PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shirley to GR Smith for WoO

Tireguy17
12-07-2017, 07:00 AM
http://www.onedirt.com/features/shirley-and-smith-join-forces-for-woo-assault/

thexfactor0210
12-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Man... was hoping Feger woulda got this. No real surprise here after he ran the WoO Finals for him

jensenracing18
12-07-2017, 07:24 AM
so now this leaves the Cullen seat open?

Josh Bayko
12-07-2017, 07:27 AM
so now this leaves the Cullen seat open?

No, article says he's gonna run Cullen's stuff for 25-30 non-WoO races.

Tireguy17
12-07-2017, 07:36 AM
That's a Dennis Erb aggressive type schedule:

Shirley will pursue the full WoO tour in Smith’s Team 22 Inc. #22 Victory Circle Auto Sales/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model. In addition, the team will enter various crown jewels together. The team plans to enter 70-75 races in 2018.

Shirley will also continue to drive for Wisconsin’s Bob Cullen Racing in approximately 25-30 events.

Mantis
12-07-2017, 07:56 AM
I know more than a few really talented drivers that bust their *ss fielding sub-par equipment and yet here we have squirrel with 2 separate top notch rides at his disposal.

I was hoping GR would have put somebody that actually needed a ride in his car.......2 teams/1 driver just seems odd.

zyoung25
12-07-2017, 08:01 AM
I know more than a few really talented drivers that bust their *ss fielding sub-par equipment and yet here we have squirrel with 2 separate top notch rides at his disposal.

I was hoping GR would have put somebody that actually needed a ride in his car.......2 teams/1 driver just seems odd.

Same way i feel. Shirley is decent(imo), but we've seen what he can do in good equipment on a tour. I dont see this lasting very long anyway. It's smart for Brian to keep the Cullen ride there.

cgrace
12-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Erb, Feger, Pierce and quite a few others have always ran more than 70 - 75 races. Not exactly the driver I wanted in the car, but good luck to Squirrel. I'm surprised Cullen is fine with only running 25 - 30 events.

Pennsboro23
12-07-2017, 08:07 AM
I like Shirley as a person, seems like he is a good guy. What you see is what you get, he's had top notch equipment on tour before. If he finishes out the year with GR, he will run 5-7 on WoO tour. But I agree, I can think of a few other guys more deserving of a big time ride that haven't had the chance yet.

nuff said
12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
I would be surprised if this lasted all year.

TUTY
12-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Many people don't want to deal with the 18 To 25 year olds attitudes and careless nature. Not all but a lot of the younger generation are tough to deal with and can become a really tough deal during the year.

Pennsboro23
12-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Many people don't want to deal with the 18 To 25 year olds attitudes and careless nature. Not all but a lot of the younger generation are tough to deal with and can become a really tough deal during the year.

Some of the 18-30 year old drivers that I know, are the hardest workers in the sport.

jog49
12-07-2017, 09:27 AM
It's not the 70-75 races next season that's a concern but rather driving for two teams that screws up one's concentration. We shall see with Shirley.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Many people don't want to deal with the 18 To 25 year olds attitudes and careless nature. Not all but a lot of the younger generation are tough to deal with and can become a really tough deal during the year.And plenty of them don’t have that attitude. It’s the ones stereotyping and b!tchin about younger people who usually just need to look in the mirror.

Feger, or about 10 other drivers before I’d chosen Shirley. I think he is mediocre and he has always had pretty nice stuff.

NormP
12-07-2017, 08:36 PM
18-30 year old racers may be the exception, but other than that TUTY wasn't wrong.

Krooser
12-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Think back to the days when the open wheel drivers picked up different rides almost every week for different car owners and different style cars...midgets, sprints, big cars, super mods... two teams is a piece of cake.

hayfever
12-08-2017, 03:35 AM
I like Shirley as a person, seems like he is a good guy. What you see is what you get, he's had top notch equipment on tour before. If he finishes out the year with GR, he will run 5-7 on WoO tour. But I agree, I can think of a few other guys more deserving of a big time ride that haven't had the chance yet.

Got to agree with you, he has had several opportunities with great equipment and they have gone sour. I don't know why but it must be him as the deals come apart, the points racing falls apart and sponsors and owners dump him. He is a sprinter, not a finisher what I see.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-08-2017, 05:52 AM
18-30 year old racers may be the exception, but other than that TUTY wasn't wrong.My brother in law is 22 I think, degree from Ohio University in Engineering and is an engineer in Toledo. Lives on his own without Mommy and Daddy.

Someone in my family is 29, and has never not had my parents, nor now just my Mom, providing a roof over his head. And now his wife’s head. And he doesn’t vote left, so???

hucktyson
12-08-2017, 06:04 AM
This is soooo easy. All of you think you have some right or say so how another man spends his hard earned money !! You don't get over it . If you want to pick a driver you think is " deserving " of having 500k a year spent on his hobby , get the 500k and spend it on whoever you want.

Pennsboro23
12-08-2017, 07:05 AM
This is soooo easy. All of you think you have some right or say so how another man spends his hard earned money !! You don't get over it . If you want to pick a driver you think is " deserving " of having 500k a year spent on his hobby , get the 500k and spend it on whoever you want.

This is a racing forum where we discuss all things dirt late model racing. Why are you so offended by all of us talking about who we think deserves big time rides? If I had 500k, I would put someone in a car, but I don't. So until then I'll continue to discuss who I think deserves a ride.

71PRPFan
12-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Dang should've been the Pennsylvania Hole Beater in the ride !

zyoung25
12-08-2017, 09:37 AM

"4m.net - The Most Opinionated Racing Message Board In The Universe"

Uhhh I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. Considering that phrase is on the front page of the website.

Barbecueboy
12-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Stick to hammering and sawing chief.........build yerself a pit of misery and go bannish yourself into it for a few weeks.

Dilly, dilly.

Barbecueboy
12-08-2017, 09:50 AM
"4m.net - The Most Opinionated Racing Message Board In The Universe"

Uhhh I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. Considering that phrase is on the front page of the website.

So there's that.........

Pennsboro23
12-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Stick to hammering and sawing chief.........build yerself a pit of misery and go bannish yourself into it for a few weeks.

Dilly, dilly.

Dilly, dilly.

Bubstr
12-08-2017, 10:45 AM
I see, one guy can have an opinion and if someone disagrees, they are not allowed a opinion. It does seem easy to spend other peoples money.

To be a good racer, you need to do a lot of things well. The ability to get car owners to like you, may be at the top of that list. Money people don't hand out rides because you need one, not even a democrat car owner, that believes in redistribution of wealth. If one driver got two rides, means he is doing his job well. They like him or figure he can win more races. In my opinion, if you put a winning car under Shirley, he can win it, not so with some mentioned.