PDA

View Full Version : AMC dimensions

Kevin05
11-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Anyone know the dimensions of the AMC spindles,, Pin height, Arm length etc? or know where I might be able to find them?

JustAddDirt
11-27-2017, 07:58 AM
I know they are an inch taller than pinto/chevelle.
steering arms are the same length as a chevelle.
looks to not need as much or any bump steer spacers, the steering arm drops a good amount
here is a link:
https://www.performancebodies.com/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=5672
or
https://www.loufegersracing.com/products/7-degree-3-piece-amc-pacer-spindle-l-r-plus-caliper-brackets
or
http://www.2brothersmotorsports.com/products.html

Kevin05
11-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info,,Going to put the (I hate to say it) asphalt tour car on another diet.. Looks like a little TLC on the king pin part can gain you degrees.

7uptruckracer
11-28-2017, 03:51 PM
anyone know the dimensions of the amc spindles,, pin height, arm length etc? Or know where i might be able to find them?

ball joint spread 8 5/8” height king pin angle 7 degrees steering arm length 5 3/8 ”tie rod location 1 ¾” lower than pinto/mustang
pin dia. Same as pinto/mustangweight 9.4 poundsball joint taper 7 degree

turtle1hp
12-16-2017, 08:14 AM
do you know anybody running them? I have been thinking about trying them out. I am at the Gateway nationals and I have seen them on several cars. One thing I did notice is that the lower ball joint comes into the spindles from the top and not the bottom like you would normally see.

JustAddDirt
12-16-2017, 09:28 AM
do you know anybody running them? I have been thinking about trying them out. I am at the Gateway nationals and I have seen them on several cars. One thing I did notice is that the lower ball joint comes into the spindles from the top and not the bottom like you would normally see.

I believe you are looking at MBR racecars. Those are a corvette, or an old gm spindle. Mark bush has been using those for 5 or more years.
AMC spindle the balljoint comes in from the bottom like chevelle/pinto/metric

turtle1hp
12-16-2017, 10:43 AM
I think you're right. They were on MBR cars. I will have to get a better look today to see if I can see if anyone is running the AMC spindle

turtle1hp
12-17-2017, 07:47 AM
OK. I was able to identify the difference. MBR cars did have the Corvette type spindles. But I did see 2 cars that had them. Both cars were on 2017 GRT's. The guy that owned them said that he felt like the cars were tighter all the way around compared to his old GRT's. I figured the "better "front end would make it turn better? Any thoughts?

JustAddDirt
12-18-2017, 08:21 AM
a lot can contribute to "cars feeling tighter all the way around" feeling.
could be caster camber numbers
could be bar settings in rear end
a lot of things can contribute to make car tighter everywhere.

I don't think the GRT cars are very good on the UMP style tire anyway.
I have not seen one really good and consistent in UMP land. USMTS, and IMCA, that is another story.

stock car driver
12-20-2017, 09:10 AM
OK. I was able to identify the difference. MBR cars did have the Corvette type spindles. But I did see 2 cars that had them. Both cars were on 2017 GRT's. The guy that owned them said that he felt like the cars were tighter all the way around compared to his old GRT's. I figured the "better "front end would make it turn better? Any thoughts?

Tighter?? Grt are on a rail as they are built once you get them FREE enough.

Racerguy27
02-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know how to figure out what ball joints to run with these spindles?

7uptruckracer
02-02-2018, 10:50 AM
1 1/2 per foot also know as a 7 degree ball joint taper.

Does anyone know how to figure out what ball joints to run with these spindles?

Racerguy27
10-24-2018, 09:32 PM
Anyone try these yet

hipower17
11-12-2018, 02:36 PM
what yr model did these come on?

Dan Clarke
09-19-2022, 04:54 PM
Hi,I realize this is an old thread but I'd like to know the pin height above the bottom of the lower ball joint hole. Thanks, Dan