PDA

View Full Version : Brake isssue question

warriorracerg9
12-05-2017, 09:41 AM
I am having a heck of a time with the brakes on my car. I had stainless rotors on the car which I didn't like(not a whole lot of brakes) but they never gave me any issues as far as fading, so I called wildwood and they recommended that I change to an H pad which I did. I still wasn't satisfied so I ordered spec 37 rotors and at that time they said the pads I had just bought would be fine. I put it all back together and now I am losing brakes rapidly. its actually blowing the fluid out of the master cylinders. I recently spoke to spike and he now says I need a "b" pad which I have ordered but not tried yet. I have wildwood 570 fluid. I have bled the brakes repetitively. I do not see anything bent such as an axle tube or caliper mount. I did change the master cylinders also but it still does the same thing. my question is could it simply be the wrong pads? or do I have another issue I am not seeing?

Punisher88
12-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Are the rubbers snapped into the caps on the master cylinders properly? I had an issue when I went to the dome last year and found the cold weather up there actually made them shrink and the tabs that pull through the metal cap pulled out and lost the seal.

TheJet-09
12-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Had a buddy with the same issue of blowing the fluid out. Are you in a Rocket by chance? Anyway, he switched to this Castrol brake fluid (probably synthetic) which is like $80 a quart, but that took care of it. Jimmy Mars was the one to suggest it, and even sold him the fluid at the track.

Matt49
12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
We ran into this where the caps interfere with one another and they will bleed just fine but under on-track braking, they will leak bad. You find out the hardware with slippery heels.
So when you pop your master cylinder covers back on, make sure you can run a piece of paper or something similar down between the caps. They are so close together that sometimes the little lip around the edges will bind up on one another and you won't get a good seal.

warriorracerg9
12-05-2017, 04:38 PM
yes I am in a rocket. matt49 I did make sure the master cylinder caps are not touching. spike at wildwood sent me 2 "new style" caps and gaskets that I haven't tried yet but the master cylinders that I just put on the car look like they have the same caps. I am going to change the fluid and try it again. I never had this problem until I changed the pads the first time.