PDA

View Full Version : Boggs/Swartz new chassis (Kryptonite)

almost broke
11-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Boggs said after his victory last weekend this car was a new car he and Audie built,could it be that the last month of the season he spent with the carpenters racing and at each other’s shop that he has copied the kryptonite. Carpenter said in one of his interviews after he won that they had a big name that was going to surprise a lot of people when he switched to there cars, maybe Boggs misled them into believing he was switching cars to get there information,we all know Audie struggles to build a consistent RACECAR.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-29-2017, 08:37 AM
They did not copy a Kryptonite. No, Audie doesn't struggle to build a good car.

MI Dirt Fan
11-29-2017, 10:12 AM
When did he say that? Doesn't post #4 contradict that???

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?379441-Boggs

Pennsboro23
11-29-2017, 10:19 AM
I had heard that Boggs wanted Kryptonite to pretty much give him a chassis for nothing and they said no. That's what was told to me this week.

71PRPFan
11-29-2017, 03:01 PM
I don't think he'd ask anyone for a free car...

pink floyd
11-29-2017, 03:40 PM
I had heard that Boggs wanted Kryptonite to pretty much give him a chassis for nothing and they said no. That's what was told to me this week.

not true. this thread is funny. boggs would only help the carpenters any way he could.

Pennsboro23
11-29-2017, 03:47 PM
not true. this thread is funny. boggs would only help the carpenters any way he could.

Like I said, I had heard that from people in Parkersburg that hang in the shop, actually a welder. Maybe it's not true, I wasn't there and neither were you. But the talk of Jackie being in a K chassis has surely slowed down. Is it because he is running better in the Swartz, or was there a disagreement between Kryptonite and Jackie? Neither of us know the answer to that for sure.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-29-2017, 05:01 PM

How much you think he pays for the one he has now??

chupp n bloomer fan
11-29-2017, 05:36 PM
How much you think he pays for the one he has now??LMAO. Duh.:)

chupp n bloomer fan
11-29-2017, 05:37 PM
I had heard that Boggs wanted Kryptonite to pretty much give him a chassis for nothing and they said no. That's what was told to me this week.With him doing his own thing on his cars, yeah I’d pass on that “deal”.

Pennsboro23
11-29-2017, 05:58 PM
I confirmed this evening that is indeed what happened. Jackie wanted to test drive a car before he made an actual switch, so that he had a Swartz and a Kryptonite and then he would go with whatever he liked best. They told him that he could drive one of the two house cars, and he declined. he wanted his own for little to nothing, to test the waters in.

71PRPFan
11-29-2017, 07:53 PM
How much you think he pays for the one he has now??

How many cars do you thinks been sold because of his success in the Swartz? Serious question?

zyoung25
11-29-2017, 08:45 PM
How many cars do you thinks been sold because of his success in the Swartz? Serious question?

Does he think hes going to help sell the K cars at the same rate?

King1
11-29-2017, 08:46 PM

I know where youre going with this. Kryptonite dont need his help to sell cars. They have a strong local following and is slowly creeping its way into kentucky.

To answer your question i know of atleast 10 people who have his 4b twisted cars. Im positive he moves a couple per year to each one. I know of two that got some freebies because structurally they were falling apart after ten or so shows. Audie explained how he designed those cars to work really hard to keep the need for tricked out shocks down. To me its pay now or pay later. Im not sure how much extra a 4b ride is but the acquisition cost of audies car was more than reasonable.

But to me its never the price, its always the cost. What is it truly gonna cost me at the end of the day and what comes with it.

xray
11-30-2017, 04:31 AM

Both of the 2017 swartz's on the market.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2017, 05:37 AM

How many cars do you thinks been sold because of his success in the Swartz? Serious question?Which is it? He wouldn’t ask for a free car, or he may get them next to free from Audie, and helps Audie sell cars, so it’s ok if he gets them free from Audie.

Kromulous
11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
I don't think its unreasonable to ask a Company for a test car to get him to switch from a Chassis that he has been in for years. Seems like an investment to me, and also a large tax write off. Especially if the Driver carries some weight regionally or nationally.

King1, you seem really knowledgeable about the Swartz / Boggs cars, what so different about them? We are switching over to a Swartz chassis next year. I was told it was only one simple thing but not sure.

fastford
11-30-2017, 09:34 AM
they probably figured there chassis would be on swartz jig before the sun goes down .......

chupp n bloomer fan
11-30-2017, 01:04 PM
they probably figured there chassis would be on swartz jig before the sun goes down .......Exactly.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Rumor has it Boggs already had one? Anyway, I don't think there is any magic in those K car tubes. There is magic in 2 particular K cars.

Josh Bayko
11-30-2017, 01:12 PM
Rumor has it Boggs already had one? Anyway, I don't think there is any magic in those K car tubes. There is magic in 2 particular K cars.

I don't know, Colton Flinner has improved quite a bit since moving to the K cars.

Pennsboro23
11-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Corey Conley is pretty dang good in a K car too.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Corey Conley is pretty dang good in a K car too.

In 2016 he was. The two Carpenters themselves don't even look nearly as impressive when they step down and run steel block cars. There are a bunch of them out there that run ok. Guys who were ok with other cars and ok with these cars. I think they are decent cars, but I don't think they are some secret weapon.

Pennsboro23
11-30-2017, 01:23 PM
In 2016 he was. The two Carpenters themselves don't even look nearly as impressive when they step down and run steel block cars. There are a bunch of them out there that run ok. Guys who were ok with other cars and ok with these cars. I think they are decent cars, but I don't think they are some secret weapon.

I believe Tyler won almost every steel block race he was in this year. I do agree it seems that there's only a handful that run good in them so I don't think there some secret weapon. But I do know Tyler and Freddie are dang good in them and Corey Conley still had a better year this past season than he had in the previous 8 or so before he got in a K car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2017, 01:24 PM
I believe Tyler won almost every steel block race he was in this year. I do agree it seems that there's only a handful that run good in them so I don't think there some secret weapon. But I do know Tyler and Freddie are dang good in them and Corey Conley still had a better year this past season than he had in the previous 8 or so before he got in a K car.

Yes, Tyler won regular shows in the SB class at I77. Where was he in the Hillbilly? Or Freddie?

Pennsboro23
11-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Yes, Tyler won regular shows in the SB class at I77. Where was he in the Hillbilly? Or Freddie?

So you're basing it off of one race that they didn't win? The Carpenters have never been good at Tyler County, and to be fair, the track was in such horrible shape that crate cars were putting it to the steel block cars, minus (Jake Hawkins).

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2017, 01:31 PM
So you're basing it off of one race that they didn't win? The Carpenters have never been good at Tyler County, and to be fair, the track was in such horrible shape that crate cars were putting it to the steel block cars, minus (Jake Hawkins).

One this year. I have been to others the last couple seasons. Even in wins, it is much less impressive. They have something, it ain't their steel.

71PRPFan
11-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Never thought Jackie would actually do it when the rumor started. He doesn't drive like Tyler or Freddie. Especially at Atomic

chasefrehley
12-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Try buying one of the 2 or 4 house cars. YOU can't!!!
The cars that are out there are not like the house car,they have some special right front frame rail that no other car has except in house. If you go to the PRI take pictures then compare them to the locals who run K cars.

71PRPFan
12-04-2017, 01:25 PM
When you run against customers weekly why would you let them have the advantage that you have??? Business 101

DirtWv77
12-04-2017, 02:41 PM
They're going to eventually have to get some guys going in these cars other than their select favorites and the house cars if they want to remain dominant in their area, especially with the Rockets only getting better. Right now, there's 5-6 drivers who were far more competitive against the Carpenters when running the car they previously had such as a rocket. Ultimately their selling point is that they're dominating the top 5-10 at their local track... but in reality, they're only racing against themselves. I hope the best for them as they do appear to work hard at what they do, but guys are only going to keep losing patience when they're half a lap behind those the house cars who's drivers are suppose to be helping make them go faster.

cross55
12-04-2017, 10:19 PM
If you think people in rockets get same as house car your mistaken. We have bought 2 house cars in our years of racing and they both were different from our other rockets and they were same year. Different tubing,shorter tail sections and few other tricks. I would.bet 99.9% of all the builders do the same.

XxMAshedtaterxX
12-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Chasefrehley you have no clue what you are talking about plain and simple I was there when the car that was at pri was built off the same jig that everyone else car was built on that’s the same car Freddie Carpenter has raced all year and guess what for the right price you can buy that car from him so don’t come on hear telling lies that you know nothing about

XxMAshedtaterxX
12-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Dirtwv77 No offense but a lot of those guys problems are not not getting help it’s the part that they don’t help them selves and what I mean but that cheap parts not running that was suggested to them by Freddie or Ty and another thing maybe Freddie and Ty are just that much better then everyone else driving wise

Mindwalker
12-05-2017, 11:53 AM
If you think people in rockets get same as house car your mistaken. We have bought 2 house cars in our years of racing and they both were different from our other rockets and they were same year. Different tubing,shorter tail sections and few other tricks. I would.bet 99.9% of all the builders do the same.Thought we all knew this? You were close... Im thinking 100% of the builders.

DirtWv77
12-05-2017, 04:56 PM
MashedTater, I do agree with you to an extent on the fact that there are a number of guys who do probably comprimise their K cars with the quality of parts they use... but in my mind, when I see VERY talented and always competitive drivers such as Ronnie Mayle, Kyle Thomas, Weigle and even Wolford all with 1-2 wins or less this past year with what should be excellent equipment... it makes you wonder.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Mashed taters, Freedy has been racing a long time. Somehow those two had a light bulb click at exactly the same time and their talent increased exponentially overnight. Good for them. Must have been sim racing that done it. Lol.

XxMAshedtaterxX
12-06-2017, 10:17 AM
MashedTater, I do agree with you to an extent on the fact that there are a number of guys who do probably comprimise their K cars with the quality of parts they use... but in my mind, when I see VERY talented and always competitive drivers such as Ronnie Mayle, Kyle Thomas, Weigle and even Wolford all with 1-2 wins or less this past year with what should be excellent equipment... it makes you wonder.So your telling me Ty and Freddie are hold info lol Ronnie has ran better in his Kryptonite then he has ran in anything other then his street stock lol Kyle Thomas has told Cory at the shop he might buy another car. And wolford has he looked better in his longhorn???? Lol I didn’t think so

XxMAshedtaterxX
12-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Mastersbilt you your right a light bulb did go off they both got aluminum motors at about the same time they weren’t getting out motored for once but it’s all good I know Freddie Ty and Chris you can bash them all you want you know nothing about them and nothing that they do.... have a good day

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-06-2017, 10:31 AM
I am giving them credit for having fast cars. That flat work better than most others on the track. Glad you joined 4m for this thread.

I can tell the difference between chassis speed and engine speed.

Drop Shock
12-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Aluminum motors don't make you pick up speed on small slick tracks like the carpenters normally race at

chupp n bloomer fan
12-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Aluminum motors don't make you pick up speed on small slick tracks like the carpenters normally race atOhio Valley has decent straights and tight turns and usually it has some bite in it. Skyline is a skating ring from anything I’ve ever seen about it. Midway can be both. The aluminum motors never hurt. I don’t think anyone is trying to discredit them at all. Just stating their cars are working pretty well, and having good open motors sure as he!! helps.