PDA

View Full Version : Eldora Question

Illtsate32
12-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Got a question for anybody who frequents Eldora...in turn 4 the sections na-nd im thinking about getting seats in there around row 8-10. Has anyone sat in those sections and if so can you see the cars in 1-2 over the haulers???

HoosierDirtFan
12-02-2017, 03:54 PM
That's where I usually sit. Turn 4 is good but anything higher then row 5 is better. Top couple if rows are really good seats.

dirtyboy
12-02-2017, 04:39 PM
You will be able to see turn 1/2 decent from there, however when then get up high in the middle of 3/4 you will lose sight for a bit.

Illtsate32
12-02-2017, 05:11 PM
You will be able to see turn 1/2 decent from there, however when then get up high in the middle of 3/4 you will lose sight for a bit.Thanks fellas got row 10 in sec nc will be my first world 100...

Illtsate32
12-02-2017, 05:12 PM
That's where I usually sit. Turn 4 is good but anything higher then row 5 is better. Top couple if rows are really good seats.Right on Hoosier...

Loobs_07
12-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Ive sat over there for a few years now.. you can basically see everything except a quick blip in the middle of 1 and 2.. easy to get to the bar, and bathrooms. Only con in my eyes is you dont get to see the driver intros like you would under the grandstand

Illtsate32
12-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Ive sat over there for a few years now.. you can basically see everything except a quick blip in the middle of 1 and 2.. easy to get to the bar, and bathrooms. Only con in my eyes is you dont get to see the driver intros like you would under the grandstandCool I was wondering about getting a drink and restrooms if any was over there or if you half to walk to the main grandstands...and I dont smoke but my cousin does I know there was a designated spot behind the main grandstands to smoke idk if there are other areas? Anybody know?

lazyifoto
12-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Let me beat a dead horse....Eldora please get tall haulers out of the infield so we can see all the racing...

thexfactor0210
12-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Eldora please add more and better seating!!! It is needed with the record crowd numbers

Illtsate32
12-02-2017, 09:46 PM
I know you will have to look directly across the infield thats why I was asking but if it is just a blip of invisibility I guess I can handle that...agreed x factor they went on sale this morning with previous ticket buyers the grandstand is pretty much gone unless you want to sit very low and not see much...

thexfactor0210
12-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Yeah went to buy tickets 5 hours after sales and they were mostly blocked up

Swampy121
12-03-2017, 01:58 AM
Eldora please add more and better seating!!! It is needed with the record crowd numbers Tony can't do that. Might invade his firework area. :rolleyes:

Swampy121
12-03-2017, 02:00 AM
Seriously tho. Eldora needs more stands on the backstretch.

CIRF
12-03-2017, 08:05 AM
NASCAR tracks added seats by the 10's of thousands and have since taken 10's of thousands of them back out and the tracks that haven't taken seats out (see Bristol, Indy & Richmond among a few others) the stands look deserted on race day. Would adding a bunch of new seats to Eldora be a good idea in the long run? The jury is still out on that but NASCAR tracks thought it was a great idea and look how that turned out.

The seats in turn 4 at Eldora are good, especially if they're towards the top. You're going to lose sight of the cars if they're running up by the wall in 4 but it's just for a short time.

Driver50x
12-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Your first World 100.......you are in for a heck of a treat! I love that track and that race.

dirt junkie
12-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Cool I was wondering about getting a drink and restrooms if any was over there or if you half to walk to the main grandstands...and I dont smoke but my cousin does I know there was a designated spot behind the main grandstands to smoke idk if there are other areas? Anybody know?

Yes there's a smoking corral behind the grandstands between sections NE and NF. The jumbo screen is visible from there too. We sat in section NI one row from the top last year and were satisfied with the view. You'll lose them if they are on the bottom in 1-2 for a short amount of time. Same thing if they're on the top in 3-4. Not a deal breaker for me though. I like that area better than the main grandstand because of the congestion.
This past year was our first trip there and it was awesome and then some. Already renewed our tickets and campsite for this coming year. You'll love it!

Josh Bayko
12-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Tony can't do that. Might invade his firework area. :rolleyes:

The fireworks aren’t so much a Tony Stewart thing, Roger Slack is the is the one that likes things things that go boom and fire.

Illtsate32
12-03-2017, 04:04 PM
NASCAR tracks added seats by the 10's of thousands and have since taken 10's of thousands of them back out and the tracks that haven't taken seats out (see Bristol, Indy & Richmond among a few others) the stands look deserted on race day. Would adding a bunch of new seats to Eldora be a good idea in the long run? The jury is still out on that but NASCAR tracks thought it was a great idea and look how that turned out.The seats in turn 4 at Eldora are good, especially if they're towards the top. You're going to lose sight of the cars if they're running up by the wall in 4 but it's just for a short time.
Your first World 100.......you are in for a heck of a treat! I love that track and that race.
Yes there's a smoking corral behind the grandstands between sections NE and NF. The jumbo screen is visible from there too. We sat in section NI one row from the top last year and were satisfied with the view. You'll lose them if they are on the bottom in 1-2 for a short amount of time. Same thing if they're on the top in 3-4. Not a deal breaker for me though. I like that area better than the main grandstand because of the congestion. This past year was our first trip there and it was awesome and then some. Already renewed our tickets and campsite for this coming year. You'll love it!Thanks guys! Im row 10 in nc you guys got me pumped I cant wait...

CIRF
12-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys! Im row 10 in nc you guys got me pumped I cant wait...This first time will be a treat, for sure. When the first race on Saturday night rolls out of the turn 1 pit gate you'll likely get some goose bumps and you'll likely get those same goose bumps at that moment every time you attend the World.

Just a word of caution, do not allow anything that you wish not to be stolen to be unguarded or not secured to the point of overkill. There are race fans who are also thieves among you at the World and you could easily be a victim if you don't take proper precautions.

I know it's a long way off but sometimes the anticipation is almost as good as the show. Have a great time!!

Swampy121
12-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys! Im row 10 in nc you guys got me pumped I cant wait... You will have a blast! Pit passes are cheap too which is nice.

baker1b
12-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the WORLD 100 Illstate 32. Greatest race at the greatest race track on earth. You'll love it. I don't think there's any seat that you can see the whole track all the time so you have good seats. The atmosphere makes it worth it no matter where you sit

SFrancisFan15
12-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the WORLD 100 Illstate 32. Greatest race at the greatest race track on earth. You'll love it. I don't think there's any seat that you can see the whole track all the time so you have good seats. The atmosphere makes it worth it no matter where you sit

Agree with you on all points unless your trying to drop a couple grand on the VIP seating in turns three and four.

CIRF
12-04-2017, 01:05 PM
I don't think there's any seat that you can see the whole track all the time so you have good seats.Don't mean to nitpick but our seats are in the top 3 rows in Sec. D of the main grandstands and we can definitely see the whole track. The only time our sight lines are obscured is if a car, or cars, get real low going into turn #3. If they run a normal Eldora racing line we can see them all the way around.