PDA

View Full Version : WOO, Lucas and UMP 2018

waaac77
11-07-2017, 11:46 AM
I know it’s early but what tour will everyone run next year? Here’s what I think it will look like with my predicted points finish for 2018...

Outlaws
Chris Madden
Josh Richards
Brandon Sheppard
Billy Moyer Jr
Devin Moran
Shane Clanton
Rick Eckert
Frank Heckenast Jr
Tyler Erb
Chub Frank
Morgan Bagley
Brent Larson
Eric Wells
Donald MacIntosh

Lucas Oal
Scott Bloomquist
Jonathan Davenport
Darrell Lanigan
Jimmy Owens
Tim McCreadie
Hudson O’Neal
Earl Pearson Jr
Don O’Neal
Steve Francis
Gregg Satterlee
Boom Briggs

UMP HellTour
Dennis Erb Jr
Bobby Pierce
Jason Feger
Shannon Babb
Ryan Unzicker

PRCKartRacer9
11-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Chris's Madden isn't going to beat both Richards and BShepp on the outlaws. For one, Richards isn't going to be running and no one is going to dethrone MRR. JMO

ThebigE
11-07-2017, 12:11 PM
^^^^Agreed

Pennsboro23
11-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Agreed^^^^

MI Dirt Fan
11-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Where and when did the news come out Richards was going back to WoO?

I don't think Moyer Jr. will run WoO next year. He is engaged to get married and has a baby due in april

i-pod
11-07-2017, 12:50 PM
I thought this past year was chub’s last years running with the outlaws?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-07-2017, 12:56 PM
How many races are you predicting Don O'Neal miss due to injury?

bradc
11-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Last I heard Eric wells was leaning towards not following woo next year

00Hdmn
11-07-2017, 01:07 PM
I think this was a speculation and predictions thread.... I don't see Richards jumping to WoO after winning the title, if he does I don't know what I would say, he has to try and defend it!!!

Josh Bayko
11-07-2017, 01:08 PM
It was Chub’s last year on tour. I’m pretty sure Heckenast and Wells are done with the WoO as well.

Cardirt0
11-07-2017, 01:45 PM
I think Erb is going to WoO

huskerdirt
11-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I love these threads.

Chub made it sound at the banquet he’s done racing on the tour.

Pennsboro23
11-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Where did you watch the banquet from? I've been wanting to watch it, not out on DirtonDirt yet.

ptown
11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
I think Erb is going to WoO

If this is true good move on he’s part, I think WOO fits his type of operation way better than Lucas.

W2Racing09
11-07-2017, 03:08 PM
If this is a straight up speculation thread then here is mine:

WoO:
1. Sheppard
2. Moran
3. Clanton
4. M. Ziegler
5. T. Erb
(Madden drops off tour to run regional and make more money, M. Ziegler joins tour)

Lucas:
1. Richards
2. Davenport
3. T-Mac
4. Bloomquist
5. H. O'Neal
(Satterlee, Erb, Francis drop off tour, Donald McIntosh and Nick Hoffman race for ROY)

Hell Tour:
Bobby Pierce
Billy Moyer Jr.
Dennis Erb

Probably more dreaming than anything, would love to see Satterlee back racing here in PA mostly, and would be great to see some more talent join the LOLMDS. WoO needs another good driver or two, and Mason Ziegler would fill that gap and be an exciting young driver. Madden would be a big loss for them, but I think he is better off running regional shows and being one of the top guys there. I just can't see hauling up to North Dakota or wherever from SC when he could run just as many races in the South, be closer to his family and probably be more successful. He does not really have anything to prove to anyone IMO.

McIntosh joining the LOLMDS would be great, not sure how it would happen but its not out of the realm of possibility. He is a wheelman, and there are still owners out there looking to put guys on the National tour. How about driving for new car owner Steve Francis?? haha

huskerdirt
11-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Where did you watch the banquet from? I've been wanting to watch it, not out on DirtonDirt yet.

WoOs twitter had a quote from Chub.

“........ I’m gonna miss going up and down the road with these guys.”

Ryan21mid
11-07-2017, 04:26 PM
My opinions:

Ziegler wouldn't last a month on tour. Way too inconsistent.
Wouldn't surprise me to see BMJ not racing much, he's due to become a family man.
Francis and Chub are both done touring.
Nick Hoffman won't be touring either, he makes way too much money racing and selling his modifieds. Plus I don't think the Jones team wants to race that much.
Wells would be better suited to run regionally, he can't be having any fun or making any money.
It's about time for Frankie to put up or shut up, the equipment and experience is there, time to take the next step.
With fresh equipment, Terbo makes a run for WoO runner-up behind Sheppy and wins several races.
Be interesting to see if Lanigan continues to settle for mediocrity with CBR.

No_Weak_Links
11-07-2017, 06:22 PM
If this is a straight up speculation thread then here is mine:WoO:1. Sheppard2. Moran3. Clanton4. M. Ziegler5. T. Erb(Madden drops off tour to run regional and make more money, M. Ziegler joins tour)Lucas:1. Richards2. Davenport3. T-Mac4. Bloomquist5. H. O'Neal(Satterlee, Erb, Francis drop off tour, Donald McIntosh and Nick Hoffman race for ROY)Hell Tour:Bobby PierceBilly Moyer Jr.Dennis ErbProbably more dreaming than anything, would love to see Satterlee back racing here in PA mostly, and would be great to see some more talent join the LOLMDS. WoO needs another good driver or two, and Mason Ziegler would fill that gap and be an exciting young driver. Madden would be a big loss for them, but I think he is better off running regional shows and being one of the top guys there. I just can't see hauling up to North Dakota or wherever from SC when he could run just as many races in the South, be closer to his family and probably be more successful. He does not really have anything to prove to anyone IMO.McIntosh joining the LOLMDS would be great, not sure how it would happen but its not out of the realm of possibility. He is a wheelman, and there are still owners out there looking to put guys on the National tour. How about driving for new car owner Steve Francis?? hahaI don't see Madden's car going from black to red and being plastered with longhorn decals to just to get off WOO tour.

dirt junkie
11-07-2017, 07:21 PM
While we're dreaming...let's put all 3 series together starting at Eldora in June. Run 3-4 nights a week on bullrings like the hell tour is now. Have some weeks that have fewer races to let the guys work on their stuff. Mix your Crown Jewels into the schedule as well. Close it out at Eldora the second weekend of September

Can I get a hell yeah?!?!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Where and when did the news come out Richards was going back to WoO?

I don't think Moyer Jr. will run WoO next year. He is engaged to get married and has a baby due in aprilMoyer Jr. won’t run WoO or Lucas, that’s competition.

HoosierDirtFan
11-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Shot called across the eye brow at jr.

Krooser
11-07-2017, 08:36 PM
I'll be running the WoO... Worn out Oldb*stards series....

Sniper
11-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Essex announced at Portsmouth that Kyle Bronson will be running Lucas Oil next year.

Illtsate32
11-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Lucas Oil Tour: 1. Pierce 2. JD 3.Richards 4. T Mac 5. H Oneal. Woo if Bobby runs 1. Pierce 2 Sheppard 3 Madden 4 Moran 5 Erb

Zonks32x
11-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Lucas
Safe bets: Richards, JD, O'Neal & Son, T-Mac, Lanigan, EPJ, Owens
Likely: Satterlee, Bloomer (you never know...Scott runs to his own beat)
Apparently: Bronson
??? Erb Jr., Briggs, Simpson

WoO
Safe bets: BShepp, Moran, Madden, Clanton, Tyler Erb, Eckert
??? Heckenast, Shirley, Wells
Possible: Brent Larson, Erb Jr., Gardner
Headline News: Pierce, Donny Schatz, Overton

Doubtful:
Ziegler to Lucas
Richards back to WoO
Pierce & Bloomer team up in Lucas
Feger to WoO in Moyer "house" car
Schlenk to WoO in CJ's "house" car

old_wedge_nut
11-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Lucas Oil Tour: 1. Pierce 2. JD 3.Richards 4. T Mac 5. H Oneal. Woo if Bobby runs 1. Pierce 2 Sheppard 3 Madden 4 Moran 5 Erb I think this thread was for predicting the points results and not listing who sells the most offensive and obnoxious t-shirts.

slmcrewchief99
11-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Lucas Oil Tour: 1. Pierce 2. JD 3.Richards 4. T Mac 5. H Oneal. Woo if Bobby runs 1. Pierce 2 Sheppard 3 Madden 4 Moran 5 Erb

I hope you apologized to Litey's sidewalk when you fell and cracked your head on it. LOL

Swampy121
11-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Lucas Oil Tour: 1. Pierce 2. JD 3.Richards 4. T Mac 5. H Oneal. Woo if Bobby runs 1. Pierce 2 Sheppard 3 Madden 4 Moran 5 Erb That's a good way for booby to throw away all the money he made cherry picking. Can't see his car lasting through a Lucas tour.

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 12:05 AM

Forgot Bloomquist.

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2017, 07:16 AM

WoO > if Bobby runs...

I highly doubt it happens but if it does, I will bet you any, and I mean ANY amount of $$ He will not win the WoO title. Not a chance.

Illtsate32
11-08-2017, 08:45 AM
WoO > if Bobby runs...I highly doubt it happens but if it does, I will bet you any, and I mean ANY amount of $$ He will not win the WoO title. Not a chance.I wouldnt bet against the #1 Rocket either..whens the last time the Rocket house car ran a full tour and didnt win it? Its been a while I know that...

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 09:08 AM
I wouldnt bet against the #1 Rocket either..whens the last time the Rocket house car ran a full tour and didnt win it? Its been a while I know that...

2015?????? I dunno.

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2017, 09:18 AM
2015?????? I dunno.

LOL:DYup, and you have to go back to probably 2005 when Billy Moyer won for the next one.

11 Titles in the last 12 years for Rocket on the WoO tour.

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 09:32 AM
2014. Eckert was in the house car that year? Runner up to Lanigan

2011 Eckert won the series and Richards was runner up

zyoung25
11-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Eckert won the title in 2011. Josh had a flat at Charlotte costing him the title that year.

W2Racing09
11-08-2017, 10:11 AM
LOL:DYup, and you have to go back to probably 2005 when Billy Moyer won for the next one.

11 Titles in the last 12 years for Rocket on the WoO tour.

Was T-Mac in a Warrior when he won it in 06?, then Eckert in a Bloomquist in 11, then Lanigan in a Club 29 in 14' and Clanton in a Capital in 15'.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Was T-Mac in a Warrior when he won it in 06?, then Eckert in a Bloomquist in 11, then Lanigan in a Club 29 in 14' and Clanton in a Capital in 15'.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I think Tim was in a Rocket then.
You could be right on Eckert
I don't think Lanigan won his in a Club 29. He went to his chassis after winning the title in a Rocket. It was the year he set the record with wins I believe.

Either way, Rocket race cars have ruled the WoO series for a long time.

W2Racing09
11-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I think Tim was in a Rocket then.
You could be right on Eckert
I don't think Lanigan won his in a Club 29. He went to his chassis after winning the title in a Rocket. It was the year he set the record with wins I believe.

Either way, Rocket race cars have ruled the WoO series for a long time.

I'm pretty sure the championship in 14 was when he was in a Club car. Here is a picture of his win in 2014 at Big Diamond, you can see the spoiler says Club 29 Race Cars. I wish it was a Rocket though, I used to like seeing Lanigan in Rockets! http://republicanherald.com/polopoly_fs/1.1709308!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_700/image.jpg

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2017, 11:02 AM
You're right Jeff. Went back and did a little looking. It was a Club car. I didn't remember one ever being that good. Maybe because they've been mediocre for so long.

W2Racing09
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
You're right Jeff. Went back and did a little looking. It was a Club car. I didn't remember one ever being that good. Maybe because they've been mediocre for so long.

I can't argue that. I remember the first season they were quick right out of the gate, Jimmy Owens switched to one part way through the season even and I believe Lanigan and Owens split the World Finals that season, both in Club cars. After that they kind of died out, Clanton went on a tear in Speedweeks and Lanigan ended up dropping off the WoO tour early on in the season. They have not really helped anyone get to victory lane since, every time someone wins in a Club car I consider it to be in spite of the car. Lanigan could go right back to being one of the big guys in DLM racing if he would get into a Longhorn, or Rocket IMO.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2017, 11:30 AM
2013 was the debut of Club 29 chassis.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2017, 11:34 AM
I can't argue that. I remember the first season they were quick right out of the gate, Jimmy Owens switched to one part way through the season even and I believe Lanigan and Owens split the World Finals that season, both in Club cars. After that they kind of died out, Clanton went on a tear in Speedweeks and Lanigan ended up dropping off the WoO tour early on in the season. They have not really helped anyone get to victory lane since, every time someone wins in a Club car I consider it to be in spite of the car. Lanigan could go right back to being one of the big guys in DLM racing if he would get into a Longhorn, or Rocket IMO.

What about his teammate? He out performs Lanigan now. And probably has spent about 2 years of his whole career in the car to have at the time.

W2Racing09
11-08-2017, 11:46 AM
What about his teammate? He out performs Lanigan now. And probably has spent about 2 years of his whole career in the car to have at the time.

He outperforms Lanigan now, but when Lanigan was in a Rocket he was tough to beat. That said there are plenty of guys toiling around in Club/BD cars that could probably do a lot better in some more competitive rides. I'd say Dennis Erb, Hudson O'Neal and Don O'Neal along with Lanigan all come to mind immediately.

TackyTracker
11-08-2017, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see Bobby run a National tour but I just don't see it happening right now... They have to much around the house to race for and make some $$$

maybe someday a sponsor steps up and the kid will get his shot

Illtsate32
11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Bobby just said today they are running the same type of schedule next year as this year...I don't think they will ever run a tour on family $...I'd like to see him cut loose on the free market no family involvement hop in a top notch ride and see what he can do...nothing against Bob he's a hall of famer but if he can't foot the bill...

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Devin Moran has his Rocket for sale. 2017 Rocket xr1 46 races for $25k Says roller minus seat shocks, wheels, rims, drive train, dry sump. $70k turnkey minus seat.

Eckert has both 16' and 17' Longhorns for sale...

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Who was driving this ride?

https://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/182958426/2017-ROCKET-XR1-Super-Late-Model.html?page=8&categoryId=68&offset=75

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Who was driving this ride?

https://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/182958426/2017-ROCKET-XR1-Super-Late-Model.html?page=8&categoryId=68&offset=75

Jeff Babc0ck

MI Dirt Fan
11-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Jeff Babc0ck

Thanks. Thought so. There was one on there, it was a Pierce by stuckey?

#FALSuperman
11-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Bobby just said today they are running the same type of schedule next year as this year...I don't think they will ever run a tour on family $...I'd like to see him cut loose on the free market no family involvement hop in a top notch ride and see what he can do...nothing against Bob he's a hall of famer but if he can't foot the bill...Bobby has an incredible security blanket where he sits right now. I don't think he leaves that cocoon for some time still.

Josh Bayko
11-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Devin Moran has his Rocket for sale. 2017 Rocket xr1 46 races for $25k Says roller minus seat shocks, wheels, rims, drive train, dry sump. $70k turnkey minus seat.

Eckert has both 16' and 17' Longhorns for sale...

It's almost like teams get new stuff and sell off the old every year.

Cardirt0
11-09-2017, 08:48 AM
It's almost like teams get new stuff and sell off the old every year.

Car thats new flexes better then a old car... I think the cars of to day dont last as long as they use to.. If they selling it cause they dont want it no more why would you want it....

Highside Hustler25
11-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Bobby just said today they are running the same type of schedule next year as this year...I don't think they will ever run a tour on family $...I'd like to see him cut loose on the free market no family involvement hop in a top notch ride and see what he can do...nothing against Bob he's a hall of famer but if he can't foot the bill...

I don't see Pierce ever running a National tour as long as the races in Illinois continue.
This is just the 5 grand and up races May thru July in Illinois.

MAY
F.C. 20
FALS 10
Spoon 5
LaSalle 10

JUNE
KKK 5
Peoria 5
JJax 5
Spoon 5
Sycamore 7500
Tri City 10
FALS 10
Joliet 10
Charleston 5

JULY
Licoln 5
Quincy 5
Belle Claire 5
Macon 5
F.C. 10
Highland 10
Danville 5
Tri City 10
Macon 12
Fayette 8
FALS 30

With that kind of money that close to home, why would he go chase a tour? Would make zero sense.

Highside Hustler25
11-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Jacksonville?

You ARE a quick learner:)