PDA

View Full Version : Teams looking for drivers

ptown
11-19-2017, 10:12 AM
I lost track, who is looking for a driver?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-19-2017, 04:47 PM
At this point, I think none.

dirty bert
11-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Has any team picked up Donald McIntosh yet,I think he was still in the Blount car at Boyd's

Wells Racing Photos
11-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Nothing public on McInotsh as of now, Saturday was his last race in the BMS ride. Roberts is supposed to debut this Saturday at 411.

lvillefan1928
11-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Who is driving the Dunn Benson car this year. I must of missed it

manwplan
11-20-2017, 07:51 AM

It's going to blow your mind when you find out who is driving the Dunn Benson car.

Ryan21mid
11-20-2017, 08:12 AM

Pierce Posse

Josh Bayko
11-20-2017, 08:22 AM
Pierce Posse

I don’t think the posse is coming with the kid. That’s kinda the point.

manwplan
11-20-2017, 09:14 AM
This has to be the worst kept secret.

zyoung25
11-20-2017, 09:43 AM
This has to be the worst kept secret.

The worst was the Landers/Davenport deal.

Bubstr
11-20-2017, 01:59 PM
If Bob isn't going along, it may be a mistake. Smart goes fast and Bob has more knowledge than most. We have seen how fast JD is with out his engineer. We have seen the Dunn Benson car, barley making the top ten. It's pretty easy to figure this out. It may surprise us all but we will see.

Snake X3
11-20-2017, 03:00 PM
If Pierce is heading to Dunn Benson, then who is gonna drive the Pierce house car? No one?

blncfn57
11-20-2017, 03:29 PM
If Pierce is heading to Dunn Benson, then who is gonna drive the Pierce house car? No one?

Perhaps the Dunn-Benson ride is using Pierce cars????

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Perhaps the Dunn-Benson ride is using Pierce cars????

Don't believe so.

bullittwrench
11-20-2017, 03:56 PM
This would be a way to funnel xr1/longhorn technology back to Dad while having a paid ride. Depending on what chassis Dunn Benson uses.

Illtsate32
11-20-2017, 03:57 PM
What chassis brand are the Dunn-Benson cars?

Illtsate32
11-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Pierce in the Lucas car on the Lucas tour?? Would be awesome...

Snake X3
11-20-2017, 04:17 PM
What chassis brand are the Dunn-Benson cars?

They had Longhorns with Wallace engine for EPJ in 2017.

a25rjr
11-20-2017, 04:23 PM
If Bob isn't going along, it may be a mistake. Smart goes fast and Bob has more knowledge than most. We have seen how fast JD is with out his engineer. We have seen the Dunn Benson car, barley making the top ten. It's pretty easy to figure this out. It may surprise us all but we will see.

Pierce posse gonna have to clean up their act if Booby gets the DB ride. Carlton will not put up with that nonsense!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Nothing public on McInotsh as of now, Saturday was his last race in the BMS ride. Roberts is supposed to debut this Saturday at 411.

Will casey be using 101 or team #

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2017, 04:52 PM

Had 201 on it when Ogle drove. Don't think there is a team number.

blncfn57
11-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Don't believe so.

It was just a thought. I guess a good topic for discussion would be.... Who keeps Pierce racecars up front and winning if they don't use them? Unzicker is good enough, but I think he likes his local/ semi-regional stuff so that he can still have a family life.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Had 201 on it when Ogle drove. Don't think there is a team number.

Ok thanks mastersbilt.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Has pierce been confermed for dunn benson?
I think i read something different

a25rjr
11-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Pierce to Dunn Benson?

Do I see a Dunn effing Benson T-shirt in their future. My advice to the Dunn Benson team is keep the mom a thousand miles away so as to retain your class, dignity and respect because she has none of those qualities.

They will be strongly introduced to how things are done in the Bible belt!

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2017, 05:56 PM
It was just a thought. I guess a good topic for discussion would be.... Who keeps Pierce racecars up front and winning if they don't use them? Unzicker is good enough, but I think he likes his local/ semi-regional stuff so that he can still have a family life.
If Bobby doesn't, no one. How many lm chassis do they actually sell?

Snake X3
11-20-2017, 06:12 PM

I read Casey will still be using the #101. I think it was on DoD.

blncfn57
11-20-2017, 06:34 PM

Around the midwest, you'd be surprised.

Bubstr
11-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Has pierce been confermed for dunn benson?
I think i read something different

I haven't seen any conformation. I was just commenting on the speculation. I would speculate, that if Dunn Benson took advice from the Bobby haters here, there is slim chance of them being on top again. To win, you need a cohesive team, not one that excludes.

I did see a Bobby tweet, that said something about a Rocket car. Could be Richards wants both the Woo and Lucas, plus the UMP SN championships. Rocket will have a good chance in the south, with Overton / Weaver.

Illtsate32
11-20-2017, 06:41 PM
So it was just speculation dang I thought someone had leaked some good info...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2017, 06:46 PM
I haven't seen any conformation. I was just commenting on the speculation. I would speculate, that if Dunn Benson took advice from the Bobby haters here, there is slim chance of them being on top again. To win, you need a cohesive team, not one that excludes.

I did see a Bobby tweet, that said something about a Rocket car. Could be Richards wants both the Woo and Lucas, plus the UMP SN championships. Rocket will have a good chance in the south, with Overton / Weaver.

Weaver quitting on Longhorn?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 06:47 PM

Overton/weaver switch to rockets?

Illtsate32
11-20-2017, 07:12 PM
I cant see them completely ditching longhorn they had too much sucess with em...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 07:14 PM
I cant see them completely ditching longhorn they had too much sucess with em...

Yea i agree but there might b more to it if true

nuff said
11-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Weaver was one of the first to be really fast in a Longhorn.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Weaver was one of the first to be really fast in a Longhorn.

Yes always enjoyed watching him race cuz u could bet we would be a contender. He deffinatly has the longhorns dialed in.
Does anybody know what chassis weaver ran before longhorn?

Dirtfan04
11-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Yes always enjoyed watching him race cuz u could bet we would be a contender. He deffinatly has the longhorns dialed in.
Does anybody know what chassis weaver ran before longhorn?

Just off of the top of my head, I think he ran Bloomquist, Rocket and was the last person to win any significant races in a GRT. He pretty much won in every chassis he raced.

Wells Racing Photos
11-20-2017, 07:53 PM

The 101 is already on the car for Saturday...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Just off of the top of my head, I think he ran Bloomquist, Rocket and was the last person to win any significant races in a GRT. He pretty much won in every chassis he raced.

Ok i only seen him run the longhorn so idk what he ran before. Thanks for the info

Highside Hustler25
11-20-2017, 07:57 PM

Might not be a lot on a National level but I'm surprised how many times I see someone in a Pierce chassis. I've seen some out in Pa. Possibly purchased used but they're out there.

Jason Jagers won a bunch of races @ Peoria in steel block class I think. Think he's in a Pierce. McKay Wenger and Gordy Gundaker both found some success with them.

Barbecueboy
11-20-2017, 08:31 PM
The 101 is already on the car for Saturday...

Would be surprised if it isn't parked in victory lane after the race Saturday.........

a25rjr
11-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Would be surprised if it isn't parked in victory lane after the race Saturday.........

Casey/Bryant/XR1...... a winning combination!

nuff said
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Casey/Bryant/XR1...... a winning combination!

Roberts has won in several chassis over the past few years and not really struggled much in any of them.Blount picked the right wheelman and he should do very well in that equipment.He has earned it,It's not been that long ago that he rolled in with a dually and a well used enclosed trailer and was a factor when he showed up.

MittenMadman
11-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Might not be a lot on a National level but I'm surprised how many times I see someone in a Pierce chassis. I've seen some out in Pa. Possibly purchased used but they're out there.Jason Jagers won a bunch of races @ Peoria in steel block class I think. Think he's in a Pierce. McKay Wenger and Gordy Gundaker both found some success with them.I know Ryan Vanderveen has won about 30 races over the last 21/2 years up here in Michigan since he picked up his Pierce platinum

Cardirt0
11-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Pierce made there money off Mods at one time in Ill 60% of the Mods were theres

Duke100
11-21-2017, 08:59 AM
This would be a way to funnel xr1/longhorn technology back to Dad while having a paid ride. Depending on what chassis Dunn Benson uses.As far as 100 lap races go. I don't think they need any technology funneled back.

J20in1st
11-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Pierce posse gonna have to clean up their act if Booby gets the DB ride. Carlton will not put up with that nonsense!

Probably why dad will stay in the shop at home

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2017, 11:19 AM
As far as 100 lap races go. I don't think they need any technology funneled back.

That opinion is so 2016.

Highside Hustler25
11-21-2017, 12:47 PM

Only ones with a problem with the Pierce Posse is you and a few others on 4m. It doesn't seem to hinder him from getting multiple rides in different cars. He seems to be in plenty as of late.

smoothoperator32
11-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Pierce posse is the name his sponsors get when they spend $1000 or more to sponsor bobby. Pierce posse is not his fan base.

dirtdobber45
11-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Only ones with a problem with the Pierce Posse is you and a few others on 4m. It doesn't seem to hinder him from getting multiple rides in different cars. He seems to be in plenty as of late.Multiple rides in different cars??? Where and when?

Escobar
11-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Weaver quitting on Longhorn?

If Weaver is changing, it's not to a Rocket.

dirtdobber45
11-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Pierce posse gonna have to clean up their act if Booby gets the DB ride. Carlton will not put up with that nonsense!Very true. Your there to race not cause drama

blncfn57
11-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Very true. Your there to race not cause drama

I disagree to a point. There's only maybe 4-5 races a year where the racing is enough to fill peoples entertainment needs (where it's a topic anywhere past the car ride home). Don't believe me? Just take a look around this forum, most of the threads are related to some kinda drama or BS. Very few are actually discussing the on track product. With that being said, I do get the point of your post. I just think that if the racing was as good as it should be, we wouldn't ever hear about the other non-sense.

Illtsate32
11-21-2017, 02:08 PM
I disagree to a point. There's only maybe 4-5 races a year where the racing is enough to fill peoples entertainment needs (where it's a topic anywhere past the car ride home). Don't believe me? Just take a look around this forum, most of the threads are related to some kinda drama or BS. Very few are actually discussing the on track product. With that being said, I do get the point of your post. I just think that if the racing was as good as it should be, we wouldn't ever hear about the other non-sense.Dont even respond to these same 3-4 user names who troll and bash thats what they want you to do if you ignore them they will go away...what hypocrites talking about causing drama and that is the one single thing that they do on this site smh...

MRM
11-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Word was Dunn Benson had two new Rockets.

MRM
11-21-2017, 02:13 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPHhBf4UEAA_xeX.jpg:large

Bubstr
11-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Only ones with a problem with the Pierce Posse is you and a few others on 4m. It doesn't seem to hinder him from getting multiple rides in different cars. He seems to be in plenty as of late.

I see it the same way. Out in the real world, the fans in the stands love to see Bobby at the race they go to see. He puts on a show. They like to see him win or they like to see their driver beat him. There are some that are tired of him beating their favorite driver, but that kind of stuff happens.

Unless Bob really wants to cut back, it would be foolish to break up a winning combination. If a car owner did such a thing, he would be cheating himself out of a winning combination. Those combinations are hard to come by. They are more than the best parts and a good driver. Look how many drivers missed the mark at Bowyers in the past. They have a couple drivers now that can run their own show, but there are only about 4 or 5 of them racing now. If you take Rumley away from JD, he's not the same. Josh R and B Shep wouldn't be the same, with out Rocket house support. Would Devin Morand be as good with out his dad, or Hudson O.

Minny Lakes
11-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Was a driver ever announced for the GR Smith ride?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Was a driver ever announced for the GR Smith ride?

Nothing confermed yet that i know of unless i missed something

Highside Hustler25
11-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Multiple rides in different cars??? Where and when?

He's been in a NCTS ride, modifieds, and been over to New Zealand. If you want the exact times, you'll have to do yer own homework. Fact is, he HAS been given rides in other series.

How many dirt late model drivers do you know that get a NASCAR truck ride?

I'll wait:rolleyes:

J20in1st
11-21-2017, 05:41 PM
He's been in a NCTS ride, modifieds, and been over to New Zealand. If you want the exact times, you'll have to do yer own homework. Fact is, he HAS been given rides in other series.

Ty Dillon Snort, I'm sure there are others.

bleedblue55
11-21-2017, 06:15 PM

Lets see, Josh Richards drove for Kyle Busch in trucks before the Joy Mining sponsorship went the way of the mining industry. He then drove in Xfinity cars for Go Green Racing. Tim McCreadie was signed by Childress Racing but that went away with his injury at the Chili Bowl. Bloomer has run a couple. Joey Coulter comes to mind also.

a25rjr
11-21-2017, 06:22 PM

You've missed the point. Their antics will not bode well with the Lamms!

Illtsate32
11-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Would be a fabulous move for dunn/Benson if it happens...

TackyTracker
11-21-2017, 06:28 PM
maybe we should wait for confirmation

Illtsate32
11-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Lucas oil tour will be lit if this happens lol...

Highside Hustler25
11-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Lets see, Josh Richards drove for Kyle Busch in trucks before the Joy Mining sponsorship went the way of the mining industry. He then drove in Xfinity cars for Go Green Racing. Tim McCreadie was signed by Childress Racing but that went away with his injury at the Chili Bowl. Bloomer has run a couple. Joey Coulter comes to mind also.

There you go. Thank You.
Pretty good group of guys to be associated with. Like I said, the major majority of folks that have a problem with Pierce are the 4m faithful. And the majority of those are Bloomquist fans. Like him or hate him, young Pierce has had more rides offered to him at a young age than most.

As I've said before, I'm not a Pierce fan. I do see talent. I do see jealous fans. I hope Bobby does end up chasing a National tour cuz he sure stinks up a lot of shows around home.

Highside Hustler25
11-21-2017, 07:57 PM
maybe we should wait for confirmation

I agree. Nothing has been publicly said that I know of.

Highwayman
11-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Pierce in the Lucas car on the Lucas tour?? Would be awesome...Lucas going with EPJ to Black Diamond.

Dirtfan04
11-22-2017, 02:11 PM
If Weaver is changing, it's not to a Rocket.

Any insider info that you could share on that? Just curious what they would go to if they do change.

zyoung25
11-22-2017, 02:29 PM
Lucas going with EPJ to Black Diamond.

It will be on the Dunn-benson car too. They just won't be getting near the support that Pearson gets from it.

ready2rd
11-22-2017, 08:01 PM
That zyoung knows some good info or he does lot of guessing lot times he is right

zyoung25
11-23-2017, 09:23 AM
That zyoung knows some good info or he does lot of guessing lot times he is right

If it wasn't for fo'em I wouldn't know chit. I do a Lot of guessing though too.

MI Dirt Fan
11-23-2017, 09:59 AM
I think Tyler Redd!ck also drove a truck and didn't he win a race this year?

adamconners
11-23-2017, 04:02 PM
GR has narrowed his decision down to three drivers. Announcement TBD

Snake X3
11-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Any insider info that you could share on that? Just curious what they would go to if they do change.

I seriously doubt Weaver is switching. He's still selling Longhorns now. I can't imagine he'd be making a switch for 2018 and still be selling the Longhorn by Weavers.

MRM
11-28-2017, 02:08 PM
I think Tyler Redd!ck also drove a truck and didn't he win a race this year?

He won an Xfinity race this year and has won a couple of truck races in past seasons.

Escobar
11-28-2017, 02:46 PM

Unless something has changed, they're remaining with Longhorn cars.