PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Pierce alliance with Dunn Benson raises questions but offers big potential

Returning to Dirt
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
http://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-pierce-alliance-with-dunn-benson-raises-questions-but-offers-great-potential/

A few questions remain unanswered but the potential for this pairing is great

Illtsate32
12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
In all honesty I think if they want to be the most effective as crew chief and driver Bob needs to be all in or not in at all I think splitting time between the shop at home and Bobbys ride will hamper performance... I hope I am wrong...

smoothoperator32
12-03-2017, 08:59 PM
No questions raised in my mind, they will be fine

kidrock
12-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Well many have wondered how Bobby would do once he was out of the Pierce chassis and now they are going to get their chance to see how he does.

tb1545
12-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Press release or story that accompanied it said pierce was already switching to rockets before the Dunn benson deal. I'd have to imagine the Dunn benson deal will allow them to get more testing in faster than they would have originally to be up to speed with the xr1s. I'd also kind of think Bob might be putting his own touches on them. Those bolt on brackets make it pretty easy to do that.

Cardirt0
12-04-2017, 07:52 AM
In all honesty I think if they want to be the most effective as crew chief and driver Bob needs to be all in or not in at all I think splitting time between the shop at home and Bobbys ride will hamper performance... I hope I am wrong...

I am with you i think his Dad needs to stay at Home...

baker1b
12-04-2017, 08:36 AM
I don't think Bob has to be there all the time. With technology today he can be both places at once if need be. I think it's the best deal they could get. Top team with a top notch driver with a top notch chassis. What's not to like about this deal. I'm pretty sure I remember a video earlier this season were Bobby was testing another chassis that belonged to one of his friends. He may have been planning a change before the DB ride came along. He now has Mark Richards, Steve Baker, Josh Richards, Brandon Sheppard and Bob Pierce to go to for setup info. He was always a threat at the big ones when he was pretty much the only Pierce car there. Think how good he's gonna be with all the help.

Mindwalker
12-04-2017, 09:19 AM
I am with you i think his Dad needs to stay at Home...

Exactly!!!

Bubstr
12-04-2017, 12:47 PM
His dad needs to be out on the road with them, at least till the transition is made. I really don't see why anyone would think otherwise. When you have one of the best at set up and race strategy, you use them, unless you wish to lose. Seems like some would like to see Bobby start off with a handicap. Could be a couple of them, would be the first to bad mouth him for losing one. That stuff happens, when you have haters.

Bobby and his dad have a good understanding. Until the DB crew under stand where a little change is when talking to Bobby, his dad should be there. A little change is some where between, waving your hand over it and saying hockus pocus and a new front clip. Communication is very important. We should think about such things, it appears Dunn Benson has. Bob will gain a wealth of knowledge to help his new Rocket customers. It's the smart thing to do.

Cardirt0
12-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Was on a team that Bob drove for and it was 8 weeks befor left I the team, and had been on the team for 3 years and Bobs a D!ck....Bobby be better off working with the new team more...

Josh Bayko
12-04-2017, 03:31 PM
I’ve noticed on the DB site that they’re not going to be using the Integra XR1 package for shocks. I’m not so sure that’s the best course of action with how dependent cars are on shocks these days.

a25rjr
12-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Its too bad they didn't go with Rocket last year when they made the chassis switch. Switching because of convenience doesn't make much sense!

They would have been ahead of the curve and not shopping for a new driver!

Illtsate32
12-04-2017, 03:51 PM
..Josh I wonder if they may throw Bobbys Advanced package on the xr1 and see how it does first...

MotoMatt
12-04-2017, 06:35 PM
http://insidedirtracing.com/bobby-pierce-alliance-with-dunn-benson-raises-questions-but-offers-great-potential/

A few questions remain unanswered but the potential for this pairing is great

I don't really think there are questions about how he will adapt. You must forget easily because just last winter he flew to Australia, got in a totally different style of car and learned how to wheel it down under in a matter of days then went out and competed hard every night and even won at least one of the races....

Cardirt0
12-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Love or Hate Bobby he can drive a Race car....

Mindwalker
12-04-2017, 11:47 PM
Was on a team that Bob drove for and it was 8 weeks befor left I the team, and had been on the team for 3 years and Bobs a D!ck....Bobby be better off working with the new team more...

Now I ain't picking on you man but, It's probably a good thing nobody understood that, completely...

blncfn57
12-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Don't under-estimate the guys at Advanced, $hit, 10 years ago everyone thought you were crazy if you bought shocks or got help from the guys at Port City (Integra). Advanced is as good as anyone and better than alot of them. I wouldn't be concerned about the shock program they'll bring.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-05-2017, 08:59 AM
If you have properly tested the Integra package, you should be fine with any label on the outside of the aluminum body.

Cardirt0
12-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Now I ain't picking on you man but, It's probably a good thing nobody understood that, completely...

Bobs a D!ck,,, his Son ant

TackyTracker
12-05-2017, 10:35 AM
pretty sure we all know your feelings on Bob but his accomplishments and what he's done with Bobby to this point I can't see just kicking him to curb...

Mindwalker
12-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Bobs a D!ck,,, his Son ant

Ok, I get that. They all can't be perfect like you and me! 😂

pierceFAN
12-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Bobs all business at the track...its about putting the car in victory lane...probably not a good time to talk about the old days

Barbecueboy
12-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Y'all all know that Bobby is going to win right out of the gate.........right?

its gonna happen.

pierceFAN
12-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Y'all all know that Bobby is going to win right out of the gate.........right?

its gonna happen.

I bet it wont take long

Cardirt0
12-05-2017, 02:35 PM
If they Gel as a team lookout..

golddirt
01-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Where is that win?

smoothoperator32
01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Where is that win?

stay tuned!!!

Cardirt0
01-18-2018, 12:40 PM
stay tuned!!!

Smooth I seen someone do the same thing as your Vid... But he hit the only hole on the road and dead panned a street sign pole..4 broken bones Wish I had a Vid of it cause it was Funny, But the part were he was hurt...
I think you may be right...

race14
01-18-2018, 05:29 PM
4m should be renamed the Bobby Pierce News Network. Crazy smh

kidrock
01-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Calm down race14 don't go all crazy on us now lol

Mindwalker
01-18-2018, 09:24 PM
stay tuned!!!

And don't forget the oxygen while you hold your breath... 😂

a25rjr
01-18-2018, 10:05 PM
4m should be renamed the Bobby Pierce News Network. Crazy smh

I think Vince McMahon could make a new wrasslin show about this family's racing exploits!

It would give Jerry Springer a run for his money!

turnleftandgasit
01-19-2018, 10:32 AM
I don't care for the Pierce Posse at all, but you are crazy if you think he won't be winning races in the Rocket cars. As much as I hate them, the kid is a great driver and a blast to watch, till he dumps your driver.

smoothoperator32
01-19-2018, 10:42 AM
I don't care for the Pierce Posse at all, but you are crazy if you think he won't be winning races in the Rocket cars. As much as I hate them, the kid is a great driver and a blast to watch, till he dumps your driver.

So you don't like there sponsors as they are the Pierce Posse

Mindwalker
01-19-2018, 02:01 PM

When you're right you're right...

True words... Good post!

chopter
01-19-2018, 07:40 PM
I think the kid wins a bunch of races this year.

nuff said
01-19-2018, 08:28 PM
When he gets the Rocket dialed in to suit him he is going to be tough.This year should be very entertaining.

Forward Bite
01-21-2018, 11:51 PM
A little off the subject, but is the Larry Wallace who builds the engines for Bobby Pierce and DB the Larry Wallace who used to grind cams for Holman- Moody ?

ksmitty79
01-22-2018, 11:46 AM
This is the best thing that could happen to DBM. I'm not a Bobby fan. (Honestly, hasnt raced around this area any to really be a fan of his) But, Lets face it the DBM ride has really been a non factor as of the last couple of years. Sure they ran good at Lucas Oils speedway but they really haven't done much other then that. It's good the see the Lamm's hire a young guy to see what he can do with their equipment. Only time will tell how this marriage will work