PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Petty Left Looking for 2018 Options

Ben Shelton
11-09-2017, 11:00 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 9, 2017

Chandler Petty Left Looking for 2018 Options

Austin, Arkansas (11/09/17) – Things change quickly in dirt track racing and such is the case for Arkansas’ Dirt Late Model racer, Chandler Petty. A month ago the 21 year old was unexpectedly notified that the team for which he drove – Childress Motorsports – was ceasing operations immediately.

The move left Petty and his teammate Garrett Alberson ride less.

“I’m so very grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Raymond and Mrs. Kathi (Childress) gave me this year,” Petty said on Thursday morning. “It was an awesome experience. I’m sad to see them stepping away from the sport, but I can definitely respect that they are doing what is best for them.”

Petty is now left trying to pick up the pieces. He currently has about half of what he needs in place to bring his own car back to the track, but he’s also open to other opportunities as well.

“At this point I’m scrambling to try and get my family-owned Black Diamond #47 Super Late Model back on track,” Petty noted. “We hurt our only engine at the Gumbo Nationals at Greenville Speedway back in October. That put us behind the eight ball big time. In fact, at this point I’m not going to be able to even run the final event with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series on Thanksgiving weekend, which is a bummer because we’ve run the full tour this year.”

Petty continued, “I’m also open to piloting someone else’s car the remainder of this year and next season. The knowledge that I’ve gained from racing as well as working at Black Diamond Race Cars/Stuckey Enterprises over the past few years, has really helped me expand my racing knowledge. I just hope that I can get the opportunity to keep rolling forward with my career.”

Anyone interested in contacting Chandler about helping in some form or fashion with his race team can reach him at 501-259-5602 or via e-mail at chandlerepetty@yahoo.com .

“I’ve had a lot of good folks help me this season, and I’d like to thank them. They include Darrel Posey at PRP Suspension, Ronnie Stuckey at Black Diamond Race Cars, and Eric Scott at Superior Graphics. I’d also like to thank Advanced Powdercoating and MSR Mafia Website and PR Services.

“I’m just determined to not let this put a stop to my racing career, and I’m open to doing anything and everything that I can to stay in the driver’s seat. I just need a little help.”

For the latest news and updates on Chandler Petty, please visit his cyber home at www.ChandlerPetty.com .