PDA

View Full Version : FALS Race Director Matt Curl takes over the WoO Late Model Series in 2018.

Shiny Side Up 18
11-15-2017, 03:16 PM
I did not see this one coming. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1708902129128455&id=127131240638893

Shiny Side Up 18
11-15-2017, 03:20 PM
WoO Announcement: http://woolms.com/news/268-2017-news/2300-world-of-outlaws-welcomes-matt-curl-as-late-model-series-director

Cardirt0
11-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Will I see a Big improvement coming to The WoO lates with this hire...This is a great hire by them....

ptown
11-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Is Curl being named director of marketing actually mean he’s taking over WOO or just a position within the series?

flagone
11-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Matt will be the Series Director and Chris Dolack will move to the Event Marketing position.

Shiny Side Up 18
11-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Curl will be Series Director.

ptown
11-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Curl will be Series Director.

The article says he’s being named director of marketing. Is that the same as series director?

Barbecueboy
11-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Outstanding......

Shiny Side Up 18
11-15-2017, 06:42 PM
No. Curl will be taking over as Series Director from Chris Dolack, who will become "Director of Marketing for the World of Outlaws and DIRTcar Racing".

ptown
11-15-2017, 06:47 PM
No. Curl will be taking over as Series Director from Chris Dolack, who will become "Director of Marketing for the World of Outlaws and DIRTcar Racing".

Sorry just went back and looked I read it wrong you are correct.

#FALSuperman
11-15-2017, 06:53 PM
This was not easy to sit on....glad it's out! You guys haven't seen nothing yet. Many more changes by the 2018 season for Late Models.

TheJet-09
11-15-2017, 07:10 PM
Wow! Good for him and the WoO! Matt was nothing short of super to me whenever I saw him this year. And knowing I am just a back marker who doesn't bring a fan base to the races, he still treated me like someone. Much appreciated overall and I wish him nothing but the best!

cdustyr1
11-15-2017, 07:45 PM
What an awesome opportunity for a home town guy. Look forward to seeing where he is able to go from here.

ptown
11-15-2017, 07:56 PM
This was not easy to sit on....glad it's out! You guys haven't seen nothing yet. Many more changes by the 2018 season for Late Models.

I just puked.

CIRF
11-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Anyone know who'll be assigned Curl's position at Fairbury?

cdustyr1
11-15-2017, 08:06 PM
I know one guy I would love to see do it who has been involved a long time. Will be interesting to see what direction they go.

ptown
11-15-2017, 08:14 PM

Paco......Just speculating.

SlumLord
11-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Paco......Just speculating.

Hopefully not Paco needs to stay home and quit running people off when he snaps and goes crazy screaming

Cardirt0
11-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Wow! Good for him and the WoO! Matt was nothing short of super to me whenever I saw him this year. And knowing I am just a back marker who doesn't bring a fan base to the races, he still treated me like someone. Much appreciated overall and I wish him nothing but the best!

Hes the guy when you walk a way from him you go WoW,,,, Just a super guy that know his $hit when it comes to racing and speaking to people...Just super nice to every one...

Cardirt0
11-15-2017, 09:52 PM

Read hes still going to help them he will still have a say at the track..I bet he hand picked him...Who ever it is...

ptown
11-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Hopefully not Paco needs to stay home and quit running people off when he snaps and goes crazy screaming

I agree I’ve seen him scream at people more than once, one of these days he’s going to do that to the wrong person, I also know there are several fair board members that want him gone.

#FALSuperman
11-15-2017, 10:48 PM
I just puked.Better stop giving yourself a reacharound. Ptown:D

ptown
06-18-2018, 10:59 PM

Leroy Rodriguez AKA Paco is at it again, he goes ballistic and suspends McKay Wenger for an incident in his pit after the races without any evidence of wrongdoing then has to eat crow and reinstate him after finding out what really happened......Leroy do Fairbury Speedway it's workers drivers and fans a favor and resign, everyone is tired of your out of control screaming, especially at fans that spend their hard earned money at the track, you're a disgrace to that fine facility. Fair Board please look at attendance figures for this year, I've never seen it this bad in the 42 years I've been going there.

#49superman!
06-18-2018, 11:16 PM
Leroy Rodriguez AKA Paco is at it again, he goes ballistic and suspends McKay Wenger for an incident in his pit after the races without any evidence of wrongdoing then has to eat crow and reinstate him after finding out what really happened......Leroy do Fairbury Speedway it's workers drivers and fans a favor and resign, everyone is tired of your out of control screaming, especially at fans that spend their hard earned money at the track, you're a disgrace to that fine facility. Fair Board please look at attendance figures for this year, I've never seen it this bad in the 42 years I've been going there.didn't know this was going on ar Fairbury. YIKES... Sounds like KK3 last promoter. this sport is plagued with awful management.

golddirt
06-19-2018, 04:50 AM
Shouldn't this have its own thread? It has nothing to do with this one.

SHOESTRING TRVLR
06-19-2018, 05:53 AM
Ahh Leroy. Same guy that telling me to give him $20 to park my camper, when I told him I did not want to park inside the fence because I was not staying there for the night nor was I going to use it for anything else. I was just passing through on my way to the dream and wanted to watch the woo sprint show and park across the street out of the way so I could leave after the race which I did.

ptown
06-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Shouldn't this have its own thread? It has nothing to do with this one.

You are correct, I started a new thread in hopes of making people aware.

LM1M
06-19-2018, 02:46 PM
It does not help the sport at all to have track management that treat their customers like this. It seems to be all too frequent in dirt racing for whatever reason. These people need to wake up or be replaced, we need people that strive to grow the sport and not act like king kong.

ptown
06-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Ahh Leroy. Same guy that telling me to give him $20 to park my camper, when I told him I did not want to park inside the fence because I was not staying there for the night nor was I going to use it for anything else. I was just passing through on my way to the dream and wanted to watch the woo sprint show and park across the street out of the way so I could leave after the race which I did.

Only 12 modifieds raced last Saturday, thats the lowest car count ever for Fairbury mods, last year they averaged around 30 a night. Leroy stop your out of control screaming at fans and drivers, you have a bad case of little man disease.

Shiny Side Up 18
06-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Only 12 modifieds raced last Saturday, thats the lowest car count ever for Fairbury mods, last year they averaged around 30 a night. Leroy stop your out of control screaming at fans and drivers, you have a bad case of little man disease.Only 8 the week before.

#FALSuperman
06-19-2018, 09:42 PM
I'm not surprised at all by this...Leroy is a class A Jerk! Always has been, always will be. If anyone can run Fairbury into the ground, he's your man. Not ideal at all for FALS, losing someone like Curl. There are many grumblings going on behind the scenes. Just not sure how much the board really cares. Time will tell. Let's see how they handle the marque show of the year. I'm sure that will go as planned, considering Curl and WOO will be involved. If they don't figure this out though, FALS will start having issues in the financial department due to fan and driver departures.

ptown
06-19-2018, 10:02 PM
I'm not surprised at all by this...Leroy is a class A Jerk! Always has been, always will be. If anyone can run Fairbury into the ground, he's your man. Not ideal at all for FALS, losing someone like Curl. There are many grumblings going on behind the scenes. Just not sure how much the board really cares. Time will tell. Let's see how they handle the marque show of the year. I'm sure that will go as planned, considering Curl and WOO will be involved. If they don't figure this out though, FALS will start having issues in the financial department due to fan and driver departures.

Well said, the post I started concerning Leroy was for some reason deleted. Fairbury is way better than Little Leroy.

#FALSuperman
06-19-2018, 10:26 PM
You two seem to have the answers. What are your namesSo I can vote you guys next president and promoter? Or do you guys go by user names rather then real names?Never claimed to be the person who could be the president/promoter. However, I've seen enough from Leroy over the years that would embarrass many people. Just remember, the people who come from out of town/state were fortunate to see an up and coming man who respected every fan, driver, crew, medics, track prep, timers, pit personnel, concessions, the list is top to bottom. Anyone who thinks the guy in charge right now is any resemblance of that, is a homer. I love the track, always will. Just not happy with some things I've seen.

#FALSuperman
06-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Well said, the post I started concerning Leroy was for some reason deleted. Fairbury is way better than Little Leroy.For the record, FALS will be fine in the long wrong. They just need to figure out who is best to represent the track. I mean, the stuff in the middle still runs like a well oiled machine.

golddirt
06-20-2018, 12:08 PM
Sounds like changes need to be done quickly for once people leave it's hard to get them back, look at Boswell

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
06-20-2018, 12:20 PM
Better stop giving yourself a reacharound. Ptown:D

He cant his arm is to short. He has mindwalker for that!

ptown
06-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Sounds like changes need to be done quickly for once people leave it's hard to get them back, look at Boswell

Yes and look at Farmer City, FALS fair board pay attention.

golddirt
06-20-2018, 05:22 PM
I hardly go to farmer anymore, haven't been this year

ptown
06-21-2018, 09:20 AM
I hardly go to farmer anymore, haven't been this year

Been there two times in the last five years, will not be going to the Summernationals this year learned my lesson.

Fairbury is getting the same way for me, seems like these people running the show would rather act like tough guys than treat a paying customer with respect. Little Leroy needs to stick with bagging groceries at Dave's Supermarket.

Cardirt0
06-21-2018, 09:59 AM
When Matt said goodbye i was hoping this would not happen.

t4g2
06-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Even the track prep as been lacking all year. Ive been to 1 decent race all year their. Its locked down or its too fast up top that nobody can pass til someone messes up.

reid boys
06-22-2018, 11:43 AM
I feel like the racing has been better so far this year than last year

#FALSuperman
06-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Even the track prep as been lacking all year. Ive been to 1 decent race all year their. Its locked down or its too fast up top that nobody can pass til someone messes up.Didn't Jeff Curl win his first late model feature last Saturday running low?

mskdorf
06-22-2018, 01:40 PM
So...... what is the opinion on the WOO director so far? I personally wanted to get rid of the current redraw.

JMill99m
06-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Didn't Jeff Curl win his first late model feature last Saturday running low?

Came from 9th place as well.

dirtrackfan4
06-25-2018, 11:25 AM
golddirt...and why haven't you been to Farmer City this year? There's been some dang good races there this year. Once the staff changed from what it was a few years ago, they are trying to turn it around from the hole it was in.

dirtrackfan4
06-25-2018, 11:26 AM
And ptown...you are ridiculous!!! I don't know how else to describe you honestly. You have to give respect to get respect and all you have done is tear down FALS and everyone involved!!! Has it changed from the past years...yes. Is that always a bad thing...NO. If all you are going to do is bash a track, then yes...stay away. We do not need you at FALS. I was born and raises around FALS and love our little crown jewel. Instead of you bad mouthing places and drivers like I have seen you constantly do...how about you and many others on here take a look at one you can do to better a place? What can each one of you do to build up our sport we love? If you would like to talk to me in person, I would be more than happy to talk to you.

ptown
06-25-2018, 03:25 PM
You're a homer.......Saturday was great racing in all classes and how bout that street stock race, little Leroy wasn’t running around screaming at people I had fun.

Barbecueboy
06-25-2018, 05:01 PM
That whole "guy running around screaming at people "will fix itself eventually.......

It's bound to happen.

dirtrackfan4
06-26-2018, 11:37 AM
You're right ptown...I am a homer and I'm proud of it!!!! If you have a problem with Leroy, why don't you man up and actually go talk to him instead of hiding behind your computer??? Oh wait...you are too scared.

PRCKartRacer9
06-26-2018, 12:39 PM
Well said DirtTrackFan