PDA

View Full Version : Willy's?....

dfhotlm33c
12-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Carburetors worth the money? Currently running Quick-Fuel that has been around awhile, that has been through three rebuilds...open 406 23 degree motor, maybe 650-680 hp...would I see a major difference?

jeredb
12-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Do yourself a favor and find Bradley Morris on Facebook. Buy a braswell from him tuned for your engine combo. Then take his advise.

a25rjr
12-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Carburetors worth the money? Currently running Quick-Fuel that has been around awhile, that has been through three rebuilds...open 406 23 degree motor, maybe 650-680 hp...would I see a major difference?

We had an engine builder put our engine together a while back, we provided the parts inc Quick Fuel carb, and after the dyno pulls, he said there was basically no difference compared to his Braswells that he usually uses. He said he was impressed by their quality and performance.

King1
12-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Back when i ran all steel motors i ran a proform. A friend of mine bought a steel ford motor from cornett and used my proform on the dyno. Jack looked at us and said "now ill tell you if this thing is junk"

He made 13 more hp on the proform over the stealth he used in house.

From a driving standpoint. Anytime i used a stealth or a rapture, i felt like i lost power. Made it smoother but i dont like waiting on my motor to get wound up.

I drove for a guy that used willys carbs. Super nice and a quality piece

Punisher88
12-08-2017, 06:53 AM
I use rapture but I live here in phenix city by him and he and my dad grew up together so I get super good deals. I'm happy with the performance. Stealth is pretty popular around here also.

billetbirdcage
12-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Generally speaking: You'll get better value for your dollar doing a tuning session on the dyno, then you will spending a ton on a custom carb. Not saying there isn't a difference between them but if they are both close to right the power difference will be really small unless it's some restricted carb deal. Most of the time if it's a new engine combo (or you not that familiar with lots of combo's to make a really good educated guess) you can usually gain 20 to 30 HP just tuning on the dyno with jetting, timing, lash, spacers, etc and that's more then you will usually find between decent carbs. If your dealing with alky or E-85 carbs, then you find more disparity or get into driving or part throttle issues more often then a gas carb.

Just my 2 cents worth

50j
12-09-2017, 07:56 AM
I'll have to respectfully disagree on that one. I've seen huge differences in drivability with gas carbs too. If you've ever had a really good custom built carb it's hard to accept anything else. You do have to be selective though. With a couple of the cheap carburetors mentioned, in perfect working order and showing good dyno a/f numbers, I wouldn't run them after driving behind them. JMO

grt74
12-09-2017, 02:57 PM

they are just flat the best in the business, THEY WILL WORK WITH YA,if you have the patience they will get it tuned to what you like (and make sure she is not lean), all the others are just flat in sales, they (willy's) are in sales and service, and im a man that has had them all, drivablity it the key here not all out hp

jmo

willy and larry are great to work with, they will listen to the little guy, not just the top guys, and THEY WILL ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!

keeks
12-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Patrick from Pro-Systems builds some fantastic carbs. He's great to work with too. I wish I something to try that SV1 on.

dirty white boy
12-10-2017, 11:44 PM
bo laws best there is...