PDA

View Full Version : Jake Knowles Brings the Season to a Close; Preps for 2018

Ben Shelton
11-30-2017, 11:14 AM
For Immediate Release
November 30, 2017

Jake Knowles Brings the Season to a Close; Preps for 2018

Rome, Georgia (11/30/17) – Jake Knowles took his Knowles Race Parts & Bodies #66 Brucebilt Performance Rocket Chassis Late Model into action for the final time in 2017 over the course of the Thanksgiving weekend. While the result of the weekend is not what he had hoped, Knowles still considers the 2018 season to have been a great success.

“We had a good car in the feature but broke a shock bolt on lap 9, which ended things way early for us, so that was pretty disappointing,” Knowles commented. “We had our shares of ups and downs this year, but overall I’m very pleased with what we were able to accomplish. We only had one win, but we were knocking on the door on several occasions. I think we’ve got a strong base here, and we should be able to hit the ground running in 2018.”

Competing in the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series season finale, Jake Knowles traveled to Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on Friday night, where he entered the 12th annual Possum Town Grand Prix.

With 62 Crate Late Models on hand for the two-day event, Knowles recorded the second-fastest time in his qualifying group before placing third in his heat race. Earning the 14th-starting position for the $10,000-to-win A-Main on Saturday night, Jake brought out the first caution in the early laps when his car came to a halt. Unable to make it back out for the remaining 90 circuits after the crew discovered a broken right-rear shock, he was credited with a 24th-place finish.

Despite not entering all the events with the series, Jake finished seventh in the final NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series point standings. For full results from this event and the complete standings, please visit www.NeSmithRacing.com .

Jake ends 2017 with one win, 17 Top-5 finishes, and 27 Top-10 finishes. He also finished in the runner-up position in the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series standings.

For 2018 the team plans to contend for the championship in the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series as well as the NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series. Jake will open his 2018 campaign on January 4-7 at Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) with the annual Ice Bowl.

“I want to thank my sponsors, my family, and fans for all of their great support this season,” Knowles said. “I’m looking forward to a big 2018. We are actively pursuing additional sponsors and marketing partners. I encourage any interested parties to please contact me at 678-414-4655.”

Jake Knowles would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Knowles Race Parts & Bodies, Josh Roberts Trucking, Berry Construction General Contractor, Martins Wrecker Service, Curbow Logging, Coosa Heating & Cooling, Brucebilt Performance, JW Motorsports, Cruise with the Champions, Shorty’s Shock Service, Hoosier Racing Tire by Pup, Knowles Trucking, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Joe’s Transmission, Carolina Racing Supply, Big A’s Custom Graphics, Renegade Racing Fuels, Mitchell Jenkins Photography, Dynojet, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jake Knowles please visit www.JakeKnowles66.net .