sponsors which I believe they are, they probably were trying a new mix and it backfired on them. Let's give credit were it is due. Rocket was a lot more professional in there approach to the season. Scott missing hot laps and heat races, showing up late, a crew of wanna b's that he has to direct there every move. He just needs to look in the mirror and he'll see why he lost the championship this year. I like the guy, I liked the championship going down to the last race. But, you can't have that type of approach and be behind the 8 ball as soon as the trailer door comes down. Nobody to blame but himself.

MI Dirt Fan
11-02-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think they'd "try a new mix" and give it to Scott fking Bloomquist to use first.

fastford
11-02-2017, 10:35 AM
surly that 8 ball didnt get him again...LOL....referring to post 10.......

Duke100
11-02-2017, 03:59 PM
I don't think they'd "try a new mix" and give it to Scott fking Bloomquist to use first.Im surprised no one has come up with the way way out there conspiracy on those fuel pumps.

seminole939913
11-02-2017, 04:21 PM
I thought the remarks from him during the span of races that he was having vapor locking issues were directed more towards the fuel pumps, not the fuel. I am sure Scott is not the only driver running Base fuel but yet he was the only one with vapor locking issues.

a25rjr
11-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Face it, Scott wasnt good enough this year.

Really?........a $19.95 sponsorship from Timex would have won him the championship, easily!

klemmabyna
11-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Centeroff: excuses, excuses, excuses....

No Weak Links

Right Brother Bloomer???

How'd he like that a$$ kickin???

you were told long ago that Josh was the answer to the question. maybe take some notes next time!

LMAO!!!!

Duke100
11-02-2017, 07:09 PM
I believe Bloomer won the money list when you add in The Dream and last weeks win. That's the championship everyone seems to be going for. Vapor lock and ignition problems are almost out of your control. It was a great championship battle, the way NASCAR used to be when every race meant something.

nuff said
11-02-2017, 08:37 PM
If there are 10 Rockets to every 1 other chassis brand in the field there must be a reason for it.They are selling more cars and that's the goal.This years results shouldn't hurt sales.

Krooser
11-03-2017, 12:28 AM
I just picked up a new Rocket chassis...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZKxwc8TZZus/Ue_XxaWjABI/AAAAAAAAUi0/9AafeeG7q-U/s640/coy2.jpg

chupp n bloomer fan
11-03-2017, 02:02 AM
The Bloomer fans can make all the excuses they want about why he didn't win the championship, but remember the excuse is the first step to losing the next championship.Lol, the fact y’all take Centeroff serious is the first step in justifying your chubby’s for Bloomer. The main issue with Bloomer is the three ring circus he’s got going on.