PDA

View Full Version : dome friday feature 1?

riddle28
12-18-2017, 06:27 AM
How does oneal get his spot back but they send breazeale to the tail when they both come to a complete stop?

golddirt
12-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Breazeale was at fault?

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-18-2017, 08:01 AM
How does oneal get his spot back but they send breazeale to the tail when they both come to a complete stop?

There was a lot of choose the guy who sells tickets and let him keep his spot all weekend.

flagone
12-18-2017, 09:38 AM
There was a lot more of people not knowing the rules.

Breazeale and Schlenk caused the yellow with the contact and ultimately stopping. All other cars stopped or spun to avoid contact. You have to apply some common sense to the stop rule on a tiny track or people will end up driving through others to keep rolling and that is just plain not needed.

It is no different than when Hubbard crashed there were 5 cars stopped around him but they did so to avoid him. I am going to err on the side of common sense and safety every time.

On multiple car yellows on initial starts all cars got their spots back.

The problem here is people look for a conspiracy or only watch the driver they like while not understanding the rules of the event. It is a unique event with a small track

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-18-2017, 09:40 AM
There was a lot more of people not knowing the rules.

Breazeale and Schlenk caused the yellow with the contact and ultimately stopping. All other cars stopped or spun to avoid contact. You have to apply some common sense to the stop rule on a tiny track or people will end up driving through others to keep rolling and that is just plain not needed.

It is no different than when Hubbard crashed there were 5 cars stopped around him but they did so to avoid him. I am going to err on the side of common sense and safety every time.

The problem here is people look for a conspiracy or only watch the driver they like while not understanding the rules of the event. It is a unique event with a small track

There were guys getting dumped and put on the tail. And guys doing the dumping and being put on the tail. Even the announcers expressed confusion a time or two. In 2 car incidents, its pretty simple.

I know that 30 years at bullrings didn't teach me anything about racing though...

flagone
12-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Were you there MasterSbilt or watching the PPV?

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Were you there MasterSbilt or watching the PPV?

Watched the PPV.

President Clinton
12-18-2017, 09:49 AM
I was there and it was all confusing!!!!!

manwplan
12-18-2017, 11:59 AM
T

This part here happens all through the south and drives me nuts. Nothing pisses me off more then when the guy on the front throw blows it in turn 1 and spins in front of the field and wrecks everybody and then gets his spot back. I would love for someone to explain to me how this falls under common sense.

powerslide
12-18-2017, 04:17 PM
I was confused by it all as well, it was clear on a total restart everyone got spots back. If one spun at one end and another at the other after they had a lap in they usually credited whoever spun first and gave the other his spot back. It sure looked like if you were a "star" you got the spot back more often than not. I went to the dome for what it is worth.

Highside Hustler25
12-18-2017, 05:26 PM
That had to be a nightmare to score. Especially the Friday night heats. Kudos to Mr. Carlton. Thought they did a fine job. Someone is always going to be unhappy about the timing of the yellow flag. And their were plenty Friday night.