PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Millwood Is the Ultimate; Gateway Dirt Nationals Next

Ben Shelton
11-21-2017, 09:36 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 21, 2017

Tyler Millwood Is the Ultimate; Gateway Dirt Nationals Next

Kingston, Georgia (11/21/17) – On Saturday evening Tyler Millwood completed his championship run in his Millwood Plumbing #31 Longhorn Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model. By the time that the night was over, the 26-year-old racer from Georgia had claimed both the Ultimate Super Late Model Series championship and the Rookie of the Year title.

“We began this year with the goal of winning the Rookie of the Year title,” Millwood noted. “Clearly, we wanted to be a championship contender too, but I honestly didn’t know if we were to that point with our program yet. So now we’ve won both, and I couldn’t be more proud. A very special thanks go out to my team, my sponsors, and everyone who supports this program. I really feel like we are starting to get our feet under us with our dirt program, and I can’t wait for next season.”

Taking part in the Ultimate Super Late Model season finale, Tyler Millwood traveled to Screven Motor Speedway (Sylvania, Georgia) on Saturday night for the Georgia State Outlaw Championship.

Recording the sixth-fastest time in a field of 23 cars, Millwood earned the sixth-starting position for the $5,000-to-win main event. Coming one spot shy of a Top-10 finish, Tyler slipped back to an 11th-place outing in the 50-lap affair.

With his performance on Saturday night, Tyler captured the Ultimate Super Late Model Series Championship and the Rookie of the Year honors.

For full results from the event, please visit www.ULTIMATESupers.com .

The team has a final weekend of racing remaining on their 2017 docket. On December 14-16 they will take part in the 2nd annual VP Racing Fuels Gateway Dirt Nationals at the Dome at America’s Center (St. Louis, Missouri). Qualifying will be held on Thursday event, while Friday will see twin $5,000-to-win events. On Saturday the $30,000-to-win finale will be contested.

For more information on the event, please visit www.GatewayDirt.com .

Tyler is currently looking to add more marketing partners to his racing program. For more information on becoming a part of our winning team, please contact the Millwood Motorsports team manager, Derek Gahring at DerekGahring@gmail.com or 770-301-8021.

Tyler Millwood would like to thank all of his sponsors including Millwood Plumbing, Advanced Technology Motorsports, The Realty Queen & Team, Derek Gahring Enterprises, Machine Construction Company, Clements Racing Engines, Frankland Racing Products, Longhorn Chassis, All Star Graphix, Penske Shocks, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Tyler Millwood, please visit www.TylerMillwood.com .