PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Outland

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-14-2017, 12:06 AM
I don’t mean to be add more to the already crazy EAMS National 100 joke... but this guy make listening to the race and the recap videos practically unlistenable and unwatchable!!! He is by far the worst announcer in the United States!!! Why do people keep hiring him???

Vchild
11-14-2017, 12:46 AM
He works cheap?

adamconners
11-14-2017, 02:35 AM
I agree, the part that makes me cringe is that he thinks he's one of the best. He comes across as someone who looks down on others because he's an announcer. Never been a fan, and he's got to learn that to be a good announcer doesn't mean you have to talk (or yell for him) the entire time.

bleedblue55
11-14-2017, 05:04 AM
After viewing this past weekends races I now have a greater appreciation for Dustin Jarrett, Ben Shelton, Rick Eshelman, James Essex and the volume control.

Pennsboro23
11-14-2017, 07:37 AM
James Essex, Dustin Jarrett, and Mike Norris are the 3 best in the business.

ThebigE
11-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Dustin Jarrett is #1 in my opinion. If anyone cares.

Chris Thomason
11-14-2017, 08:58 AM
No one, that Ive heard, can rattle off knowledge about any one particular team like Essex. All you need is a couple races to listen to Essex call qualifying and you will know everyones sponsors, chassis make, engine builder, color of the car, drivers wifes name, how many kids they have, what team they used to drive for ,or where they might drive next year. Lol Its really impressive and sounds like its all off the top of his head like he genuinely know that stuff without some cue card.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-14-2017, 09:01 AM
He works cheap?

You work for food!

blncfn57
11-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Is this the same guy who did the DOD recap interviews?

adamconners
11-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Is this the same guy who did the DOD recap interviews?Unfortunately.. the one Tmac had to correct on "live" broadcast because the announcer thought he finished 2nd when he really finished 3rd.

blncfn57
11-14-2017, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately.. the one Tmac had to correct on "live" broadcast because the announcer thought he finished 2nd when he really finished 3rd.

Yea, he was hard to listen to, to the point I stopped short on one cuz I couldn't listen to him any longer.

adamconners
11-14-2017, 09:46 AM
He's terrible and it shows by the number of jobs he goes through. In the past few years (4-5) I know he's worked for the following: 1.) Fastrak 2. )USCS (sprints) 3.) One of the modified series... and now 4.) NeSmith crates. He's also been married 3 times in the last 10 years or so. Should tell you how annoying he is.

Barbecueboy
11-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Uh boy.........

Vchild
11-14-2017, 11:14 AM
You work for food!

You eat crow for free Hahahaha

jog49
11-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Wesley Outland is a James Essex clone when compared to Hunsucker!

Barbecueboy
11-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Wesley Outland is a James Essex clone when compared to Hunsucker!

Who's she???

AnnouncerLife88
11-14-2017, 02:19 PM
One of my favorite announcers to listen to is Michael Despain aka the guy who calls all the Ray Cook/Chris Tilley series' races. As an announcer I appreciate his style of adding to the show and not being too over the top with volume or pitch.

I know in my own work I try my best to just make the show better and not sound like I'm trying to be bigger than the show but I'm sure some would criticize me in a similar way.

Wells Racing Photos
11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/cwells52/DOZtnHxVQAADL6i_zpsyvkfbvv9.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/cwells52/media/DOZtnHxVQAADL6i_zpsyvkfbvv9.jpg.html)

drunkinashortbus
11-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Hes right up there with Tilley

dalemcfan
11-14-2017, 05:00 PM
In the picture that is two posts above, the announcer looks like Ryan Newman if he put on about another 25 pounds.

Doc88D
11-14-2017, 05:14 PM
That picture is awesome. Look at the look on T-Mac's face... Priceless!

blncfn57
11-14-2017, 05:33 PM
He's terrible and it shows by the number of jobs he goes through. In the past few years (4-5) I know he's worked for the following: 1.) Fastrak 2. )USCS (sprints) 3.) One of the modified series... and now 4.) NeSmith crates. He's also been married 3 times in the last 10 years or so. Should tell you how annoying he is.

I'm surprised he's found 3 people to marry him.

AllenK
11-14-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm not going to get down on anybody's announcing because I sure couldn't do any better.

Outland did get up on "High C" calling the finish of the Super race Sunday though. LOL.

a25rjr
11-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Yea, he was hard to listen to, to the point I stopped short on one cuz I couldn't listen to him any longer.

Try listening to him for 12 hours! lol

I wore my remote out adjusting the volume!

Clayton_Wetter
11-14-2017, 06:44 PM
You eat crow for free Hahahaha

Under cooked and unplucked crow at that!!!! :)

AndyB
11-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Dennis Erb was Jimmy Mars for the first two days. He also felt the need to justify every screw up that was getting called out on social media. Most pro's ignore our banter. LOL A perfect fit announcer for EAMS

nuff said
11-14-2017, 07:57 PM
That's true he and EAMS deserve each other,just keep him off the PPV.Tmacs look in that photo says it all,and he only had to listen to him for a few seconds.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-14-2017, 08:10 PM
That picture is awesome. Look at the look on T-Mac's face... Priceless!It’s the most disgusted, pi$$ed off, I’ve ever seen him.

Barbecueboy
11-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Wesley doesn't lack enthusiasm.......

One Man Gang
11-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Only time I've heard Outland announce was at North Alabama in September for the NeSmith race they had and he didn't seem obnoxious done a pretty good job I thought but that being said with their PA system it's hard to hear anybody. I've always been a fan of Ben Shelton I have always liked Ben maybe because of knowing him personally and attended hundreds of races he's called. Hell I even like DeWayne from SAS even though some of y'all think he's the f?(king antichrist of announcing the guy tries his best and definitely has his own style that's different from most he's full of p!ss and vinegar for sure. Late Model Mark I can't say enough for Mark a helluva guy at and away from the track. I ain't going to badmouth any of them because they doing a better job at it than I could do.

ksmitty79
11-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Haha this is comical. I even called a racetrack he was announcing in to tell them to turn down the speakers. Everyone in my section was deaf before hotlaps..

jog49
11-18-2017, 01:03 PM
About once a year I have to post the following:

Tell me the names of the drivers of the cars and where they are from.......then pack your microphone and go home.
Nobody can hear a thing when the engines fire.

dirtcrazy4u
11-18-2017, 04:01 PM
So true jog 49. I like a guy that is on top of the schedule of events. Get in the pits, see who is in what group. Let the fans know in hot laps and trails. Any announcer that tries to yell over the engines is just a waste. Cars come out for a heat race, know the line up from the pit board. They go green, cork it, they go yellow give fans a top 3 and if someone made a great pass or is coming thru the field mention it. That is a good announcer. Who cares about the name of his wife or kids. He's there to race not give out family information.

Clayton_Wetter
11-18-2017, 04:31 PM
No one, that Ive heard, can rattle off knowledge about any one particular team like Essex. All you need is a couple races to listen to Essex call qualifying and you will know everyones sponsors, chassis make, engine builder, color of the car, drivers wifes name, how many kids they have, what team they used to drive for ,or where they might drive next year. Lol Its really impressive and sounds like its all off the top of his head like he genuinely know that stuff without some cue card.

He's always had a teleprompter and actually knows nothing without it.

Wonder if he will see this??? He's knows I'm kidding. Just call him Mr. Authority!!!

Late_Model_Mark
11-18-2017, 06:21 PM
I have worked with Wesley when he came to Talladega for a number of shows, USCS, Nesmith, Ice Bowl pay-per-views and so on. I find that some of the posts here are a little rough on the guy, his marital status should not be brought into this topic, in my view, rather in called for and not relevant to his time at the track. Just in my experience, Wesley had been very respectfull up in the tower with me at TST.

If ya don't like his style, delivery, tone or whatever, that is your right. As a announcer myself, you have to take criticism, it is part of the deal. You can't please all. We all have vastly different styles, mine is way different than Wesleys for sure.

I for one don't use a computer with stored info on it, my info, good or bad, comes from some notes and from my bald head, LOL. This is just me, and it may be flawed, I try to have a style that I have soaked in from all the years of going to races (since 1964) from all the different tracks.

I try to use a take on the microphone as a true fan that happens to have the privilege to call races.

Some of my announcing heroes, Jon Lunberg, Steve Evans, Bernie Mather, Ted Otto, James Essex, Rick Eschelmen, and Perry Holman to mention just a few.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

a25rjr
11-18-2017, 06:32 PM
I have worked with Wesley when he came to Talladega for a number of shows, USCS, Nesmith, Ice Bowl pay-per-views and so on. I find that some of the posts here are a little rough on the guy, his marital status should not be brought into this topic, in my view, rather in called for and not relevant to his time at the track. Just in my experience, Wesley had been very respectfull up in the tower with me at TST.

If ya don't like his style, delivery, tone or whatever, that is your right. As a announcer myself, you have to take criticism, it is part of the deal. You can't please all. We all have vastly different styles, mine is way different than Wesleys for sure.

I for one don't use a computer with stored info on it, my info, good or bad, comes from some notes and from my bald head, LOL. This is just me, and it may be flawed, I try to have a style that I have soaked in from all the years of going to races (since 1964) from all the different tracks.

I try to use a take on the microphone as a true fan that happens to have the privilege to call races.

Some of my announcing heroes, Jon Lunberg, Steve Evans, Bernie Mather, Ted Otto, James Essex, Rick Eschelmen, and Perry Holman to mention just a few.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

I think the problem we have is the change in volume.....he goes from a 10 to a 10,000. I don't know if that's an equipment issue or just him. Its very annoying listening to him at home on a computer.

Also, he tends to make a lot of mistakes about the drivers. Maybe it was new to him being at a national race, I dunno.

dirty bert
11-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Very well put Late Model Mark especially about his personal life don't see how many times he's been married has to do with his annouing