PDA

View Full Version : Babb at the Dome!!!

race14
12-16-2017, 10:42 PM
He was the show, shame he ended up 7th.

george w
12-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Worth the price of addmission hands down! I'd guess the t-shirt sales will replace the rear spoiler an deck??

backspace
12-17-2017, 04:18 AM
I give it to Shannon,,always trying the top....But Tanner English,,wow what a kid,,he sure was knocking on Pierce's door

kidrock
12-17-2017, 07:09 AM
Babb didn't win but, he did put on a heck of a show for the fans.

To bad Carpenter and English got into one another. They had a good race going between them.

Highside Hustler25
12-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Nice run by Shannon:cool:but banging the cushion and sparking the wall???I know one guy that gets chastised and criticized anytime he does it so......where are the cushion crunchin critics now:confused:

CRK
12-17-2017, 09:28 AM
I give it to Shannon,,always trying the top....But Tanner English,,wow what a kid,,he sure was knocking on Pierce's doorKnocking on his door? He passed him like he was standing still and then gets screwed. Of course they put bobby back up front when yellow came out

hucktyson
12-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Completely out of control repeatedly slamming the wall is now a great performance ???

Highside Hustler25
12-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Completely out of control repeatedly slamming the wall is now a great performance ???

Well, sure. Long as it's not lil Pierce.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 09:56 AM

No actually coming from 18th to 3rd at one time on the high side banging off the cushion or wall was the great performance.

Kwd1253
12-17-2017, 10:44 AM
If this was j.d. or Bobby they would have talked crap and say that the only way they know how to win is beat the rear deck off, but praise another for doing it, Hypocritical.

No actually coming from 18th to 3rd at one time on the high side banging off the cushion or wall was the great performance.
You left out the main part at the end of the race. Went from 2-3rd to 7th for beating the rear end off his car. He was losing ground at top, so he went full retard at the top banging it off the walls.

golddirt
12-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Kwd needs a clean pad this morning

kidrock
12-17-2017, 11:14 AM
If this was j.d. or Bobby they would have talked crap and say that the only way they know how to win is beat the rear deck off, but praise another for doing it, Hypocritical.

You left out the main part at the end of the race. Went from 2-3rd to 7th for beating the rear end off his car. He was losing ground at top, so he went full retard at the top banging it off the walls.

Yep your right he did finish 7th but, in my opinion from what I saw on the video he put on a show coming from 18th to 3rd banging the cushion or walls. He wasn't going to win it staying on the bottom so, he had to try something and after all he was there to win not run second or 7th in his case.

nuff said
12-17-2017, 11:22 AM

Have you ever passed that many cars in a race ???? And they were quality cars.

hucktyson
12-17-2017, 11:35 AM
I am not a veteran " superstar " late model racer like Shannon Babb. At the end of the race he went full retard slamming the dog fuc% out of the wall on both ends. That wasn't scraping the wall it was hammering the wall. And he ended up 7th not 3rd and how many of those spots were from cars falling out ? If only starts and finishes count I passed more than that at the 2017 pittsburgher and I only acually passed 2 cars lol

ride height
12-17-2017, 11:43 AM
It was fun to watch. Good grief. Whats the problem? He wasnt impeding anyone. Complaining about Babb last night, its pretty much picking the fly (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) off a corn cob. What do you want a train around the bottom? There was enough of that anyway, dont ya think?

Kwd1253
12-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Yep your right he did finish 7th but, in my opinion from what I saw on the video he put on a show coming from 18th to 3rd banging the cushion or walls. He wasn't going to win it staying on the bottom so, he had to try something and after all he was there to win not run second or 7th in his case.

You are right your self. Everyone running the bottom does make the risk changing lines to the top rewarding at times. Everyone on the bottom because it's was over all best line. Down side when the front leaders of the pack bottle up everyone, the ones running top can get around them. Babb could have got 15-10k check if he went to bottom before he went full throttle banging it off the wall lol.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 12:09 PM
You are right your self. Everyone running the bottom does make the risk changing lines to the top rewarding at times. Everyone on the bottom because it's was over all best line. Down side when the front leaders of the pack bottle up everyone, the ones running top can get around them. Babb could have got 15-10k check if he went to bottom before he went full throttle banging it off the wall lol.

Well I would say Babb was only concerned about winning and had he stayed on the bottom that wasn't going to happen. Yes your right he could have pocketed more money had he moved down once he got to third but, he didn't until a few laps later after 3 or 4 cars passed him. whata coulda shoulda still put on a good show for the fans.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 12:10 PM
It was fun to watch. Good grief. Whats the problem? He wasnt impeding anyone. Complaining about Babb last night, its pretty much picking the fly (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) off a corn cob. What do you want a train around the bottom? There was enough of that anyway, dont ya think?

yeah what he said!!

Kwd1253
12-17-2017, 12:24 PM

Well I was pointing out people give hell to few drivers that do what Babb did, but then turn around praise Babb for it. If you going to cheer one on for doing that, dont crap on another one for doing it. Huck one the few that well call any driver out that does do that.

Snake X3
12-17-2017, 12:45 PM
I really don't understand why people care how a driver runs his race as long as he doesn't recklessly take out other drivers. IMO Babb added some excitement to what was otherwise a mediocre bottom dominant race.

As far as who spun Tanner English goes, during the PPV Ben Shelton accurately called it as Babb spinning English. It was a racing deal though. On a bullring that sort of thing is gonna happen.

blncfn57
12-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Knocking on his door? He passed him like he was standing still and then gets screwed. Of course they put bobby back up front when yellow came out

know the rules before complaining...... they are pretty much the same everywhere.

Snake X3
12-17-2017, 01:00 PM
I just saw Ty Carpenter's post-race and he apologized for taking out English even though he wasn't the one that spun him. He probably meant that he knew he caused English to get spun. Really glad Ty had a good race.

Snake X3
12-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Tanner English placed the blame all on Carpenter. This is from the DoD article here....

http://www.dirtondirt.com/story_9943.html

“Carpenter chopped me down on the restart and tried to put me in the uke tire (entering turn one), which is fine, whatever, that’s racing,” English said. “Come in the next corner, he did it again. Next corner, he did it again — and I just stalled the motor out and spun out.”

ride height
12-17-2017, 01:28 PM
The way everyone was beating on each other, I was surprised there wasnt full blown fist fights in the pits that spilled out into the dome. Everyone appeared to have kept tempers in check. At least on TV it looked like it. Im sure there is alot of bent up parts on racecars this morning. If youre going to race on a little track like that....$hit will surely happen. Babb?...I thought it was entertaining as he!l ! He was either going to the front, or the RR of the car was coming off. It was the latter, but fun to watch.

race14
12-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Shannon did try to get to the bottom, and I think he carried too much momentum into the bottom groove and pushed coming off which opened the bottom up and he couldn't get back down, so he was kinda stuck, so stand on it.

Kwd1253
12-17-2017, 02:51 PM
That English spin was a bad deal. English had get on the breaks pretty hard on that last one not get into ty. English car kind of stalled and bad got into back of him. But that happen a lot through out the event. It’s almost either 1 you get on the binder, try not punt the car in fort of you, you stall or car behind you punts you. Or 2 don’t get on the binders and put them not to get punted by someone behind you.

TerryM
12-17-2017, 03:33 PM
As a driver, you can either follow in line and hope the track opens up, or you can get up on the wheel, put the hammer to the floor and make things happen. The guys who take the second approach are the ones I pay money to watch.

3 wide
12-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Babb learned how to drive a Macon I guess that is why he is a little better on a small track like this I'm sorry but a 60 mph race just don't interest me.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Babb learned how to drive a Macon I guess that is why he is a little better on a small track like this I'm sorry but a 60 mph race just don't interest me.

Little bullrings are not for everyone but, you are right Babb cut his teeth at Macon along with other bullrings in central IL

jr29
12-17-2017, 05:53 PM
What is the rule at the dome about at fault spins and who goes to the back ? English spun but did not stop on the track. If blame had to be placed between him and Carpenter it certainly looked to me like Carpenter was at fault.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Babb started 15th not 18th and got as high as 2nd but, finished 7th. Just wanted to correct what I said earlier.

Illtsate32
12-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Babb learned how to drive a Macon I guess that is why he is a little better on a small track like this I'm sorry but a 60 mph race just don't interest me.3 wide what do you do bring your radar gun and if they arent going your desired speed go home? Lol speed has zero to do with racing quality lots of races on 1/3 and 1/2 miles are absolute snoozers...

fryefan
12-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Knocking on his door? He passed him like he was standing still and then gets screwed. Of course they put bobby back up front when yellow came out

You are correct. It was shameful what they did to Tanner.

kidrock
12-17-2017, 10:29 PM
English didn't get screwed by the officials it was the rule. The leader plus 1 and Pierce hadn't crossed the line before the caution came out so, they go back to last completed lap and Pierce was the leader on that lap.

TMaCiLLiNi39
12-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Babb started 15th not 18th and got as high as 2nd but, finished 7th. Just wanted to correct what I said earlier.

Shannon started outside row 9.... that is 18th

Row 9: Timothy Culp, Shannon Babb

3 wide
12-18-2017, 05:24 AM
No illtsate32 I don't see most of the race tracks I go to tell you the time and the speed I go to 2 race tracks one Is a third mile they turn it in about 11 seconds I go to a 3/8 mile they turn in under 12 seconds once you go to races like this a race like this don't interest me at all.

kidrock
12-18-2017, 06:23 AM
Shannon started outside row 9.... that is 18th

Row 9: Timothy Culp, Shannon Babb

Thanks, I was reading a comment on facebook from Shannon Babb racing and it said 15th so I thought I was wrong about what I posted but, it really doesn't matter. He did come from the back to the front.

hucktyson
12-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Tyler carpenter did absolutely nothing wrong other than beat 90 cars that are cost twice as much as his lol. That dude can wheel. English got into his quarter and had to slow down and babb drove through English. That incident was 0% tyler carpenters fault. I was just pointing out that many of babs " passes " were cars that got tangled up and sent to the tail.

dirty-white-boy
12-18-2017, 12:48 PM
Exactly. Carpenter was there to win and not make friends. You don't win by following the guy around in front of you. Go home Tanner!

slydejob18
12-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Hey Huck -- were you there? Answer that first.

And take the quotes off superstar -- cuz that's what Babb is. Check your records. Better yet, ask any of the other "superstars".

Sounds to me like you just don't like the guy. Nothing wrong with that. But, HE was THE SHOW. Guess you like watching those guys crab around the bottom, lay down rubber, and come home with a nice check, huh?

I'll take what I saw from Babb any day.

Go 18!!

slydejob18
12-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Wow, really? What race were you watching? English got into his quarter after Carpenter repeatedly blocked the H___ out of him and parked it in the corner. Babb simply finished Tanner off and Babb was also being hit from behind at the same time. So, yeah -- Carpenter was holding English up. And yeah, it is his right to block. But geez, even he admitted he was pinching English off for several laps.

The fact is that English never said a word to Babb. But, he had plenty to say to Carpenter. Everybody saw that. No denying it. And that says a lot.

Go 18!!

race14
12-18-2017, 04:15 PM
I think if lanigan wouldn't have used the whole track coming off of 2, Babb was hard on the brakes a few times trying not to get into him, if he could have cleared him before the top was gone, he probably would have been able to get Pierce and get down, but that's racing.

Kwd1253
12-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Wow, really? What race were you watching? English got into his quarter after Carpenter repeatedly blocked the H___ out of him and parked it in the corner. Babb simply finished Tanner off and Babb was also being hit from behind at the same time. So, yeah -- Carpenter was holding English up. And yeah, it is his right to block. But geez, even he admitted he was pinching English off for several laps.

The fact is that English never said a word to Babb. But, he had plenty to say to Carpenter. Everybody saw that. No denying it. And that says a lot.

Go 18!!

It started around lap 36 or 37.. Carpenter was getting in back of English 2 or 3 laps, Then caution came out for b.Shepp. At drop of the green, Soon as green drop coming out of 4 carpanter was push on English. English almost got into the tire because of Carpenter. Then Carpenter then driving over his head into 1&2 and 3&4 almost spinning. All English had do was tap Carpenter rear and he would spun him. But English was racing him clean as he could how Carpenter driving. This why Carpenter was apologizing, he knew he started. This what making everyone question about the officials calls at times during this event.

george w
12-18-2017, 05:01 PM
I think if lanigan wouldn't have used the whole track coming off of 2, Babb was hard on the brakes a few times trying not to get into him, if he could have cleared him before the top was gone, he probably would have been able to get Pierce and get down, but that's racing.
Hard for me to say how far he would've got but it would've made a huge difference, i thought the same thing aswell.

Highside Hustler25
12-18-2017, 05:42 PM
I blame neither one. It's a bullring. Ya see it @ Macon weekly.

I do think Tanner English is gonna be a GOOD one. He showed tons of improvement this year and impressed me every time I seen him race.

TackyTracker
12-18-2017, 05:48 PM
I realize Babb didn't make it work but that's Babb and he over his career has made that work several times over the years.. Don't blame him for trying

and it's tight racing of course contact is going to happen and happen a lot

Missile18
12-18-2017, 06:13 PM
As I have read all of the post up to this point, I find it really hard to believe that everyone that has posted (HUCKTYSON) was at the race. The video shows a lot but it’s no where near as exciting as it was to be there! The same goes for the Friday race from last year! As for the RR of the #18 Clements Powered, Petroff Towing, Donley Trucking XR1 Rocket it was meant to be torn up. Do you really think Shannon was that worried about it. No! He was there to race and put on a show as he did. I wish he would have been able to start somewhere in the top ten so he wasn’t used up when he got up there. All in all a very good weekend of racing. Looking forward to next year already and hopefully all the fair season fans will join us as it is indoors!

Go 18!