PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil vs WoO question

Hauscat
12-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Hey guys. I have a question I have been wondering for a few years now and you’ll probably be able to help. I am wondering what are the deciding factors on drivers picking to run a certain series vs the other. Is it the money, the tracks, the competition in one vs the other. Thanks!!!

Hoosier
12-14-2017, 07:31 PM
All of the above, plus geography

Snake X3
12-14-2017, 08:06 PM
I believe sponsorship plays a role in it as well. Lucas used to have more TV exposure, which matters to some sponsors. I'm not sure if Lucas still has as big of an edge over WoO though. Also, I believe Lucas has the edge in number of Crown Jewel/high winner's purse races.

MI Dirt Fan
12-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Also, I believe Lucas has the edge in number of Crown Jewel/high winner's purse races.
I also believe winning the WoO Championship pays better, BUT Lucas has a $100k race. WoO sort of does with the Dream but it's not technically a official WoO points event. Kind of a double edge sword. I'd like to see a couple guys from each series, each year jump back and forth to the tours. But certain guys are strictly committed to each tour like Bloomquist, Owens, EPJ, O'Neal and guys like Clanton, Eckert and even BShepp.

Snake X3
12-14-2017, 08:35 PM
I also believe winning the WoO Championship pays better, BUT Lucas has a $100k race. WoO sort of does with the Dream but it's not technically a official WoO points event. Kind of a double edge sword. I'd like to see a couple guys from each series, each year jump back and forth to the tours. But certain guys are strictly committed to each tour like Bloomquist, Owens, EPJ, O'Neal and guys like Clanton, Eckert and even BShepp.

Yep. WoO had the bigger points fund, but on the flip side Lucas paid $10k to win Friday shows and $12k on Saturday vs WoO's 8k and 10k (I think). This year all Lucas races will pay $12k to win. I'm not sure what WoO is paying or how the total purses are paid through the field.

I'd like to see the top drivers compete every week, but I think it is more important that we have two national tours. Also, by having two national tours it makes The Dream and The World more interesting.

Hauscat
12-14-2017, 08:46 PM
So there aren't many rules differences from the Lucas to the WoO? Do either series do anything different like track prep?

71PRPFan
12-14-2017, 09:09 PM
WoO does the redraw, Lucas Has Essex on the mic lol that's about it

TUTY
12-14-2017, 09:14 PM
Both are the real deal.

Snake X3
12-14-2017, 10:57 PM
So there aren't many rules differences from the Lucas to the WoO? Do either series do anything different like track prep?

There are some guys on here that might know rules differences better than I do, but if you're really interested in the details both series have their rule books posted on their websites.

WoO: http://www.woolms.com/rules-forms

Lucas: http://lucasdirt.com/driver-dashboard

Krooser
12-15-2017, 01:13 AM

Track prep is the responsibility of the track promoter.

No_Weak_Links
12-15-2017, 07:27 AM
WoO does the redraw, Lucas Has Essex on the mic lol that's about itThank God they changed this year. More fair IMO.

Josh Bayko
12-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Yep. WoO had the bigger points fund, but on the flip side Lucas paid $10k to win Friday shows and $12k on Saturday vs WoO's 8k and 10k (I think). This year all Lucas races will pay $12k to win. I'm not sure what WoO is paying or how the total purses are paid through the field.

I'd like to see the top drivers compete every week, but I think it is more important that we have two national tours. Also, by having two national tours it makes The Dream and The World more interesting.

This year, the only shows on the WoO that pay less than 10K are prelim nights for bigger shows.

Snake X3
12-15-2017, 02:00 PM
This year, the only shows on the WoO that pay less than 10K are prelim nights for bigger shows.

So on a normal weekly show it will be $10k both night? If so, that's great news. This new guy at the head of WoO is really stepping things up, which is great for the sport.