PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Races of the Year

Snake X3
12-12-2017, 03:11 PM
DoD released their top races of 2017 today. I keep my own list as the season progresses and I was shocked I had the same five they had. IMO Farmer City was better than the North/South, but I understand why they picked the North/South.

Farmer City is a great track. I think it is under-rated compared to places like FALS. Glad to see it got the recognition this year.

Do you guys pretty much agree with their picks?

brsteg
12-12-2017, 03:40 PM
DoD released their top races of 2017 today. I keep my own list as the season progresses and I was shocked I had the same five they had. IMO Farmer City was better than the North/South, but I understand why they picked the North/South.

Farmer City is a great track. I think it is under-rated compared to places like FALS. Glad to see it got the recognition this year.

I'm not a DoD guy so I can't see the list.

But my race of the year was the Spring Nationals Race at Florence in April.

My runner up is either the North-South or a (wait for it) NASCAR Cup Race at Martinsville in Oct.

TerryM
12-12-2017, 03:52 PM
The spring race didn't make it, but the North/South made the list again. Seems to almost every year.

drunkinashortbus
12-12-2017, 05:44 PM
The north south was not good until TMAC and Bobby decided to not race each other and go after bloomer then it got good I would say maybe what 10 good laps? I was there and tmac seemed to say F it bobby is not getting by me and I'm going after bloomer. Being a tmac fan I was happy to see him win!!!

PRCKartRacer9
12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Was the DTWC on the list?

TerryM
12-12-2017, 07:15 PM

My runner up is either the North-South or a (wait for it) NASCAR Cup Race at Martinsville in Oct.
I've had a chance to watch the whole video now. The Spring Nats made honorable mention.

rickybrown1952
12-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Don't know what was on the list but friday night at 2016 Gateway Dirt nationals should be on there

3 wide
12-12-2017, 09:06 PM
What about the August race at bulls gap broke the track record 6 times under 12 seconds on a 4/10.

MI Dirt Fan
12-12-2017, 09:53 PM
What about the August race at bulls gap broke the track record 6 times under 12 seconds on a 4/10.

Was that a race or qualifying???

GEAR_HEAD
12-12-2017, 10:20 PM

Farmer City is also inconsistent. Their Summernationals show was a complete joke.

3 wide
12-13-2017, 05:22 AM
It was a 10 grand to win race qualifying heat races an feature they have leased the race track out new track prep man real good racing.

Snake X3
12-13-2017, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry. I should have posted their list. It was...

1. North-South 100 - TMac over Bloomer and Pierce
2. Lucas at Bubba Raceway Park - Sheppard over Bloomquist
3. 25 lap prelim of the Illini 100 at Farmer City - Shirley over Moyer Sr/Pierce/Babb
4. World Finals Friday - Sheppard over Marlar and Dennis Erb
5. 5/6 Triple Crown @ Cedar Lake - AJ Demiel over Chad Mader

There were a ton of honorable mentions....too many for me to bother writing down.

Snake X3
12-13-2017, 03:29 PM

I believe the Spring Nationals at Florence was on the honorable mention list. And I agree...it was a great one.